• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

4-B Bracket: Brains vs Brawn! Round 1 (Martian Manhunter vs Hulk)

Ideas for combatants? Leave them here!

Rules:

- Speed is equal

- Victory via death

- World War Hulk

- Starting distance is 100 yards.

This fight (12:57) is about to take place when all of a sudden, the Justice League shows up at the same time that Hulk does...

Clark: "Doomsday! We're going to take you down, once and for all!"

J'onn: "Step aside, bystander, this fight does no concern you."

Banner: "Hulk got this under control!"

J'onn: "Sir, I don't think you're aware of what this beast is capable of..."

Banner: "HULK CAPABLE OF MORE! HULK SMASH HIS FACE!"

Hal: "J'onn, why don't you calm this big guy down? You're both green and ugly."

Banner: "WHAT DID YOU SAY, LITTLE MAN?"

Hal: "Gotta go, you've got this!"

Wayne: "We've got to deal with Doomsday, J'onn. Think you can handle the green guy?"

J'onn: "I'll take him down."

FIGHT!

Martian

F6b4e4bb26b04f665cf80f81ea908146

Brains: 10 (Chris, Jack, Papi, Lancelot, Caleb, Urien, Medus, Boogie, Juan and C2)

Braw: 5 (Stoned Orc, Jack, Daniel, Procrastination, and Yobo Blue)

The Color Yellow: 0

Okay, so...

Manhunter probably wins here due to his powers. Hulk resists some, but J'onn has some better than what he can resist. Also, IIRC, he has a SLIGHT AP advantage.

Actually, this is World Breaker Hulk, he's more powerful than standard Green Hulk. Green Hulk is around 386 kilofoe. WB Hulk is just under a Megafoe (1000 kilofoe).

MM is 615 kilofoe. So, less than 1.6x difference in Hulk's favor, but that's really not a big enough to really impact the fight.

As for powers, Hulk resists things like matter manipulation and telepathy. His non-physical interaction and ability to see ghost (who can be invisible) means that he can still attack MM when he's intangible and see him while invisible. He actually does a good job of negating MM's crazier abilties and forcing him to fight face to face.

On MM's side, he still got his size changing and his shape-shifting, which really helps him. It makes him more verstatile in a physical brawl as he can suddenly spawn multple limbs, make blades/tendrils, turn into all kinds animals. Hence, he can truly change himself to adapt to whatever is happening. He can suddenly shrink to get out of Hulk's grip for instance.

As for how I think this would play out: it's one heck of a slugging match. Both have very good regen and with them being in a similiar ballpark ap/dura wise, this will keep going til one of them drops, which would be MM due to Hulk having almost unlimited stamina. However, it's possible to knock Hulk back to being Banner if you do enough damage, like when he fought Sentry. The question then comes if MM could do this?

Given, MM's shape-shifting, I think he could. He'll have a far easier time to avoiding damage all together and giving back counters or sneaking in attacks.

Hence, MM high-difficulty.

While The C2 makes wonderful points about the Hulk's powerset forcing MM into a physical confrontation, I don't think that MM's shapeshifting will be that important; Hulk has fought shapeshifters before, after all. As well, WBHulk will continue to get enraged, particularly as Manhunter avoids his attacks, which will gradually stat-amp him and increase the AP gap. Hulk's stamina, too, is as limitless as his anger. I vote Hulk, in that Hulk will eventually wear out MM's stamina and majorly wreck his shit--with mid-to-high difficulty, certainly, but it'll still happen eventually.

Extremely high stamina doesn't mean it can't be worn down, especially by a being whose stamina is bound only by how angry he can continue to be. This is a fight that can and probably will take literally days or weeks to come to a conclusion, but I just don't see MM taking the win here, shapeshifting or not. Shapeshifting to avoid attacks and counterattack will only feed Hulk's rage, ultimately.

