• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

6-C Tournament: "Journey Through The Ride of Mystery and Supernatural Power" Round 3 - Match 3: Mereoleona Vermillion vs ALTTP Link

ALTERNATE TITLE: THE HERO TRIED TO TAME A FIERCING LIONESS

Now come to a different characters, different scenarios, and different stories
The legendary Hyrule Warrior were now tried his best to tame down the lioness of Vermillion family, with her blazing spirit and her fiercing fight-style
Can he do it? Or would the Lioness claiming the true victory this time!? Let's find out in this fight!

• Pre-Timeskip Mereoleona and ALTTP Link are used
  • Speed are equalized
  • Both are in-characters
  • Place located in: Kirkjufell Mountain
  • 710px-Aurora_Borealis_activity_on_top_of_the_Kirkjufell_mountain_in_September_2018.jpg
  • Starting Range: 10 Meters
  • Win via anything!!
  • Link to the Past: 0
  • Lioness of Vermillion: 0
  • Inconclusive: 0

IMAGES WOULD BE ADDED LATER

Ap difference is minimal so I won´t bother to state it and Mereoleona can close the minimal gap with her strongest attacks (and even KO people that were comparable to her)

Link can parry with the Master Sword and negate her magic, Mereoleona can hit every proyectile Link throws at her like she did with Raia

If Link use Quake, Mereoleona would starts flying with Mana Zone to dodge it

For now, I don´t know how this would go, Mereoleona would starts spamming punches that are fire proyectiles non stop at the beginning of the match

all I’ll say for now is Mereleona is less likely to dodge due to her over confidence
Link is equal to her, she did not understimated Vetto in any single way

Raia in the first fight was fodder to her and she went for the kill the moment Raia wanted to blow up himself

Link is equal to her, she did not understimated Vetto in any single way

Raia in the first fight was fodder to her and she went for the kill the moment Raia wanted to blow up himself
Overconfidence here doesn’t necessarily mean she underestimates her opponent. She kinda overestimates her abilities. Though she’s successful at it most of the time.

Alright so Link is definitely has an AP advantage and just like the last match he also a really high reaction speed which should allow him to land hits faster than his opponents when he gets in striking range. Also this should counter danmaku punches from Mereleona. Can also have a 100% succession rate when parrying with his Master Sword as well.

i don’t know if Hellfire incarnate is allowed in this tournament but Link defeats Mereleona before she can close the AP gap between him and her. I don’t know if rage power is on Mereleona’s page but that could cover the gap, Link is still too fast for her

Miscellaneous: can turn invisible up to the level that ghosts, who can see themselves, can’t see him.

I don’t see a way out for Mereleona. Link wins.

I vote link.

Alright so Link is definitely has an AP advantage and just like the last match he also a really high reaction speed which should allow him to land hits faster than his opponents
His reaction speed is tied with his combat speed, speed is equalized to his combat speed, so he does not have any reaction advantage and the AP Advantage is literally a 6 teratons difference, that is not even a 1.5 times advantage or anything (edit: Link has a 1,11 AP advantage), they are close and you are ignoring how Mereoleona has abilities that are higher than her normal AP

Miscellaneous: can turn invisible up to the level that ghosts, who can see themselves, can’t see him.
Mereoleona nukes the battlefield and Link can´t use that forever, he has a limited pool of magic

His reaction speed is tied with his combat speed, speed is equalized to his combat speed, so he does not have any reaction advantage.

Nah. Weren’t you in the last match? Or you didn’t really care.

• The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.

Combat speed is equalized, reaction speed isn’t. Links may or may not land more hits but at least he is capable of reacting to her danmaku.

Advantage is literally a 6 teratons difference, that is not even a 1.5 times advantage or anything, they are close and you are ignoring how Mereoleona has abilities that are higher than her normal AP
How do you know it’s enough to cover the AP gap?

Mereoleona nukes the battlefield and Link can´t use that forever, he has a limited pool of magic
Nuking the battlefield won’t do anything, Link is intangible. And No her NPI only works against Elemental intangiblity. Links intan is a layer above ghosts.

Link will easily react faster than her, however, he may not land attacks at the speed he reacts to incoming attacks.

Link takes this with 2/3 wincons. His invisibility will last long enough to defeat her, he is able to react to her attacks easily and counter attack at equalized speeds. Link can also paralyze her with the boomerang to finish her off.

Nah. Weren’t you in the last match? Or you didn’t really care.
Combat speed is equalized, reaction speed isn’t. Links may or may not land more hits but at least he is capable of reacting to her danmaku.

