• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(8-0-0) (GRACE) Frisk vs Rai Batenkaitos | Determination V.S Gluttony

FantaRin_The_First

Username Only
Human Child vs Archbishop of Gluttony
  • The fighting location for this battle will take place in The Judgment Hall.
  • The starting distance is 4 Meters
  • Both characters are in character but Frisk is blood lusted and willing to kill.
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Frisk is in their 8-B Peak Determination Key: Their Durability is limited to 8-B
  • Frisk scales to 50.6 tons, Rai scales to 27.66 tons
  • Rai has prior knowledge of Frisk's name
  • Neutral Run Frisk is used, and they have their Worn Dagger, Heart Locket, and several food items
Rai Batenkatios: 0

Frisk: 8 (@Originlima, @FarerPurple, @Popted2, @DemonicDude, @GodlyCharmander, @EnderLord8, @Acer__ , @FantaRin_The_First)

Frisk uses MERCY and Rai accepts (Incon): 0

3402997.jpg

ih15pap38gt61.jpg

Here we are again, it's just me with my weird match ideas that came out of nowhere, one with The 7th Human who fell into the Underground and the Archbishop of Gluttony of the Witch's Cult, there isn't really any connection between these two but this is probably my only attempts in using Frisk's 8-B Key via throwing them at characters who can get around their RESET.
Meet Rai. He can eat a person's name and their memories by touching them and licking his hand: eating people's memories make them lose their memories and turn into completely different people by making them amnesiacs, eating a person's name makes everybody forget the victim, and eating both puts the victim in suspended animation... Essentially, he is a perfect counter for somebody like Frisk. However, he is, basically, a blood knight. He'll only use his hax after he finds his target worthy of it (thankfully, Fanta isn't using Rai's brother, Roi, who is very trigger-happy with his hax and will immediately use it as his starting move if possible.)
After this fight, I plan to match the rest of Re: Zero's Archbishops with folks that I think would make fun matches, or at least, have a way to deal with their hax. Heh, maybe I actually make that Petelgeuse Romanee-Conti vs Kirito Fight after this fight since the fact that they share the same VAs is funny to me... or use other characters who I feel have not had many matches and wish to fix it.

Story:
Ye, what is happened is admittedly a bare bone thing. Still made it to make their fight thread a bit more interesting, and to make it feel more complete. If you get what I am saying. Hopefully, I'll get better at this.

In a weird timeline, a Carnivorous Beast fell into the Underground as soon as a Neutral Run! Frisk left their version of The Ruins. A Carnivorous Beast controlled utterly by his Gluttony and was also known as an Archbishop of Gluttony. The Queen was dethroned and entered the belly of the beast, The Comedian couldn't stop their rampage and was swiftly consumed, and whatever else remained after Frisk's own killing of Monsterkind couldn't hope to stop the Archbishop, or at least that's what the Flower thought. Now... We enter the Judgement Hall - In a usual time, this is the time where Frisk would be confronted by a comedian and would be judged for their every action. Unfortunately, the Archbishop had already arrived first and disposed of the King, making him be the judge for The Human.

"HUMAN, we see that you've finally arrived!"
"..." You step forward with their knife in hand and ask the strange a single question.
"Who are we? ... We're the Sin Archbishop of the Witch's Cult, representing Gluttony... Rai Batenkaitos! And who are you?"
"..." You say your name in response, and your eyes widened as the proclaimed Archbishop smiled devilishly and leaped forward towards you with such ferocity! Yet, You stay Determined! And charge forward.
"Ah, what DETERMINATION! We're most certainly going to enjoy this feast!"

Battle Start!

ACT
*Check
Rai Batenkatios ?? ATK ?? DEF - A strange human. Don't let your guard down, and stay determined.

