• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

25 things I dislike about VS debating (and VSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah ngl id be all for suggsverse being allowed on the wiki if it wasn't so horribly inconsistent that Death of the Author could be applied to many of the statements thus making scaling it a cumbersome ordeal (and the fact Suggs would deffo micromanage the shit out of it like he does his own wiki)

And also when you post an interesting match-up and no one inputs onto it at all. And the fact that people downplay a character's potential just because they're a human

Last edited:
Tier 0. I don't really see the point in it. Honestly it can just fit within High 1A. Boundless level is a sham when you add in layers in it. It just sounds like suggverse.

My main dislike is that staff need to be involved in every single crt that isn’t brain dead obvious. Like, if 99% of the verse supporters and knowledgeables agree, why do we need these guys to agree too.

The main problem this site has is its Tier System. The scaling is often wonky, varies too much, and people who often know shit of a series just agree with every proposed change. And then it is impossible to actually have an engaging vs debate because you need to do a full revision thread to actually bring up feats that contradict the current page's tier, either ones that were omitted, poorly explained or not given the proper context, or new ones.

Honestly, while compiling feats is fun, translating them to the site's system is a thankless pain in the ass.

My main dislike is that staff need to be involved in every single crt that isn’t brain dead obvious. Like, if 99% of the verse supporters and knowledgeables agree, why do we need these guys to agree too.
To stop character wank or downplay... Tho rarely 🗿

IUp3LJ7.jpg

"Why do staff need to be involved in every verse!!!!"

Like come on. Let's not kid ourselves, there are a shit ton of verses if left to their own devices would wank the living shit out of their verse even if they didn't mean to, not naming any names (Tohou) but yeah Staff is used to counteract that issue (Prom telling Tohou supporters to stop flagrant misinformation in a crt comes to mind) so yeah it is needed.

"Why do staff need to be involved in every verse!!!!"

Like come on. Let's not kid ourselves, there are a shit ton of verses if left to their own devices would wank the living shit out of their verse even if they didn't mean to, not naming any names (Tohou) but yeah Staff is used to counteract that issue (Prom telling Tohou supporters to stop flagrant misinformation in a crt comes to mind) so yeah it is needed.
This makes me look at genshin, who is currently doing a verse wide revision and potentially downgrades completely on its own and feel very grateful

This makes me look at genshin, who is currently doing a verse wide revision and potentially downgrades completely on its own and feel very grateful
I've seen the scaling chain for Genshin. That verse is a mess lowkey, and the butt of many jokes in the discord. But im glad it's getting sorted. Not many supporters go out of their way to do that.

Supporters that actively trying to downgrade a verse to its accurate state is rare

The issue is that when you ditch the scaling chains and calcs for your low, mid, and high tiers, you kinda have to find replacements, so that’ll be tough

The fact that Madness manipulation has 3 types, when it's just a subset of mind manipulation
The three types can all just be negged by mind resistance too
And don't ******* tell me that cognition is somehow different than mind manip, cuz all it is is passive mind manip

The three types can all just be negged by mind resistance too
Uh, no

Biological Based Madness Manip requires a resistance to Biological Manip or something of the like. If someone can rewire the nerves of the brain then appropriate resistance to such an ability is required

While Incomprehensible Based Mind Manip is basically a physiology thing

The thing that negates all madness manip is actually just being insane. You can't drive someone mad, if they're already mad

Uh, no

Biological Based Madness Manip requires a resistance to Biological Manip or something of the like. If someone can rewire the nerves of the brain then appropriate resistance to such an ability is required

While Incomprehensible Based Mind Manip is basically a physiology thing

The thing that negates all madness manip is actually just being insane. You can't drive someone mad, if they're already mad
you can drive them further mad but that is potency based

Well 99% of the time anyways, Nagito was never exactly mentally sound and Junko could still brainwash him into despair, there‘s different types of madness and qualifying for one doesn’t mean you can’t be forcibly converted to another

Well 99% of the time anyways, Nagito was never exactly mentally sound and Junko could still brainwash him into despair, there‘s different types of madness and qualifying for one doesn’t mean you can’t be forcibly converted to another
Cap, Nagito was always mentally sound.

Not 25, but;

1.) CRTs for smaller verses and their pages, that never get accepted due to lack of input. Bonus points if said pages getting deleted due to being outdated.

2.) The bi-weekly Goku Tier 1 upgrade thread.

3.) Matches that get bumped 50 times to no avail. Shoutout to Peppersalt though, never gives up

4 ) Discord scaling. The Vs. Side of Discord is scary.

Not 25, but;

1.) CRTs for smaller verses and their pages, that never get accepted due to lack of input. Bonus points if said pages getting deleted due to being outdated.

2.) The bi-weekly Goku Tier 1 upgrade thread.

3.) Matches that get bumped 50 times to no avail. Shoutout to Peppersalt though, never gives up

4 ) Discord scaling. The Vs. Side of Discord is scary.
1. True, this is sad.
2. Faxx, when is everyone gonna realize he got hurt by a bullet.
3. He really doesn't. I've been waiting for this certain Witch vs Witch thread to get traction for a while and I'm 200% percent sure he's the only reason the thread didn't fall apart and vanish from the site.
4. VS debating wouldn't be funny without the chaos. We need a few chaotic debaters, a few trolls, a few bad scalers, and even a few "I just lost, so I'm gonna pack you" debaters. Without it, VS Debating would feel like a 9 - 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back