At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Should be superior to beings like Onox, who can move with his lightning), with Relativistic reaction/combat speed (Can react to Beamos lasers)

Read his page first, ty
How do you know it’s enough to cover the AP gap?
One shotting Vetto who was comparable to her and the AP gap is minuscule

At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Should be superior to beings like Onox, who can move with his lightning), with Relativistic reaction/combat speed (Can react to Beamos lasers)
1. “Can react to Beamos”

2. Reaction ≠ Combat speed

read the rules, ty :3

One shotting Vetto who was comparable to her and the AP gap is minuscule

This is a damage boost feat. Which isn’t on her profile. It was stated that she has been charging up the one shot move. I hate to be that guy who says you shouldn’t use this so you can use it.

it won’t work here because of Link’s reaction speed, paralysis inducement and intangibility.

And you don’t understand that I acknowledged this but the rules states that the combat speed part is equalized while the reaction is not.

This isn’t the first time this discussion has been had.
MEREOLEONA WOULD BE EQUALIZED TO LINK´S COMBAT SPEED THAT IS THE SAME AS HIS REACTIONS

MEREOLEONA WOULD BE EQUALIZED TO LINK´S COMBAT SPEED THAT IS THE SAME AS HIS REACTIONS
COMBAT SPEED AND REACTION SPEEDS ARE NOT THE SAME THING, THATS JUST HOW THE PAGE IS FORMATTED. ITS LIKE SAYING LINKS INTAN AND INVISIBILITY ARE THE SAME TERMS BECAUSE OF THIS SYMBOL “/”. NO THEY ARE NOT.

RULES ARE RULES. COMBAT IS EQUALIZED, LINKS FIGHTING BACK SPEED IS EQUALIZED, LINK’S DODGING/ACTIVATION AND OTHER ACTIONS THAT INVOLVE REACTION SPEED IS NOT EQUALIZED!!!

Respond to the other wincons, you’re acting like this is his only wincon.
I can´t when you disregard everything for your own sake and say that a 1.1 ap advantage is a massive deal, that Mereoleona can´t even charge a punch to get an AP boost when is clearly stated in her page, etc

And stunning with a boomerang that can be punched, good joke, read their pages and come when you have learned to read, this is embarrasing

I can´t when you disregard everything for your own sake and say that a 1.1 ap advantage is a massive deal, that Mereoleona can´t even charge a punch to get an AP boost when is clearly stated in her page, etc

And stunning with a boomerang that can be punched, good joke, read their pages and come when you have learned to read, this is embarrasing
Show me where I disregarded it?

I literally said you can say that the AP boost CAN be used wether or not it’s on his page. What the hell are you talking about?💀

the only thing I disregarded is the speed thing. Everyone already agreed in the previous thread that reaction speed isn’t equalized after Nierre brought the same rules I have showed you.

I will adress this as good as I can

Mereoleona is faster, by rules, the faster character is equalized in speed to his opponent combat speed, Link in this case has 3 types of speed, general speed that is his slower one, combat speed and reaction speed

His combat and reaction speed from what the page says, is equal, there is no difference, other characters just say that reactions are faster, Link says is his combat and reaction speed, Mereoleona would have all her speed dropped to match Link combat speed and because Link has equal reactions to his combat speed, Link does not have a reaction advantage

Nuking the battlefield won’t do anything, Link is intangible. And No her NPI only works against Elemental intangiblity. Links intan is a layer above ghosts.
True and Link also can become invulnerable, but both options cost a lot of Mana and (probably gameplay?) he can´t use items like boomerang or anything if he is invulnerable/ invisible, at the very least, his proyectiles can´t be invisible because he is using a cape , if the proyectiles leaves the cape, then is not affected by it

Mirror shield from Zelda wiki: known for its ability to stop beams, such as those fired by Laser Eyes, and attacks from enemies such as Lynels, and it can even reflect Wizzrobe projectiles

Mereoleona fire can be reflected but the problem is that Mereoleona burns magic, the shield is magical and has 0 resistance to power nullification, this point needs knowledge from someone who knows about Zelda (And I know that Link has resistance to PN, but that is himself, his shield can be stolen for example)

Big question, does Mereoleona has Class G pre-time skip? Because there is no indication of difference in her page(Edit : and Characters like Luffy has keys for their LS even when there is 0 changes, so Mereoleona having class G with reinforcement Magic can perfectly mean that even pre-time skip could have Class G LS), this is important because if she is superior, she just disarms Link

And after closer inspection to Link profile, he has red (and blue, but is not noted) mails, the blue mail make him recieve 50% damage, the red is another 50% on top of the 50%, his profile does not note this in his durability section however

Also, Mereoleona can resist quake power nullification, which consist in transforming you into a slime, if he resist one part, what happens with the other one? She would be a slime but she still would have her powers?

