• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Brackets Round 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Pretty badass rendition of siegfried and fafnir from the new 348601861447613f0f2fc29b67182e31
Ninth round of the 7-A brackets begins! The winner of the last round depends on whether we consider ship girl to be too haxxed, which is probably the case.

Current Standings

The contenders for this round are Lucario, nominated by The real cal howard, and Hardcore Leveling Warrior, nominated by Overlord and Monarch Laciel.

Base Lucario and Dark's Birthday HLW are used. Speed is equalized, battle takes place in the filming studio for Lazy Town, each 20 meters apart.

Lucario - 5 (Monarch, Zell, Ricsi, Cal, Phoenix)

Hardcore Leveling Warrior -

Incon -

Lucario-0
11 EC8DB8EB84A4EC9DBC mobile

Anyone mind if I tabberize HCLW's P&A? He has 7 keys.

So anyway, Lucario abuses his AP advantage and his ability to boost all of his stats continuously and repeatedly and to land a guaranteed critical hit to just...beat him to death. Couple that with outranging and homing balls of doom as a main method of attack, alongside precog, mind reading, movement prediction, and instinctive reaction and illusions to keep from being hit.

Rank 1 key puts his previous one to shame as he is canonically less than 10% his original strength currently.

How far into Mountain level is 531 megatons? Because rewound to rank 3 is way above his normal state which can casually cut mountains in half. He's been completely unfazed by a being directly hit by a wave of ice that froze over a large mountain range. His lucky coin can boost him to the point that he can blitz people who were keeping up with him a moment prior, his master's instinct and hero's body can boost his perception speed and normal speed even more, ngutmarization can further boost his power along with essentially halfing lucario's own durability. Lucky man means that HCLW gets a free dodge and counter attack. Also Lucky Coin can boost HCLw's accuracy to the point that reality says he literally cannot miss his next attack. He can also copy Lucario's abilities and use them back at him with Lucky Three.

Also why aren't we using his Rank 1 7-A key?

Bit more than halfway through. 7-A caps at a gigaton.

531 megatons is slightly below the + range by 19 megatons. However, Lucario scales so stupidly above that (Lucario scales to Tyranitar. Pupitar, the one with the feat, is literally the mere pupal stage of Tyranitar). Furthermore, 330 megatons does literally nothing to Lucario. Not even chip damage. It legitimately doesn't hurt. Lucario still has Agility and Extremespeed, so speed boosting doesn't help, especially since Lucario can boost his speed more than once. Halving Lucario's durability doesn't matter as Iron Defense is a thing, which doubles it. Lucky Coin isn't really a boon when Lucario's main attack, Aura Sphere, has perfect accuracy (see my "homing balls of doom" comment above). HCLW is similar due to Lucario's detect. Lucario has two attacks that are power mimicry, one that boosts them back at the opponent with 1.5 the power (which in itself is already boosted via being used by the stronger Lucario) and Lucario steals the move before HWC uses it. Furthermore, if Lucario gets low enough health to get defeated, Endure keeps that from happening, leaving Lucario with a smidgen if health left, while a subsequent Reversal essentially turns all that health lost into pure AP. Also, forcefields and healing and fear manipulation.

If we use Rank 1 HWC, then we should use Mega Lucario.

For the timebeing and judging by Cal's replies, Lucario has all his bases covered despite his opponent's own versatility. So count my vote for Lucario (of course I'm subject to change later down the road if the reasoning is contested/refuted).

So the winner of this match fights Gaspard... "Looks at Lucario's AP and Hopes Gaspard's ridiculous scaling chain is enough".

If Rank 1 is his best 7-A key I don't see way it can't be used unless he becomes Haxed beyond belief.

I've seen stuff like Time Slow, ignoring 100% of someone's defenses and Pretty OP invulnerability in his higher keys though.

Time slow is localised and literally just a generic speed debuff spell. 100% of defences I think you're talking about Nightmarization which he can already do here and only 50% of. Invulnerability can be bypassed by removing his armour.

@Monarch That's odd. The profile states:

"Invulnerability Bypassing (Was able to kill the Hercules-Attribute Ranker with his sword despite the ranker taking 100% reduced damage from all physical weapons), "

Which indicates he outright nopes the defenses (and this ability is one key after the one being used here.

Invulnerability can be bypassed by removing his armor sure but why would Lucario suddenly know he has to stop and start taking pieces out of the armor from the guy who is now no-selling his every blow and, as a result, can freely fight back unimpeded? Moreover, there's also no reason the Warrior would conveniently stand still and let a character now unable to harm him take parts of his armor off. That's why I said it sounds OP.

Oh the invulnerability bypassing.

It's weird, but I'm pretty sure it's not "ignore 100% of defences", or else everyone who takes a hit from HCLW without dying has resistance to defnese ignoring, which is a stretch.

It's just that for whatever reason, HCLW was able to deal damage with a physical weapon to a guy whose special ability was immunity to damage from physical weapons.

The invulnerability doesn't extend to anything other than his health not going down, so paralysing or holding him down or something would work.

Invulnerability works up to what it's demonstrated, so if we let Lucario be mega as well to compensate I don't think it would make the fight totally unviable.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I vote HLW due to the fact that if my nomination had to lose his fight, then so should Cal's.
Solid reasoning, I agree with this.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I vote HLW due to the fact that if my nomination had to lose his fight, then so should Cal's.
I agree with this sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back