• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Grand Finale: Solid Snake vs Kamen Rider Ixa

The problem is, the technology and the origin for Ixa wasn't explained in the series further, unlike Kivat
The only thing we know is it was used around 1950 like the other said and Otoya (Wataru/Kiva father) was also weared it
There is SIC Heroes Saga but we don't know if we can take it since its mostly non-canon

That's an issue, Snake might have a win condition, but we need to know what type of tech it is first.

Citation for what? On the profile, it says the Ixa Generator multiplies the user's power by several tens of times (30x)

Profile lists it as up to 25k tons with that, take it up with it, not me.

Also it's stated to run on electromagnetic motors, so it probably won't be useful here anyway.

The 25k comes from the Powered Ixer, the profile has the Powered Ixer and Ixa Generator as two different things. Even with the 30x multiplier to the 10k hammer, it still would've been Class M.

I'm saying in general, that the infrared and texture camo can be used atop of the invisibility camo, how does the x-ray vision work? Depending how, stealth camo using electromagnetic waves and bending of light and stuff might be able to bypass that anyhow (Assuming Snake being invisible already doesn't **** with it given he can see through Snake anyway).
I see. This is how Ixa's Enhanced Senses work.

Might be an issue, some of Snake's tech isn't just hanging off him, some stuff is tho so that might help, but other stuff isn't, though coupled with invisibility camo that might complicate things as the camo works on what Snake has too.
I'm guessing if Ixa ever sees it, he can analyze it.
That's an issue, Snake might have a win condition, but we need to know what type of tech it is first.
Two of those are extremely bad for Ixa, can you confirm the electromagnetism and electrical stuff in particular?
I'm assuming its the emp. I think I have a counter to that but I'll wait for more info first.
The 25k comes from the Powered Ixer, the profile has the Powered Ixer and Ixa Generator as two different things. Even with the 30x multiplier to the 10k hammer, it still would've been Class M.
Berries has a point here so I think am mistaken.

Lad, the scan linked outright says "up to 25,000t" and the profile says "Powered Ixa (Can lift objects up to 25,000 tons) or with Ixa Generator".

It's treating them as being interchangeable, not one drastically above the other. And the scan alone puts an upper limit on the LS anyway. I'm not saying you're wrong, but profile is saying other shit that disagrees with your claims.
That stat amp itself isn't even being used for LS anyway, merely AP, how do we know it applies to LS as well? Profile doesn't treat it like that.

To vague, it's not saying how it works, just that it's a thing he has. But it points out how its for image information that passes through the lens, I'd have to assume, if he's looking at something already invisible it ain't gonna count, and the X-Ray vision also doesn't help, why are you assuming it'd see a skeleton or something? If Snake is already optically transparent, would he not just see through him anyway, how much control is there to this X-Ray vision anyway? If it's just basic opacity stuff that won't do anything here.

I'm assuming its the emp. I think I have a counter to that but I'll wait for more info first.

EMP, and the Sorrow Doll, which allows Snake to puppet things that run on electromagnetic forces and electricity.

Final-Countdown.gif

So, the link to the 25k thing, you see that giant mech, that's the Powered Ixer. The Ixa Generator is the belt. They're two completely separate items in Ixa's arsenal. The reason why we have it at "Class M, higher with Powered Ixer or Ixa Generator" is because both values would still give up Class M. I could edit it if you really want me too. Sorry if the wording is confusing, I honestly don't double check what I wrote whenever I edit pages.
I really don't see why it shouldn't increase the user's LS. The literal translation of the scan says it amps the armor as a whole.

You mean CRT it.

And because idk, people can get pissy about that, LS=/=AP/SS, personally I wish it was that simple, would help fill out the **** ton of "unknown" LS on some of the verses I work on if it was as simple as "power=LS" and thus allowing for scaling, but wiki be like that, being able tp punch harder doesn't inherently mean you lift more.

Also, looking at the scan, it says "several to several dozen times", there's a low end here, what's that about, we're looking at anywhere from like 3/4 (which is not helping) to 36 times, or any number inbetween, not just a flat 30, figure that out first.

Secondly, if either of those function via electromagnetism (the powered ixar does), they become moot, Snake can shut them down briefly or flat out control them like a puppet.

because both values would still give up Class M

He's Class M with the 10k ton feat anyway, we're discussing how deep into it he is though.

But yeah for starters, figure the above qualms first, and figure out which of his tech uses electricity, if any do then yeah there might be a issue for him.

The “Several Dozens of time” is actually a mistranslation, the scan actually translates to “Several tens of times”. and I was told that it’s best to go for the lowest ends for these types of multipliers, so we usually go for 30x

Also, Ixa doesn’t have his Powered Ixer, so I don’t think his puppet thing would work here.

how does sorrow doll work?
Sends out a semi-homing ghost that enters the target and then snake can just like, body control them via electromagnetic charges. Assuming they have or run on electricity.