Last edited:
His combat and reaction speed from what the page says, is equal, there is no difference, other characters just say that reactions are faster, Link says is his combat and reaction speed, Mereoleona would have all her speed dropped to match Link combat speed and because Link has equal reactions to his combat speed, Link does not have a reaction advantage
Already agreed with you.

True and Link also can become invulnerable, but both options cost a lot of Mana and (probably gameplay?) he can´t use items like boomerang or anything if he is invulnerable/ invisible, at the very least, his proyectiles can´t be invisible because he is using a cape , if the proyectiles leaves the cape, then is not affected by it
I’m aware of the mana use as you’ve said before, however, this doesn’t make it any less of a wincon. I’m fine with the boomerang not being invisible as it was not in my claim, I even treated it as a seperate wincon.

Mirror shield from Zelda wiki: known for its ability to stop beams, such as those fired by Laser Eyes, and attacks from enemies such as Lynels, and it can even reflect Wizzrobe projectiles

Mereoleona fire can be reflected but the problem is that Mereoleona burns magic, the shield is magical and has 0 resistance to power nullification, this point needs knowledge from someone who knows about Zelda (And I know that Link has resistance to PN, but that is himself, his shield can be stolen for example)

I haven’t even mentioned the Shield yet. I was going to ask if the master sword reflects attacks. But since you already brought out the shield, has Mereleona burned a magic item before? If she could she would’ve burned grimours since they are magical too. She can’t steal from Link due to Link’s higher Lifting strength. The master sword I was going to mention instead has magic resistance.

Big question, does Mereoleona has Class G pre-time skip? Because there is no indication of difference in her page, this is important because if she is superior, she just disarms Link
Lowkey a good question but I believe it’s Post time skip Mereleona. Because Mereleona went back to training after realizing her magic was useless against Zagred. So she must’ve gotten stronger during that time. Wether or not she had the strength back then is unclear.

And after closer inspection to Link profile, he has red (and blue, but is not noted) mails, the blue mail make him recieve 50% damage, the red is another 50% on top of the 50%, his profile does not note this in his durability section however
Looks like you’re back cuz you could’ve kept the info away from me but chose not to :) thanks.
Time to have fun, ignore speed pls

Also, Mereoleona can resist quake power nullification, which consist in transforming you into a slime, if he resist one part, what happens with the other one? She would be a slime but she still would have her powers?
Going to look up how quake works, if it has something to do with weight.

And No Idea.
Let’s call Link Supporters?

Let’s call Link Supporters?
For now I will wait to other users, this is Link´s victory or inconclusive for now depending of the variables like LS, being able to burn magical objects and etc
ignore speed pls
I think I got heated for this comment:
Weren’t you in the last match? Or you didn’t really care.
And because sometimes I read things badly and I get extremely confused and I can´t know if the person is trolling or does not want to read until I revise everything like 5 times to clear my mind

For now I will wait to other users, this is Link´s victory or inconclusive for now depending of the variables like LS, being able to burn magical objects and etc
Well I think this is Link’s victory tbh. But I respect your opinion

And because sometimes I read things badly and I get extremely confused and I can´t know if the person is trolling or does not want to read until I revise everything like 5 times to clear my mind

Ohhhhh I didn’t mean anything by that comment, I was just pretty chill and was just confused why it was accepted in the past but not here. But after further inspection of what you’re saying and the rules I understood and agreed. My bad.

Trust me, after a few months here. there are some people who I would never pick a fight with because of how chill, funny and cool they are. You are one of them.

Ohhhhh I didn’t mean anything by that comment, I was just pretty chill and was just confused why it was accepted in the past but not here. But after further inspection of what you’re saying and the rules I understood and agreed. My bad.

Trust me, after a few months here. there are some people who I would never pick a fight with because of how chill, funny and cool they are. You are one of them.
Except that one time you're being malding in Mai vs Shock Rock match#Run

Forget my text. Took a while but they are points that have already been made so I was just repeating what has been said.

What are the win-cons?

So I'm not super good at Zelda lore and things like that, but I've played my fair share of Zelda games (All of them except minish-cap, oracle of ages and Warriors ones), since it's been too long since I've played ATTP I'm not gonna claim to have much knowledge in it, so I'll be using the information you guys have given to kind of draw my own conclusions and whatnot.
My first question is whether disarming can be counted as a Power-Null, and if his shield being stolen can be used as a power-null anti-feat. Because that seems kind of wonky.