A Stoned Orc said:
Extremely high stamina doesn't mean it can't be worn down, especially by a being whose stamina is bound only by how angry he can continue to be. This is a fight that can and probably will take literally days or weeks to come to a conclusion, but I just don't see MM taking the win here, shapeshifting or not. Shapeshifting to avoid attacks and counterattack will only feed Hulk's rage, ultimately.
MM turns into a literal fly, then what? Both votes counted, but try to give better reasoning @Orc

TitanCrusher101 said:
A Stoned Orc said:
MM turns into a literal fly, then what? Both votes counted, but try to give better reasoning @Orc
Hulk has AOE moves, you know. He can thunderclap, releasing a high-powered, omnidirectional shockwave, for instance. Plus, when MM shapeshifts, does he really become a 4-B fly?

I'd also like to note that World Breaker Hulk doesn't in anyway speak like you've written in the story. He was a lot more eloquent, and never referred to himself in the third person. Green Scar/World Breaker was a lot more intelligent than the standard Green Hulk--he had more of Joe Fixit/Gray Hulk's cunning, and he had more access to Banner's intellect (though the majority of his college-level education was still denied). Even so, he managed to outwit people like Tony Stark and Reed Richards by the end of the World War Hulk run.

I see Hulk winning more often than not honestly. If MM can't overpower his regen and stamina with sheer force, than it's more than likely that eventually that power modification and reactive evolution will start kicking in. And Hulk has easily closed larger power gaps with sheer rage.

Also, WW Hulk has more AP than usual IIRC. In the MegaFOE range I believe

We've previously established that there's a 1.6x AP gap in Hulk's favor, and like I've stated previously, that's a gap that will only continue to increase as the fight wears on. Reactive Evolution and Self-Power Modification are also points I hadn't brought up, yet, thank you.

That was do to Doomsday not even having a mind; also, Martian Manhunter is even stronger than Superman on top of his mind hax being quite potent. Hulk isn't immune to mind manipulation.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
That was do to Doomsday not even having a mind; also, Martian Manhunter is even stronger than Superman on top of his mind hax being quite potent. Hulk isn't immune to mind manipulation.
You don't need to be immune to mindhax to resist Jon. If Hulk has feats of resisting someone like Phoenix for example he can do it

TitanCrusher101 said:
Pretty sure J'onn is better than Phoenix in mindhax.
Phoenix has High 1-B mindhax. Jon's best feat is mind controlling Captain Atom. The Spectre feat has been debunked

I'm pretty sure that turning it to base Green Hulk makes this an AP stomp for MMH?

That said, Martian Manhunter has also canonically been unable to use his mindhax on people that possess intense rage, such as when Atrocitus solo'd the Justice League, including Martian Manhunter; he tried to get into Atrocitus' head, but Atro's sheer rage rejected MMH and made him scream in pain. WBH is definitely Atrocitus-levels of angry.

A Stoned Orc said:
I'm pretty sure that turning it to base Green Hulk makes this an AP stomp for MMH?
The difference would still be around 1.6x, just in MM's favor instead of Hulk's.

MM: 615 kilofoe.

Green Hulk: 386 kilofoe.

Most of DC's 4-B are 615 kilofoe or above. Marvel's have a few more layers of power:

386 Kilofoe (Silver Surfer, Thor, Green Hulk, etc.)

> 386 (Binary, Quasar, 4-B Phoenix Force Hosts, Gladiator, etc.)

Around a Megafoe (1000 kilofoe) (Sentry, King Hyperion, Blue Marvel, World Breaker Hulk, etc)

The exact same thing happened to Hulk on Sakaar that happened to Atros on Ryut--the complete death and destruction of his family, and ultimately the world he loved. The only difference is that WBHulk hasn't had 3+ billion years to fester over it--it's a raw, bloody wound. (Well, and that Hulk's unborn child survived on the ruined world and ultimately became known as Skaar, but that was revealed long after WBHulk's rampage.

Hulk is literally Banner's entire childhood abuse multiplied several times over, compounded by outside factors, and galvanized by satanic Gamma Radiation on a normal day. He's probably more tha Atrocitus levels of angry.

Back