• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B Gunner Weapon Masters (Quote vs. Inkling)

I've been meaning to do this for a while now.

Both low 7-B, full arsenal (apart from Inkling's 7-B special weapons), speed equal, takes place in a cave, starting range a dozen meters.

Round 1: Inkling's spawn point is nearby, so Quote needs to destroy it to make Inkling stay dead. Keep in mind the Octo Samurai fight implies that a spawn point can potentially be destroyed at the hands of a low 7-B.

Humanoid robot with guns and missiles: 2 (Starter Pack, Luigi The Thunder Master)

Humanoid squid with guns and missiles: 0

Incon: 0

Quote transparent 2
Inkling

How long does it take an Inkling to respawn, and how hard would it be for Quote (or a general Low 7-B) to destroy their spawn point.

Inkling has Low-Godly Regen from being able to reform from just their soul. That's fine and dandy.

Quote has both Soul Manipulation via his Blade and Non-Physical Interaction via literally killing ghosts.

So...can't Quote just shoot the Inkling's soul once he splats it and take it out for good? I mean, when they get killed in-game, you see their souls leave their bodies and go upward.

Oooooh hats you meant lol, inkling's have Low high regen without needing to respawn, hed have to damage them quite a bit to be able to force them into low.godly

Quote has plenty of heat to pack against the Inkling. Between the Missiles, Blade, Bubbline and Machine Gun, he has plenty of firepower to keep the squid kid on their toes. Plus, unlike the Inkling, most of Quote's arsenal has unlimited ammo, whereas the Inkling has to recharge itself in its own ink. Also, Quote has a clear aerial advantage with the Booster 2.0, and if he's low on health, he can always use his Life Pot in order to restore his health completely.

Also, on the matter of the respawn point, Quote is familiar with characters that can resurrect themselves (The Doctor), and is aware that you have to destroy the source in order to stop them for good. He'll kill the Inkling, maybe even twice or three times, realize it's coming back from somewhere, and will set out to look for the respawn point and destroy it.

I'd appreciate it if people let arguments for both sides be presented before fraing

I will respond fully to this in a bit when i get home

Oh, didn't consider the fact that Quote could harm ghost enemies. Also it wasn't very relevant to bring up the Blade, it's only considered soul manipulation because it has King's soul locked away, and when it's level 3, he's able to launch King's soul out, creating omnidirectional slashes. This weapon doesn't mean he's able to absorb and manipulate the souls of other people, however. But he is still able to harm intangible enemies such as ghosts with all of his weapons, and I didn't take that into consideration, so he could just shoot the Inkling's soul.

Also when in canon has an Inkling been shown to respawn from their soul WITHOUT a spawn point?

What I was originally planing on when I made this:

If Inkling wins, round 2 will be without a respawn point for Inkling.

If Quote wins, round 2 will give the Inkling access to 7-B weapons.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Gyro It takes seconds, but they don't need a response point to regenerate
It's about 10 seconds if I remember correctly. It definitely takes longer than this to destroy the spawn point in the Octo Samurai fight, but I don't know which character has the AP edge.

Mango3st said:
I'm guessing... Inkling. They have Regenerationn (Low-Godly) and they even have cool abilities.
Same reason. Only except, Forcefield is completely hard (Via Baller, Bubbler, and Ink Armor), They have good Enhanced Senses (Can accurately target prey unassisted from 100 meters away), and good Extrasensory Perception (Via Bomb Sniffer, Haunt, Thermal Ink, Ink Mine, Point Sensor, Echolocator, and Sting Ray). Also... they're kraken forms are good..

Mango3st said:
I'm guessing... Inkling. They have Regenerationn (Low-Godly) and they even have cool abilities.
What happened to me saying that this gets negged by NPI, since their soul appears whenever they get splatted?

Angel88441 said:
Same reason. Only except, Forcefield is completely hard (Via Baller, Bubbler, and Ink Armor), They have good Enhanced Senses (Can accurately target prey unassisted from 100 meters away), and good Extrasensory Perception (Via Bomb Sniffer, Haunt, Thermal Ink, Ink Mine, Point Sensor, Echolocator, and Sting Ray). Also... they're kraken forms are good..
Snake completely bypasses barriers, Quote has similar degrees of perception, and being able to sense Quote's gunfire is fine, but plenty of his abilities are borderline Danmaku, especially with stuff like Bubbline and Missiles. And from the sound of it, Quote should be able to keep out of the reach of Kraken with his Booster 2.0. He's completely used to dodging attacks from enemies much larger than himself, after all.
However, I do admit that many of the Inkling's different approaches with Extrasensory Perception will be a hindrance to Quote, since he has no effective counter to this. Plus, Inkling is excellent at switching between concentrated fire to AoE fire, particularly with its Supers, whereas Quote is mostly restricted to the former. So, I suppose this isn't as cut and dry as I first figured.

Starter Pack said:
Mango3st said:
What happened to me saying that this gets negged by NPI, since their soul appears whenever they get splatted?

Angel88441 said:
Snake completely bypasses barriers, Quote has similar degrees of perception, and being able to sense Quote's gunfire is fine, but plenty of his abilities are borderline Danmaku, especially with stuff like Bubbline and Missiles. And from the sound of it, Quote should be able to keep out of the reach of Kraken with his Booster 2.0. He's completely used to dodging attacks from enemies much larger than himself, after all.
However, I do admit that many of the Inkling's different approaches with Extrasensory Perception will be a hindrance to Quote, since he has no effective counter to this. Plus, Inkling is excellent at switching between concentrated fire to AoE fire, particularly with its Supers, whereas Quote is mostly restricted to the former. So, I suppose this isn't as cut and dry as I first figured.
Uh-huh. But can he negate Regenerationn (Low-Godly)? These inklings can recover their physical bodys with their souls.

Mango3st said:
Starter Pack said:
Mango3st said:

Angel88441 said:
Uh-huh. But can he negate Regenerationn (Low-Godly)? These inklings can recover their physical bodys with their soul

Listentomyrhytm said:
Mango3st said:
Starter Pack said:
Mango3st said:

Angel88441 said:
Uh-huh. But can he negate Regenerationn (Low-Godly)? These inklings can recover their physical bodys with their soul
Look at Inkling's profile.

And Quote has NPI, Non-Physical Interaction, which allows him to directly harm ghosts and souls(not the ones inside someone's body) which would let him kill the inkling when they try to regenerate.

FFS people I said NO 7-B special weapons such as Kraken or Killer Wail, Inkling can only use their regular low 7-B weapons. I'm not counting Angel's and Mango's votes for now because of this.

That's what happens when I don't keep up with anything about Splatoon.

My bad!

Back