• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Brackets Semifinals Part 1

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
First come, first serve!

Attack: Rin, see above.

Durability: See Attack.

Lifting Strength: Rin, K is better than Skull Knights 5.

Stamina: Skull Knight, has stamina so high, it is possibly even limitless, which is better than that of Rins.

Range: Skull Knight, Goes up to Dozens of Kilometers, much better than Rins hundreds of meters range.

Intelligence: Presumed equal, as both are very well skilled in their respective ways.

Experience: Skull Knight, Rin being 26 years old cant really compare to Skull Knight, whos lives several hundreds of years old. After all, Rin relies too much on stealth more than fighting.

Abilities: I gotta say Skull Knight, but its very close. Skull Knight has one thing that would be the key to his victory: the Sword of Resonance, which cuts space (Space Manipulation), and that would mean that Skull Knight would have to be pretty far away out of Rins range so he can slowly chip her to death. True, Rins got good stealth, and pretty versatile abilities, especially being able to minimize her damage taken via her Shinobi Barriers, but it goes without saying: she cant hide forever, as Skull Knight will find her and finish her off.

Conclusion: Rin, despite being a tough nut to crack due to her better attack, durability, and lifting strength, pretty much gets outranged by the knight, not to mention, she can tire out unlike Skull Knight, so this could go on for days until she is tired, giving Skull Knight the opportunity to kill her. Plus, with more experience, thats simply much better, a key reason of Skull Knights victory. The winner is Skull Knight, 4-3.

Quality over quantity my friend. Quality over quantity.

Skull Knight - 4 (Psychomaster35, AnonymousBlank, Starter Pack, Iapitus The Impaler))

Rin - 0

@Starter: Thanks. Its what I do best.

Skull Knight FRA (6)

@Crimson

Well it is not in character for him to use it, so it will be a last resort, but other than that, nothing really.

I told you. Quick and easy. Simple, yet reliable method. Grace, and onto the next round!

Ahem.

"If there was one thing Rin didnt "Ninja"yed (enjoyed), that would be her having a knight knight forever."

Psychomaster35 said:
"If there was one thing Rin didnt "Ninja"yed (enjoyed), that would be her having a knight knight forever."
Ahem #2

I guess it was time to say good knight, Rin just couldn't get that through her Skull.

Its all for the show, lol. The grace is on anyways.

Lets go wait for the next round. Maybe it will be as quick as this round?

Psychomaster35 said:
Lets go wait for the next round. Maybe it will be as quick as this round?
It may be, but i don't really think it will. Hunter has a pretty big arsenal, gonna take some time to go through them all.

@Arrogant Chill out. Seriously.

@Everyone Dargoo's brackets are a place for fairness. Haven't we always been trying to at least let either side say their piece? Let's hear an argument for the underdog for a second. Makes it that much more interesting.

So if you aren't going to make any attempt at a debate why complain about people not giving you the opportunity to debate

Alright then moving on good match everybody.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Once again on a thread with my own ******* character I don't even get to say a damn thing.
No that's fine everyone. Thanks
Don't wanna sound harsh, but the debate was there, and people were just here to debate on it. It really isn't our fault if you weren't here for it.

Though, like Bambu said, I'd love to hear a retort if you have one. If not, then that's fair.

I apologize for my outburst earlier.

Not to try and make excuses but this probably wasn't the best thing for me to look at when first waking up.

So yeah this is a thing

I think the AP and durability gap can be mitigated mostly by the fact that Skull Knight has well, a sword, and Rin isn't exactly wearing hard armor. That and he's only like half her strength at worst and the thing he scales to is damaging something undamaged by 45 tons in a roundabout way. Don't think the gap is so extreme that he can't just cut her. Meanwhile, he doesn't have any blood so that's not an issue for him.

Skull Knight's massive range is just because of the one time he made a cut that was that long, but he can sorta teleport with the sword. A sword is still a fantastic ranged option against a character who doesn't seem to have a melee weapon of her own and only has hundreds of meters with certain things.

As for Skull Knight and skill:

He doesn't need his weird portal cut thing to win every fight, it's more just insurance against odds that can overwhelm even him.

I'll vote the guy I submitted. Also, isn't the entire point of the mandatory grace that everyone gets at least a day to get in?

Mr. Bambu said:
Quality over quantity my friend. Quality over quantity.
Psychomaster35 said:
I told you. Quick and easy. Simple, yet reliable method. Grace, and onto the next round!
Except it's incorrect and fallacious, Psycho. Any fight with a large AP advantage shows this right out the door. You can't quantify things that aren't to be quantified. Fights are not hockey games, where each category is a score for one team. That's not how it works.

Regardless, it seems like overkill to vote SK at this point, so I'll give Schmuck a chance to say something.

I guess the only question I have is, this gash in space-time the sword makes, is it linear or more AoE?

The only issue I have with Wok's post is Rin does, in fact, have melee weapons of her own. That's what Fuma shuriken are.

Don't know how much it matters but I suppose I'll bring up how every SK character's first, for lack of a better word, move is to throw a Shinobi Barrier up. This moves the location of the fight to somewhere they're familiar with, so at the very least Rin will have the homefield advantage.

Final thing I'll add is clips of her Ninja Arts:

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Also this, this, and this might be useful to view

Edit: And this too.
From this post.

Edit: Again, I don't dare say any of this is game changing, but it can't hurt to bring up.

I guess the only question I have is, this gash in space-time the sword makes, is it linear or more AoE?

Can do either.
Skull Knight void
This is the AoE.
Basically this entire issue is the not AoE. The explosion happens for a context specific reason.

The only issue I have with Wok's post is Rin does, in fact, have melee weapons of her own. That's what Fuma shuriken are.

Are those the swastika looking things? If so, while she might have them Skull Knight can't really bleed and has hard armor, while she's still fleshy and a sword is longer than those anyways. Also Skull Knight's on a horse, so it may be tricky to get to him immediately with that.

I don't really see the ninja arts as a thing to totally sway the match either. Skull Knight can use the center of the room as cover, spawn a rift, use his sword to teleport (which he doesn't really need to use the full power of it for, as shown by him breaking into both the Eclipse and teleporting right being Femto while retaining the belhits on his blade) or just dodging it, since it seems to have a pretty long wind up. With that wind up he might be able to peg her with a bone shard, even. Snapped chunk of his armor off and threw it to impale some ogre once. His own sword stuff can similarly cover a deceptively long range even without weird astral cutting stuff, and he should be able to avoid hers the regular way too, shown not only by his skill feats but also some stuff on panel like these:

Griffithattack
SkullKnightcut
SkullKnightcut2
SkullKnightcut4

Back