The “Several Dozens of time” is actually a mistranslation, the scan actually translates to “Several tens of times”. and I was told that it’s best to go for the lowest ends for these types of multipliers, so we usually go for 30x

Also, Ixa doesn’t have his Powered Ixer, so I don’t think his puppet thing would work here.

Why does the profile link to mistranslations then?

In general, if he has anything else that runs on electricity, that becomes detrimental to him. Hence why, we need to know what he has that uses it, if anything does, than it becomes far less useful and viable.

Oh shit, my bad, your actually just supposed to see this. Here’s what we got after actually having someone else translate it.
So i checked the original japanese describtion of Blue Demon Stone. It didnt used "several dozens time", it used "several tens time" (数十倍).

キバの鎧を纏うものが持つ「魔皇力(まおうりょく)」を数倍から数十倍に増幅する効果がある。

"it has the effect to amplifies the demonic energy that Kiva armor has from several times to several tens times."

I guess it’s safe to say that Ixa runs off of electricity since we don’t know what he actually runs on. This may honestly be a stomp with how Snake could simply analyze the suit and place one EMP and gg

As for the issue for Ixa arsenals being runs on electricity, outside from Powered Ixer his belt (the source) is really unknown, the only thing i can give is when he transform there is some of symbol projection came from Ixa Belt, that likely the supernatural
In Kiva Movie, it shown that the helmet is removable, so half tech-supernatural maybe?

His EMP's aren't actually that good, they work and have huge ass **** AOE (like a instant 80m radius at least), but they don't last forever which is the downside to it (like 30 seconds off MGS2, though he has a handful of them on hand so he can do EMP a handful of times before he runs out). The larger issue is what Snake can do in that timeframe, 30 seconds of being able to do whatever the **** you want is quite a bit, he could unload his whole arsenal onto his foe, and, especially bad, if he follows up with The Doll, which would let him, ironically, ragdoll his foe (Assuming it does indeed run on electricity and magnetic charges).

Okay, so Ixa has electromagnetic wave that disables electronical devices. How might this effect Snake?

Would only effect his soliton radar pretty sure, (a radar that detects electromagnetic waves put off by biological functions, allowing Snake to see where any living organism is in the vicinity and even where they're looking and the like) which he can and has actively dealt with disabling all the time, he even does so himself a handful of times when using his emps (It shuts down the radar while the EMP is up).

Last edited:
you know, a friend of mine, some time ago, asked me this:

do you want the simple answer? or The Kojima answer?

ANYWAY I think that stealth here would net Snake the win- Even if Ixa could see him and I don't think he can, he's made his way through small armies' worth of people in a single operation and used his stealth in 1v1 fights such as Vulcan Raven, Laughing Octopus (kinda) and Crying Wolf. The setting is good enough for stealth and basically the second Ixa loses track of Snake in any way I don't think he can ever find him again beyond sheer luck.

Ixa won't be able to disable any of Snake's vital stuff. I mean, the hall of microwaves scene pretty much proves that Ixa would need something of that kind of magnitude to pull it off, I'm much more confident that Snake's EMPs can **** with Nago

I disagree with Chariot's statements that the stuff for Ixa is "too vague", but at the same time, I can't see many options for him once EMPs come into play. Nago is more skilled than Snake based on the Fangires he could fight, but he can't fully utilize that is his own suit that even allows him to fight is gonna be taken down

Snake has a solid chance here and no that's not a pun I swear that was totally coincidental

@Chariot190

Am I getting anything wrong about Snake's EMPs here? Asking since you're more knowledgeable about MG than I am

One other thing that a buddy of mine brought up: Ixa isn't offering anything up in the battle that Snake hasn't seen before. Given the kind of opponents and tech he's seen and dealt with (Solidus Snake's Suit, The Beauty and the Beast Corps), Ixa's only unique aspect he's bringing to the fight is having fought people with thousands of years of combat experience as well as soul destruction, but it's not like Snake isn't well equipped.

I'm voting for Snake

What about Broken Fang? Its basically a high AOE lightning strike that can cause electrical surges that can destroy snake's gear or electrocute him.

I feel like electrical surges won't do much if the microwave hall didn't do anything to Snake's gear. It could electrocute him, but I can't imagine it putting the guy out of commission.

But it's accompanied by the damage that Broken Fang does and the Electricity Manip, the electrical surges is just a side effect. Broken Fang scales up from Ixa's AP cause its a finisher and is outputs 500 million volts.

I don't deny that it could be useful in combat, but I can't see it as a huge wincon for Ixa. It's not as if Metal Gears haven't had attacks of a similar nature/threat level

Back