• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku (Dragon Ball Super) Vs. Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goku via massive ap advantage, range and fighting skills.

Goku wins via having a general advantage in stats. The lack of time manipulation is made up by sheer AP and stat advantage.

No he didn't. He has 6 votes.........................................Goku should take this for the reasons stated above.

Hold on, what's stopping Joe from scrambling Goku's insides?

In addition, Goku's main finishing moves like the Kamehameha will simply fly past Joe due to V-Dodge.

I think we're selling Joe a bit short here.

Didn't see said abilities listed on Joe's profile; and the 4th wall break thing sounds more like Popeye's ability to threaten the animator, or Bug Bunny becoming the animator. Which were decided to be removed from their profiles respectively due to being outlierish and/or wanked on Vs threads.

@Medeus

I wrote the profile, it's on there.

Viewtiful God Hand: Another one of his Hyper Combos. Joe activates Slow before charging his hands with energy, jabbing them into the opponent and scrambling them from the inside out before ripping his hands out forcefully, slowing down his target even after the effects of Slow have worn off.

@Adobe

Goku only has 6 votes (You, Medeus, Marco, Therefir, Akreious, and Quantu).

Glassman never made a vote.

And Joe is Genre Savvy due to his love of movies, TV, and comics, he'll recognize Goku as a skilled martial artist in a heartbeat and go full throttle on him. Not to mention the fact that Joe can call in backup from the Six Machine to catch Goku off guard to get in close range for a Viewtiful God Hand.

@Kazuma

Goku has resistance to Time Stop not Time Manipulation.

In addition, his resistance isn't even that strong, since Hit got stronger and time froze him again.

Goku has resistance to time stop .-.

Oh great another resistance=immunity comment.

View tidy little Joes Stop>>>Hits Time Stop, which kinda worked on Goku after some tweaking anyway.

I know goku can´t resist for example, time slow ,but he said STOP ,no SLOW and Hit won againts Joe,who is weaker than actual Goku,so this is redundant

Gargoyle One said:
Oh great another resistance=immunity comment.
View tidy little Joes Stop>>>Hits Time Stop, which kinda worked on Goku after some tweaking anyway.
Oh great another of your comments acusing about something people doesn´t say,i said he has resistance,not he is inmmune

I don´t care if Joe has better time stop,goku still has his resistance,and if Hit won easy his fight,goku wins easier for having more ap

No, Hit won because he had time stop, which Joe couldn't counter. Joe can beat Goku because Goku can't resist time slow. Joe fra.

@Glassman

Fair enough, I missed that since I only saw your first comment.

However, I don't agree with the reasoning given above since few people here seemed to have thoroughly read Joe's profile from top to bottom.

If Goku was previously able to predict Hit's movements and actively counter him (in an arc where he's MUCH WEAKER and arguably less experienced) whilst he's Time STOPPED, why would Time Slow suddenly be this end-all-of-be-all technique? Besides that, Goku has a huge lead in AP. I don't know what Viewtiful Joe's Possibly 3-A rating is, but current SSB Goku is so hilariously superior to the one that did the baseline Universal attack that it'd probably be, no it'd definitely be a stomp.

Okay so, Viewtiful Joe slows time and chains combos on Goku. Goku unleashes a full-body AoE orb blast thing (Ex. Saiyan Saga Vegeta blasting apart a mountain with an AoE). Viewtiful Joe also likes to get flashy, and if he tries to combo up on Goku whilst in normal state, he's getting obliterated. And Goku has his fair share of grapples so V-Dodge isn't helping Viewtiful Joe in that aspect.

@Akreious

Because Goku's movements are not restricted after breaking out of time stop. During Slow he's nearly a snail while fighting Joe. He might be able to predict what Joe will do next, but it'll do him no good if he can't move fast enough to make good on that.

Joe's 3-A rating comes from beating both King Blue and Jet Black, both of whom had enough power to control all of Movieland, a realm filled with countless stars, deep space, galaxies, and black holes. King Blue had the power to manipulate every aspect of Movieland to his will, but Joe still beat him. Jet Black was even more powerful.

@EcchiOtaku

I don't recall a time when he used those in the middle of a fight.

@Reppu

He used Solar Flare against Great Ape Vegeta (First thing that comes to mind) and uses Instant transmission several times against Beerus and Cell a few times.