Last edited:
Human Child vs Archbishop of Gluttony
  • The fighting location for this battle will take place in The Judgment Hall.
  • The starting distance is 4 Meters
  • Both characters are in character but Frisk is blood lusted and willing to kill.
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Frisk is in their 8-B Peak Determination Key: Their Durability is limited to 8-B
  • Frisk scales to 50.6 tons, Rai scales to 27.66 tons
  • Rai has prior knowledge of Frisk's name
Causality Manipulation stomps

Rai's Causality Manipulation simply makes other people forget about you even if they should logically remember you, i.e, a father will have their son forget him entirely and the son will have their memories rewritten to account for this 'new' history. There are several people in-story who were affected by Rai's power and still existed. Essentially, Frisk won't be affected directly by this power.

... Rai also doesn't use this power immediately either - battle-nut reasons since he is a person who enjoys fighting a person for a long time to see if they are worthy of being "eaten" by him.

Rai's Causality Manipulation simply makes other people forget about you even if they should logically remember you, i.e, a father will have their son forget him entirely and the son will have their memories rewritten to account for this 'new' history. There are several people in-story who were affected by Rai's power and still existed. Essentially, Frisk won't be affected directly by this power.

... Rai also doesn't use this power immediately either - battle-nut reasons since he is a person who enjoys fighting a person for a long time to see if they are worthy of being "eaten" by him.
then Frisk have their 2x advantage and being more skilled in battle since they have been fighting a lot of characters including Photoshop Flowey with his insane danmaku and etc

then Frisk have their 2x advantage and being more skilled in battle since they have been fighting a lot of characters including Photoshop Flowey with his insane danmaku and etc
I'll cut through your words. Namely, the idea that Frisk is more skilled than Rai. The latter has faced various fighters of assorted martial skills, accomplished swordsmen, martial artists, and magic users and has come out on top. Though, speed being equal and Frisk having the advantage of reset nulls this + by a bit.

Should mention that Rai has a win-con via the fact that they can put Frisk in complete suspended animation by eating their names (the memories of people who know them) and eating Frisk's memories by touching them and licking his hand. However, he will not use this trump card early. There's also the possibility that Rai turns Frisk into an amnesic, but meh. Frisk needs to kill Rai once, and Rai needs to eat Frisk's name and memory.

Well, while I'm waiting your CRT Frisk I'm thinking about making CRT of 2c Undertale revisions since in "Undertale Misconceptions" was 1 issue which making this more and more complicated.

What are the chances of Frisk learning of Rai's weakness? Would he be willing to, say, explain it ala' shonen?

If so, Frisk eventually loads and introduces themselves with a false name, and takes advantage of a nauseated Rai to smack him down.

What are the chances of Frisk learning of Rai's weakness? Would he be willing to, say, explain it ala' shonen?

If so, Frisk eventually loads and introduces themselves with a false name, and takes advantage of a nauseated Rai to smack him down.
I checked da Profile of Rai
She has no way to harm Frisk and annihilate LOADs.
So Frisk just remembers her tactics and destruct her

Rai never ever stated that particular weaknesses aloud in the entirety of canon, and it was only discovered after either Rai (or his brother, can't remember which) tried to eat the name of somebody who unknowingly had a false name.
Plus, I already gave prior knowledge of Frisk's name to Rai in order for him to deal with Frisk's reset power.
I checked da Profile of Rai
She has no way to harm Frisk and annihilate LOADs.
So Frisk just remembers her tactics and destruct her
I am assuming that you're speaking of Rui when you're using her, and... true. However, Rai still has a couple of ways to incap Frisk, and likely has a minor skill advantage over them.

I am assuming that you're speaking of Rui when you're using her, and... true. However, Rai still has a couple of ways to incap Frisk, and likely has a minor skill advantage over them.
Well, skill advantage will be annihilated after couple of LOADs.

So, finally Frisk will learns all her attacks and just annihilate her

Oh! Rui, or Rai's sister, is pretty much a non-factor in this fight, tbh. At best, if Frisk knocks Rai out, Rui could possibly take over Rai's body and fight in their stead with no downgrade to fighting ability, but that's about it. But I also have to argue that Rai can incap Frisk by eating his name and memory, rendering him in a coma with no way to wake up from, since Subaru, Re:Zero Protag who has the exact same ability as Frisk's Reset, was unable to regain their memory even after they died and reset back to their checkpoint.