Also, what about Link's Ice rod? Its freezing ability should happen instantly seeing as all mobs around link stop moving the moment he uses it until they are frozen(they all stop moving the moment you wanna use the rod)

Don't know if it counts as power-null, seeing as those encased in ice are incapable of doing much to get out, though there is a time-limit to the spell, if anyone can clarify that'd be nice.

Also there is the Cane of Byrna, which does damage to enemies who are close to it if iirc, so Link will still be doing damage while he is intangible.

Edit: What is the context of her "Burning" magic? Just to make sure I don't say something dumb

Mereoleona has range, danmaku speed with mana zone an Link has problems with travel speed which is slower

Link has versatility, means to defend himself, can parry, probably a durability advantage that Mereoleona needs to surpass with changed blows/her strongest attack, and could be considered more skillfull
I Will read your post and edit this one with the info you provided

Mereoleona has range, danmaku speed with mana zone an Link has problems with travel speed which is slower

Travel speed is a problem, but I thought speed was equalized, or does she have amp(Have already expressed by lack of knowledge in the Black Clover world).

Link has versatility, means to defend himself, can parry, probably a durability advantage that Mereoleona needs to surpass with changed blows/her strongest attack, and could be considered more skillfull
What are feats which would consider her more skilled?

Important note: The Cane Of Byrna will do the Fighter's Sword sword levels of dmg in terms of game mechanics.

My first question is whether disarming can be counted as a Power-Null
Disarming is disarming, Mereoleona power null comes from burning magic itself, kinda like Natsu if you know him

is shield being stolen can be used as a power-null anti-feat
Is an example of his items not having all what link is capable himself, because then you have normal monster of A link to the past scaled to Link Class M and Link with Class M should not have any problem dealing with the Likes Likes grabs

Also, what about Link's Ice rod?
Unless it can freeze magma (Mereoleona bathing casually in Magma) it should not bother her while using his fire magic

Travel speed is a problem, but I thought speed was equalized,
To his combat speed, Link has less travel speed, so while dodging and attacking he is fast, Link moving is extremely slow
What are feats which would consider her more skilled?
I am saying this about Link, not Mereoleona, Mereoleona is good but Link has beaten more people, monsters etc, this can be debated but I pass this time
she have amp
Mana zone, consider it a 1.5 times amp to 3 times amp

Disarming is disarming, Mereoleona power null comes from burning magic itself, kinda like Natsu if you know him

I know of him, not of his feats. As for power-null, it only works with magic right? Idk why the mirror shield would be affected other than it's passive enchant, it should still be capable of blocking magical attacks. Also idk if you can say it has magic in it or not because the player guide states it's "thought" to have magical powers.

Is an example of his items not having all what link is capable himself, because then you have normal monster of A link to the past scaled to Link Class M and Link with Class M should not have any problem dealing with the Likes Likes grabs

Class M? Are those skill classes?

Unless it can freeze magma (Mereoleona bathing casually in Magma) it should not bother her while using his fire magic
Don't know it's limitations -- like I said I don't remember much. Need an expert's input.

Anyway, if the shield isn't magical in nature, her power null doesn't work. Thus her magic is still getting reflected back at her. As for grabbing Link's shield, he can use his Cane of Byrna to make her attacks irrelevant and just stand there as she takes damage every second she's near him -- this is possible because if she starts with long-range, Link has time to pull his cane through the fact she has to move closer.

What does lifting strength have to do with skill though?
We were talking about how Link can lose his shield to a normal monster even when having class M with his bracelet, when that should not be possible because Link could just force his way out with the superior LS as an example of his items not having every passive Link has

We were talking about how Link can lose his shield to a normal monster even when having class M with his bracelet, when that should not be possible because Link could just force his way out with the superior LS as an example of his items not having every passive Link has
But the reason he loses his shield is because of the Like Like -- Idk if it can be stated to be a "loses to a mob thus he can lose his shield easily" because we don't know how they steal the shield(could be via drugging link or magically). They are magical creatures after all, and since they are the only creatures capable of taking Link's shield idk if you can state something like that, also it doesn't match Link's lifting strength if that's how it works.

Also, how is that a skill feat? I don't understand? Could you clarify?

As for touching Link's shield, that's not much of a possibility due to the Cane, as stated previously, so it shouldn't matter too much either way.

Back