• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nightmare (Five Nights At Freddy's) vs Springtrap (Five Nights At Freddy's)

Sans2345

He/Him
Both 9-B

Springtrap can use his illusions

Battle takes place in fazbear fright

Win via death or KO

Springtrap is in his five nights at freddy's 3 appearance

Springtrap is facing nightmare from UCN

Nightmare: 0

Springtrap: 8 (Christian Higdon) (The Wright Way) (Crimson Azoth) (jimboydejuan12) (Jackythejack) (Missy0124) (HeadlessKramerGeoff777) (Niccokirby)

Inconclusive: 0

Springtrap
I ALWAYS COME BACK!...

FNAF4Nightmare
I AM YOUR WICKEDNESS... MADE OF FLESH.

So... let's see.

Nightmare holds a significant hax advantage with his teleportation, and is unbelievably intimidating in a combat situation, more so that Springtrap. However, on the flip side, Springtrap has been doing this for much longer, the most experienced animatronic along with Fredbear. He also holds an AP advantage, and has a history of going toe-to-toe with more physically intimidating characters than him, see the core four animatronics in FNAF 3.

At the moment voting Springtrap mid-diff

Also, Sans! Great to see you back, mate!

Crimson Azoth said:
So... let's see.
Nightmare holds a significant hax advantage with his teleportation, and is unbelievably intimidating in a combat situation, more so that Springtrap. However, on the flip side, Springtrap has been doing this for much longer, the most experienced animatronic along with Fredbear. He also holds an AP advantage, and has a history of going toe-to-toe with more physically intimidating characters than him, see the core four animatronics in FNAF 3.

Thanks ^_^

Crimson Azoth said:
So... let's see.

Since we are using Nightmare from UCN, all he has is invisibility and no teleportation. That would likely give him th advantage. Also, he appears invisible to technology so there is a possibility ST can't even see him. While the illusions will help, I don't know how Afton fights something he can't see.

"He also holds an AP advantage, and has a history of going toe-to-toe with more physically intimidating characters than him, see the core four animatronics in FNAF 3" that is in his human form, which he had knowledge of the characters and surprise. Also, he is likely weaker as ST due to have rotted away and such. PG>Animatronics=ST

Voting for Nightmare via better stealth and comparable strength. Only issue is ST's durability.

Don't really see why he would be invisible to Springtrap. Springtrap's eyes are still human, they aren't mechanically augmented. The Golden Bonnie suit is just that, a suit.

Not quite sure how Nightmare has better stealth. We are comparing a dude who sneaks through a haunted house and actively tries to avoid detection versus a guy who literally just stands at the door of your room and waits to be let in.

Crimson Azoth said:
Don't really see why he would be invisible to Springtrap. Springtrap's eyes are still human, they aren't mechanically augmented. The Golden Bonnie suit is just that, a suit.
Not quite sure how Nightmare has better stealth. We are comparing a dude who sneaks through a haunted house and actively tries to avoid detection versus a guy who literally just stands at the door of your room and waits to be let in.
I believe you are thinking of Canon Nightmare not UCN Nightmare, but I could be wrong.

Crimson Azoth said:
Nah. UCN Nightmare does the same thing, just stands at your door
Mind you this is a metal door were talking about not a house door

Mmm. Good point. But I don't really see why the mindset of the two characters shouldn't be comparable, as the UCN counterparts of most characters were very similar personality-wise to their canon counterparts.

Toy Freddy excluded obviously

Crimson Azoth said:
Mmm. Good point. But I don't really see why the mindset of the two characters shouldn't be comparable, as the UCN counterparts of most characters were very similar personality-wise to their canon counterparts.
Toy Freddy excluded obviously
Well, tbh the animatronics in the OG games don't really have personalities. So I don't see what you are trying to say. Also Nightmare is invisible to technology, and even can be almost full invisible normally except for his eyes. Nightmare doesn't make noise btw except for his jumpscare in UCN iirc.

Crimson Azoth said:
Plus, Nightmare is a giant. Not at all suited for sneaking around
Well he is taller than most of the anmatronics like freddy and foxy for example

Crimson Azoth said:
1) Pretty sure his eyes are electronic 2) Even if they are mechanically enhanced it should have the same effect of not being able to see Nightmare. It has been shown that other animatronics follow their programing even when possessed, such as going to sound lures and being unable to enter safe rooms. ST is still tech, so he even though he is possessed, I doubt he would be able to see Nightmare.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
1) Pretty sure his eyes are electronic 2) Even if they are mechanically enhanced it should have the same effect of not being able to see Nightmare. It has been shown that other animatronics follow their programing even when possessed, such as going to sound lures and being unable to enter safe rooms. ST is still tech, so he even though he is possessed, I doubt he would be able to see Nightmare.
1) You missed my above point. The Spring Bonnie suit, which is what we know to be Springtrap, has no endoskeleton. Which are the mechanical eyes that we see in every other animation. Therefor, Springtrap's eyes cannot be mechanical

