• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Dormammu bragged that he was the equal of Odin or Zeus so they should be comparable if not stronger than him so 2A. Furthermore King Thor was able to overpower half of the in-betweener. All characters who scale from them should be 2A.

Furthermore Thor's Godblast was superior to Odin and Zeus and Vishnu's combined attack, Knocking Exitar back, it should be 2A too and it being comparable to a skyfather's regular attacks makes sense and a version of it beat Mangog.

Lastly, I propose that Thor's current Base key be turned into a 'Classic' key and Thor get a new Base key in which he is 2A for beating Odin. Cosmic Ghost rider should be above him and thus 2A, furthermore he threatened Death and she took his threat seriously further supporting him being 2A.

Dormammu's feats in his weakest incarnation already surpass the Skyfathers by a massive margin, so the statement of him being equal to Odin and Zeus is directly contradicted.

A character does not have to directly demonstrate a level of power to be at a tier. He can be superior to another character and scale to his feats.

Again King Thor STOMPED half of the Inbetweener that's an outstanding feat.

I mean Odin and Zeus should be 2-A, just for entirely different reasons. Because they don't scale to Dormammu. At all.

Yggdrasil being 2-A, scaling to Hela who should be 2-A due to scaling to Mephisto, etc.

These are all typical Marvel inconsistencies. I think that our current scaling is mostly fine. Sorry.

Antvasima said:
These are all typical Marvel inconsistencies. I think that our current scaling is mostly fine. Sorry.
I do think there are enough feats and statements that it goes beyond mere inconsistency

It would mess up our current scaling as defined by PrinceOfTheMorning. Unless you get him to agree to this change, I am going to oppose it. Sorry.

I've asked him to comment.

And since we'd merely be turning our 2Cs into 2As it wouldn't mess up any scaling.

They are usually portrayed as far less powerful, and it would give moderately hungry and well-fed Galactus the same power-level.

Again, sorry, but this is firmly rejected.

Antvasima said:
They are usually portrayed as far less powerful, and it would give moderately hungry and well-fed Galactus the same power-level.
They are usually portrayed as far less powerful than 2c also and 4Bs damaging 2Cs is as big an outlier as them damaging 2As since they should still be infinitely weaker.

I meant in relation to the 2-As. Anyway, PrinceOfTheMorning is our main current Marvel/DC expert, and he set this up, so I won't clear making a mess of things in his absense.

I don't remember it correctly but that statement was from a strange/dormammu who was very weak but slowly gaining power. And Dormammu generally has feats above Odin's class. The only correlation between them is that both were stomped by Galactus

He was flat out bragging that he was equal to Odin- and he was referring to his normal power level.

I can't seem to upload photos for some reason but just search for dormammu Odin it is on the first hits that'll come in images.

I am not going to clear this thread, and it seems unlikely that anybody will help us out. As such nothing will happen here. It will just waste my time and energy. We should close this thread.

Odin does not scale to Dormammu in any way whatsoever. Odin while heavily amped was getting destroyed by the Fourth Host while Dormammu in one of his weakest incarnations was stated twice to be capable of challenging and destroying the entire Celestial race.

LordTracer said:
Odin does not scale to Dormammu in any way whatsoever. Odin while heavily amped was getting destroyed by the Fourth Host while Dormammu in one of his weakest incarnations was stated twice to be capable of challenging and destroying the entire Celestial race.
Dormammu is shown to around Eternity or at worst Galactus level. Even in Dr Strange Dormammu was confident that he could contend with Galactus before he got fried. That version of Galactus >>>>> The galactus that kicked Odin's ass

Being confident at being able to contend with someone means nothing when you basically get curb-stomped in one second.

On a side note (assuming this thread is for all Marvel 2A applicants) Marvel Yahweh scales above Uriel, who equals Mephisto in his own realm, making him 2A and Dr Strange (Modern) should also be 2A for contending with Mephisto in his own realm as well.

Tyranno223 said:
Being confident at being able to contend with someone means nothing when you basically get curb-stomped in one second.

On a side note (assuming this thread is for all Marvel 2A applicants) Marvel Yahweh scales above Uriel, who equals Mephisto in his own realm, making him 2A and Dr Strange (Modern) should also be 2A for contending with Mephisto in his own realm as well.
Well, ypu can't fault him at that. Galactus power was rising astronomically at that moment. He was about to split apart Multi Eternity back then.

That wasn't Dormammu at his peak tho. Dormammu nowadays has been portrayed at a lot weaker than he once was. But yes, Dormammu at his peak (which I'd say is like, Dormammu during Defenders #3) is about Eternity level (I could argue higher but I won't for now), and as such, FAR beyond Odin.

Again, we should close this. Nothing will happen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back