Goku's not stupid. In Combat, he's probably one of the best there is. Ki is malleable and Goku has actually been very inventive on its use. He won't stay to trying to punch an enemy if he's slower than them (Or from his view, they're faster). The AoE surround-blast will be extremely helpful as even if you're faster than Goku, if Goku's surrounded by an explosion coming your way, you can't exactly hit Goku either.

Also, Yeah. Then Goku has the AP advantage due to being several several SEVERAL times superior than baseline Universe to Joe beating a being that can punk a being that controls all aspects of a Universe.

And since Joe is easily excitable and distractable, Goku could easily capitalize on that (Since Goku is willing to kill). And before you say that "Goku won't do that!", the only time he had no reason NOT to (against Freeza), he immediately went for it by using distraction ki blasts and even stealth attacks. Against Cell, he couldn't win against him. Cell was slightly stronger, but also had more abilities and any fatal damage dealt would only allow Cell to regen and get stronger. Against Majin Buu, he could've beat him if he straight rushed Buu but that'd ruin the creation of yet another powerful warrior (Gotenks). Goku has no reason not to capitalize and use these things to his advantage.

Edit: And before you say Goku spared Freeza (Tried to), Freeza was literally cut in half. He wouldn't have posed any threat at all even if Goku gave Freeza some energy. He gave Cell a sensu bean, which is the honourable thing to do (To the dismay of his friends) because despite the world being on the line, it still IS a tournament. Equal playing field and conditions should be a no brainer for a natural martial artist like Goku.

@Glass

Not IT into Solar Flare to the best of my knowledge

@Akreious

Has he used Solar Flare since?

I never said Goku was stupid, but if he moves at a fraction of Joe's speed constantly, it's pointless to predict one's moves if they can't act on those predictions.

Joe still has the Viewtiful God Hand to mess with Goku's insides.

Joe is excitable but he isn't stupid either. He's genre savvy on top of having a wealth of experience fighting characters who are physically stronger than him.

Yeah, Reppuzan does have some really good points, but I'll point out some things. Goku's resistance to time stop basically turns time stop into time deceleration; and even then, Goku's Ki sense and precognition are still great even when time is being slowed down; causing many to initially assume that he doesn't have resistance to time stop. But it's true, Viewtiful Joe is also quite smart combat wise, he may be aware of Goku's resistance, but that doesn't stop Joe from technically being faster.

And yeah, Joe technically has durability negation and temporary invulnerability, which should probably be added to his profile. But Goku does have the ability to block intangible attacks and possesses much higher AP; although, Joe could still get passed his durability.

So yeah, now that I think about it, I'm not sure who wins now, but I'll switch to inconclusive for the time being. Still, Joe has been noticeably downplayed in this thread, so the votes probably deserve a recount.

@dark how is he being downplayed when him being one-shotted is a possibility since Goku is way ahead of numerous 3-A characters in DBS?

I meant as Reppuzan said, his hax abilities have been completely left out throughout the entire thread. No one said he was downplayed tier wise; and of course even base form Goku oneshots if he hits, but Joe has his way around it.

Then again, Goku does have a massive area of effect and range compared to Joe, and precognition to help him out. And both characters are extremely excellent martial artists despite them having childlike personalities. So I said I'm unsure, but this match up is good.

I still dont recall Joe ever having an answer to Goku doing a 360 blast from his body should he ever get overwhelmed. Unlike his current battles, his sheer AP would make Joe trying to simply plow through it like his current opponents can is extremely unlikely. Joe's profile is a little iffy, does he have any answer to Goku kind of just... pulsing Joe away if Goku gets overwhelmed? Can he detect invisible Eye Blasts/Kiais? Even if Goku's in-Character, he's still trying to kill, and when backed in a corner he's shown to use abilities he wouldn't normally. And he's never used solar flare since Saiyan saga because, although this might be headcanon, but every opponent after Vegeta were simply out of Goku's league. Against freeza, he couldn't really deal any lasting harm even if he did solar flare (Super Saiyan Goku didn't need it since he was superior anyways), Cell already knows solar flare so that can easily be countered, SSJ3 Goku could've already defeated Majin Buu; Kid Buu would've most likely panicked and blew everything up and Super Buu is so hilariously above SSJ3 Goku it isn't even fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back