Oh! Rui, or Rai's sister, is pretty much a non-factor in this fight, tbh. At best, if Frisk knocks Rai out, Rui could possibly take over Rai's body and fight in their stead with no downgrade to fighting ability, but that's about it. But I also have to argue that Rai can incap Frisk by eating his name and memory, rendering him in a coma with no way to wake up from, since Subaru, Re:Zero Protag who has the exact same ability as Frisk's Reset, was unable to regain their memory even after they died and reset back to their checkpoint.
But, LOADs may be used automatically without even Frisk's move if scale them to Flowey.
And thought, is Memory eating permanent and have Acausality type 1?
If not, then Frisk LOADs or True RESETs.

K so to pop in here;

Speed equalized does not make anyone less skilled than they previously were, thats a moot point.

Frisk can 'check' their opponent to find weaknesses, they have done this against many people to find weaknesses, and is 'technically' their starting move

But, LOADs may be used automatically without even Frisk's move if scale them to Flowey.
LOADs do need you to move, true pacifist run had frisk paralyzed and could not load or reset because they couldn't reach their save file. Acasuality does not cover mind manipulation. Frisk's loads do not scale to flowey, as the only time we've ever seen him use them were when he had 6 different files he was abusing to kill you, so we have no idea how he used them when he had his own.

The memory eating thing is indeed permanent unless Rai is killed a relatively short amount of time after eating a victim's memory and/or name (other people's memories of the victim) although Subaru had a specific way of returning the memories that were stolen from him that can only apply to him and only him.

K so to pop in here;

Speed equalized does not make anyone less skilled than they previously were, thats a moot point.

Frisk can 'check' their opponent to find weaknesses, they have done this against many people to find weaknesses, and is 'technically' their starting move

LOADs do need you to move, true pacifist run had frisk paralyzed and could not load or reset because they couldn't reach their save file. Acasuality does not cover mind manipulation. Frisk's loads do not scale to flowey, as the only time we've ever seen him use them were when he had 6 different files he was abusing to kill you, so we have no idea how he used them when he had his own.
Also. This.

Either Rai turns Frisk into an amnestic who has no idea of remembering who he is and is incapable of returning back to who they previously are or Rai essentially puts Frisk into a state where he is stuck in a state similar to a brain-dead coma. The problem is, however, in character, Rai doesn't utilize his hax right off the bat as he prefers to scope out his opponents to see if they are worthy of being 'eaten' by him, afterward if they are worthy, he utilizes his hax on his victim.

Either Rai turns Frisk into an amnestic who has no idea of remembering who he is and is incapable of returning back to who they previously are or Rai essentially puts Frisk into a state where he is stuck in a state similar to a brain-dead coma. The problem is, however, in character, Rai doesn't utilize his hax right off the bat as he prefers to scope out his opponents to see if they are worthy of being 'eaten' by him, afterward if they are worthy, he utilizes his hax on his victim.
The only way frisk could actually counter that is using the player, but this isn't the player vs rai, so frisk doesn't have access to them.

The only way frisk could actually counter that is using the player, but this isn't the player vs rai, so frisk doesn't have access to them.
Ah, is that bad? ... If so, I want to say Rai can also just eat people's memories of Frisk, which, uh, will be useless in this Vs. Battle Thread. Bit of a coin-flip, tho. Rai could also just kill Frisk the normal way, admittedly, I'm pretty sure he prefers to kill after he uses his hax.

Ah, is that bad? ... If so, I want to say Rai can also just eat people's memories of Frisk, which, uh, will be useless in this Vs. Battle Thread. Bit of a coin-flip, tho. Rai could also just kill Frisk the normal way, admittedly, I'm pretty sure he prefers to kill after he uses his hax.
if they delay on killing frisk, chances are frisk can check them and find out their weakness, and either;

A. exploit that to incap them.

B. Fallout las vegas them.

Hm, okay. But I have to point out that I bloodlust'd Frisk, so B. might not be open.

Have to ask, Purple, what is your opinion about this match? Do you think Frisk could win or nah?

