• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Brackets Finale (About Damn Time Edition)

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Pretty much my thoughts on this entire bracket
Crazy dnd sword
It's time.
Current Standings

Hub

The contenders for this round are the Null-la-palooza, submitted by Mr. Bambu, and Hax-mgee, submitted by Wokistan.

Low Rank Hunter is used. Speed is equalized, battle takes place at Final Destinatio, assume there are dozens of identical platforms flying around it to accommodate for ranged attacks.

The Hunter is far greater than 20.4 Tons, Skull Knight is 45 Tons.

This song is playing.
The Hunter (Monster Hunter) -

Skull Knight -

Incon -

Hunter vs. Skull Knight

In all honesty I didn't really pay attention to any of the hunter matches so I don't really know where to start

It isn't "very ooc" though he just doesn't start with it when not trying to assassinate griffith

Meh you know what I meant. Anyway hunter is pretty much bloodlusted apparently so bambu will just figure out a winning strategy. So hunter frb.

Given that Hunter in my understanding has resistance to spatial stuff the space slash thing would probably not even be all that lethal.

So I'm with the wall of text for now.

Spatial resistance sounds a little ambiguos to me, aside, don't think than that would prevent someone for using spatial manipulation to bend the distance between a sword and its target.

Ugh, the finale...

CJ: Aw shit, here we go again! Anyways...

Attack: Skull Knight, see above.

Durability: See Attack.

Lifting Strength: Hunter. 100 > SKs 5.

Stamina: Skull Knight. Potential limitless stamina > Hunters very high stamina.

Range: Probably Hunter with his Scoutflies. They can carry him to Skull Knight up to hundreds of kilometers, but problem is, the moment he gets close, Skull Knight uses the Sword of Actuation to cut space. Without Scoutflies, then Skull Knight has the advantage, because Hunters Hundreds of meters isnt enough to cover Skull Knights Dozens of kilometers.

Intelligence: Supposedly Hunter, Skull Knight is a skilled combatant who has great understanding while Hunter is able to outsmart Elder Dragons, who are much smarter than humans.

Experience: Skull Knight. Being hundreds of years old, he is WAY more experienced compared to a low ranked Hunter, who I assume is the average adult human age.

Abilities: Haxwise, potentially Hunter due to haxful statuses and his famous nullification. Physically, potentially Skull Knight due to intensive range.

Conclusion: Though this is a hax battle, only one can step out alive. That is Skull Knight, thanks to incredible range. The Scoutflies would probably only be used to carry Hunter closer, but if he gets too close, Skull Knight uses range hax to advantage and slashes Hunters head off. Despite Hunters best status haxes, problem is, he cant even land them at all! Thus the winner is Skull Knight.

He doesn't seem to have resistance to a cut that can slash through multiple planes of reality though. There's also how it isn't always just a cut, and that Skull Knight can make a portal to the Abyss with it that sucks dudes in

Skull Knight void
Now, as per the page for the Idea of Evil we accept the abyss as Void Manipulation, which is also corroborated by chapter 204 of the manga. As such, Hunter still dies to that.

Antoniofer said:
Spatial resistance sounds a little ambiguos to me, aside, don't think than that would prevent someone for using spatial manipulation to bend the distance between a sword and its target.
I think they're saying him cutting through space like he did with Ganishka wouldn't be a slice of absolutely no resistance, and it was more Void who used stuff like that for redirection anyways (Though skull knight has used it to basically teleport)

The issue is, he has the AP advantage and has a sword. I don't really see how he even needs that to just cut.

That reasoning by me is more reasonable, though. Not by quantity, but explaining, in detail, the advantages and disadvantages.

It is somewhat funny how the no-hax brackets end in a hax fight.

Something something EE

Neh, dimensional slice is pretty mundane tho, considering that a direct hit from a bladed weapon from someone from the same tier could archive the same results.

Although, the void slicing thingy seems dangerous. I also guess that SK isn't affected by drugs and poison due being an... astral being? undead?

I dunno much about SK either but I mean. Can he be drugged? Is there anything preventing that?

He's just a skeleton an explicitly has no blood

Welp, with neither circulatory, diggestive nor neural system no drug would be able to affect him.

Well made choice, my friend. Well made choice.

Space Manipulation Abuser:2 (Psychomaster35, Anttron224)

Status/Null Spammer:0

This match seems very anticlimactic.

ThePixelKirby said:
This match seems very anticlimactic.
I don't think there has been a single bracket so far where the final round was the most contested round of the bracket.

Hax. Shouldnt they get disqualified? Its supposed to be a "haxless tournament", not a "haxless plus 2 hax tournament".

I mean, a haxless character can just defeat Skull Knight by disarming him, considering he doesn't kick off with his hax.

Wokistan said:
He's just a skeleton an explicitly has no blood
I figured as much. This renders Hunters actual quick win effectively moot. I do wonder if Shiro couldn't form an argument out of Vaal Hazak but I ain't the one to look for.

Hunter still has stealth and automatic dodging if it comes down to it, which could negate apatial hax, but I'm sorta on a phone so I can't type a full thing. I would note that dragon element would be tearing SK a new hole due to intelligence.

Anyhoo. Gtg for now, guess it can't be helped if votes come in.

Idk how well stealth works on final destination, given that it's just a flat space and all. Skull Knight can see invisibiles anyways and already has his skill feats.

The portal sucked those trolls in, so if he does that dodging doesn't seem too likely. Skull Knight is also capable of just attacking in a way that dodging one strike just leads into another, considering he's better than guts. Dragon element will hurt yeah, but he has a shield and is very nimble with or without his horse, and having a bladed weapon alongside an AP advantage also means his regular strikes are dangerous too.

I'll vote skull knight fot my reseons

Back