2) Springtrap, by definition, cannot follow his programming as he has none. He is not a robot. He is a man in a suit

1) You missed my above point. The Spring Bonnie suit, which is what we know to be Springtrap, has no endoskeleton. Which are the mechanical eyes that we see in every other animation. Therefor, Springtrap's eyes cannot be mechanical

2) Springtrap, by definition, cannot follow his programming as he has none. He is not a robot. He is a man in a suit

Uh...but he gets killed by the animatonic parts/spring-locks kill him. I could be remembering it wrong cause I am extremely tired right now. My apologies if I am incorrect. I probably am.

Atm thought he got killed cause it went into "suit mode"

Uh...but he gets killed by the animatonic parts/spring-locks kill him. I could be remembering it wrong cause I am extremely tired right now. My apologies if I am incorrect. I probably am.

Atm thought he got killed cause it went into "suit mode"

He did get killed because of the suit's springlocks. That doesn't change much, if anything though. Anyways, Springtrap FRA.

Still, ST shouldn't be able to SEE Nightmare.

"Uh, hello? Hello hello? Uh welcome to your new career as a performer slash entertainer for Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Uh, these tapes will provide you with much needed information on how to handle, slash climb into, slash climb out of, mascot costumes. Right now we have two specially designed suits that double as both animatronic and suit. So please pay close attention while learning how to operate these suits, as accidents, slash injury, slash death, slash irreparable and grotesque maiming, can occur.

First, we will discuss how to operate the mascots when they are in animatronic form. For ease of operation the animatronics, are set to turn and walk towards sound cues. This is an easy and hands-free approach, to making sure the animatronics stay where the children are, for maximum entertainment slash crowd-pleasing value. To change the animatronics to suit mode, insert and turn firmly the hand crank provided by the manufacturer.

Turning the crank will recoil and compress the animatronic parts around the sides of the suit, providing room to climb inside. Please make sure the springlocks are fastened tight, to ensure the animatronic devices remain fixed. We will cover this in more detail in tomorrow's session.

Remember to smile. You are the face of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza."

Basically, his eyes are that of an animatronic, and also since he follows noices, like an animatronic, we can know that even though he is possessed, he functions like a normal animatronic. So since Nightmare is invisible to technology, ST can't see him. However, ST probably can disrupt that with phantoms, but only temporarily.

I don't know how many times I can say this. Look. At. The. Endoskeletons

See the eyes? Those are the eyes of the animatronics that we are so familiar with in the game. Right there. The suit, the Springtrap suit, does not have an endoskeleton inside it as there is no room for an Afton and an endoskeleton in the same suit.

The animatronic parts mentioned in the above extract are connecting joints, made for clipping onto the endoskeleton to give the robot shape. So it's not an empty suit. The parts are not the eyes of the robot, those are a completely different piece.

And, actually, I can prove this. There's another suit from the same time that we see ingame without a endoskeleton. Recognize this guy?. Empty suit. NO EYES

Springtrap resists Nightmare's invisibility. His eyes are organic

Crimson Azoth said:
I don't know how many times I can say this. Look. At. The. Endoskeletons
See the eyes? Those are the eyes of the animatronics that we are so familiar with in the game. Right there. The suit, the Springtrap suit, does not have an endoskeleton inside it as there is no room for an Afton and an endoskeleton in the same suit.

Headless: Have you seen the rare Springtrap screens? The eyes shown are the bulbus eyes of an animatronic, heck, the eyes even have freaking animatronic eyelids, something a strict suit wouldn't have. Still just look at the Rare-boot images.

The animatronic parts mentioned in the above extract are connecting joints, made for clipping onto the endoskeleton to give the robot shape. So it's not an empty suit. The parts are not the eyes of the robot, those are a completely different piece.

And, actually, I can prove this. There's another suit from the same time that we see ingame without a endoskeleton. Recognize this guy?. Empty suit. NO EYES

Headless: Cause it is in a lifeless suit mode. If we say it is not, it also is likely a stylized choice as 1) GF is a ghostly animatronic and the lack of eyes potrays a ghostly presence and 2) Other animatronics with eyes with eyes are shown to be able to have pure black eyes or pure black eyes with white puples (mostly in FNaF 2).

Springtrap resists Nightmare's invisibility. His eyes are organic.

Headless: Nope. Also it wouldn't make logical sense. His body is rotten, rough and pulled like a withered and dryed out animal hide. His eyes being human would have dried out, shrivled and decayed. But clearly they have not.

Back