K so to pop in here;

Unknown thought
I was talking about first Flowey reset when he just woke up after suicide.

Unknown thought

I was talking about first Flowey reset when he just woke up after suicide.
Flowey never had loads or resets until he was flowey, and he implied he never reset or loaded until long into his first run. he simply woke up as flowey, got bored, reset and began everything.

Oh ye, wanna add that I gave Rai prior info about Frisk's name so he could utilize his hax on Frisk in the first place - since, without it, he virtually has no win-con against Frisk.

Flowey never had loads or resets until he was flowey, and he implied he never reset or loaded until long into his first run. he simply woke up as flowey, got bored, reset and began everything.
You got everything wrong.

Check Genocide Flowey lines.
1. He woke up as flower
2. Talks to father
3. Escapes to Toriel
4. Got bored and kills himself
5. Succeed
6. Being in whatever the hell is Flowey was in
7. Had primal feeling
8. Woke up again

You got everything wrong.

Check Genocide Flowey lines.
1. He woke up as flower
2. Talks to father
3. Escapes to Toriel
4. Got bored and kills himself
5. Succeed
6. Being in whatever the hell is Flowey was in
7. Had primal feeling
8. Woke up again
yes. but that means nothing on the fact that frisk still needs to move to reset and load.
Oh ye, wanna add that I gave Rai prior info about Frisk's name so he could utilize his hax on Frisk in the first place - since, without it, he virtually has no win-con against Frisk.
fortunately, since frisk is going to start with their incap option means their likely to not eat their memory before being put to sleep and beat to death/incapped

so, im going with Frisk as both have wincons.

frisk match thats actually viable 😳😳😳😳😳😳
Indeed! I might also be able to find some more MFers that Frisk can have a viable match! Probs none in Re:Zero, tho. A match against Rai's brother would result in the same outcome, one of Rai's allies, Capella, has instant touch-based transformation so she can just turn Frisk into flies and be done with it, another one of Rai's allies, Sirius, immediately mind-hax Frisk although it is soul-based so Frisk might be able to resist it... and those are the folks who can have a 'genuine' match with Frisk with 'viable' ways to stop RESET.

The others are either too weak to fight Frisk even in his weakest key (Subaru), can't deal with RESET (i.e all of Re: Zero Normal fighters), too strong (High Tiers or God Tiers), or says hi with passive Madness Manipulation Type 3 (The Witch Characters)

The others are either too weak to fight Frisk even in his weakest key (Subaru), can't deal with RESET (i.e all of Re: Zero Normal fighters), too strong (High Tiers or God Tiers), or says hi with passive Madness Manipulation Type 3 (The Witch Characters)
And the UT's strongest fighter is too strong for that verse.

Btw, Fanta, what are you thinking about Flowey being whatever the hell he was in?
I mean, when he DIED

I always thought that Flowey was just stuck in a dark part of Alpyhs whenever he woke up or smth like that. Or could be something to do with Gaster and whatever the heck is happening in Deltarune, I hope so: I have high hopes for one day there is proof UT and DT are connected in the same multiverse or smth, so UG's Monsters may receive an upgrade to at least 8-C Levels, damn it!

I always thought that Flowey was just stuck in a dark part of Alpyhs whenever he woke up or smth like that.
But Flowey decided to die in Ruins
Or could be something to do with Gaster and whatever the heck is happening in Deltarune, I hope so: I have high hopes for one day there is proof UT and DT are connected in the same multiverse or smth, so UG's Monsters may receive an upgrade to at least 8-C Levels, damn it!
and still, do you know Entry17 and Deltarune.com Gaster message?
They're same.
And even thought, there's no reason for UT to go into 8 tiers.

The maximum who will get upgraded is only Asriel Dreemurr, Frisk and Barrier to 2-C.

The Skill Advantage isn't major either, Rai might outpace Frisk in a technical sense, but Frisk is insanely good at dodging, and resists god tier Danmaku.

Also, if the she does paralyze Frisk... what's stopping them from just going back to their save file? They don't have to die in order to do that.

Back