• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Counterpoint, if that is the end result......... then where would Anubis actually be located.
Do you think Star Platinum just chills inside Jotaro when he isn't out?

This isn't a counterpoint, it's just not understanding how Stands function. If you want to argue he must be bound to something, that's false, he'd probably demanifest, now, whether or not that affects him, or finally gets him killed, who knows, we can't say, but I'm not here to argue that type of conjecture. I'm just telling you how he works based on what we actually know, and in this case, there's literally nothing saying GE can't transmutate the blade beyond just making stuff up.
If he isn't the snake or can simply choose to not posses it then what, does he lose his entire weakness and just become one with Chaka?
Why are you even arguing this? Of course he isn't the snake, he wasn't the sword either, he's simply a bound Stand. It's like saying Ebony Devil is the doll, or Wheel of Fortune is the car, they're not, they simply use a physical object as a conduit and bound to it to express their powers. They aren't that object, they're simply using it as means to an end.

No, he'd probably just like, demanifest, like a Stand usually is, or even how he usually is given he only manifested himself once towards the end of the fight, prior to that, he just wouldn't be bound to anything more, and thus, wouldn't really be able to do anything, much the same way as how WoF doesn't always need to be bound to a car, but when it isn't, it can't do anything.
I just think it makes more sense for his binding to be passed onto whatever the sword is transmuted into since the item itself isn't considered destroyed in any way, just altered.
Except that isn't how Anubis works.
If the object becomes a living thing, we can't assume he can even bind to it anymore. If that's the case, why doesn't he just bind to a host instead? Why bother forcing them to make contact with the sword? It's because that isn't his ability, he binds himself to an object, such as a sword, and then possesses those who touch the sword.
In the same way Wheel of Fortune can't bind to a boat, or Strength can't bind to a car, that isn't its ability. There's rules. If the sword becomes a snake, he won't be bound to it anymore because it's no longer something he can bind to.
Also Giorno's profile does list the things he can transmute as inanimate objects so that would likely need to be changed in order for it to work on things like the previously mentioned zombies,
Yeah, no, we're not doing this.
You know that isn't how it works, one of many, many, scans has been posted already even, let's not pretend otherwise. Gio's profile will be overhauled when we get there, we're not gonna go and make a whole CRT just to tweak a semantic thing that anyone, including you, knows isn't actually the case, the word inanimate object in the case of the profile, simply means things that aren't alive, that's the intent behind the way it's worded, we're not doing a half-assed CRT just to change a word that conveys what he can and can't do just fine anyhow, we explicitly know he can transmute nonliving flesh, an example has already been posted even. Even further, the japanese uses the word 物質 (ぶっしつ, bussitsu) – "matter" or "substance.", referring to corporal, physical, materials, when discussing what he can transmutate, it has nothing with "can it move", or whatever, even just reading the manga you'd know that isn't true, because he explicitly states as much multiple times.

Don't hide behind semantics when the profile isnt even attempting to say what you're arguing it is.
though you did also mention the fact that stands aren't alive so I assume the part saying he can only effect inanimate objects is probably just true then, which I would still argue a possessed sword would count as animated.
Stands, are exempt, for the most part, because they're manifestations of life force, seimei, which GE himself also uses, Anubis, is post-mortem, his host is dead.

You're ignoring the why behind it.

This also wouldn't even matter, let's get that out of the way, your argument's very premise falls flat because GE wouldn't be transmutating Anubis - The Stand; he isn't the sword, he's simply bound to it, but the sword isn't a Stand, nor is it him, in fact the sword as mentioned was made by said blacksmith, this fact alone, makes it fair game, no different from say, a bullet used by Mista which we know GE can transmutate, the presence of Stand energy, doesn't make it alive nor a Stand.
Acting like it is, is just ignoring the truth of the matter. There is no "I would argue", it's simply not the case. Half this conversation is pointless as it is, Anubis was never the sword to begin with so GE transmutating the sword was always in the cards because the sword was never a Stand.
That's not the same thing, since Mista's bullets aren't Sex Pistols themselves whereas Anubis is just far more direct about it.
Incorrect.
Anubis isn't the sword, direct about what? He simply isn't the sword. There's no debate to be had, there's nothing to be direct about either. Anubis, the Stand, is the jackal-like entity, the sword, is just that, a sword. It isn't the Stand, the Stand came first even. It is, quite literally, no different than how Ebony Devil possesses objects as a conduit, but the doll isn't Ebony Devil.

That weird thing, is the actual Stand.

This is a whole Stand category, they're bound Stands. They're bound to corporal objects, hence why they can be seen and even touched by non-Stands.

Mista's bullets can be turned into things, despite having Stand energy imbued within them, as we see in the Green Day arc. Stand energy, by virtue, is then not something strictly untouched by GE's ability. We know why Stands can't be turned, and we know why living things can't be turned, and we know what he can turn. The rule is simply they can't be alive. Anubis' qualifies, it's just a sword that a Stand happens to be bound to, the sword is a corporal non-living object, when GE turns it into something, he isn't turning Anubis the Stand into something, but rather just the blade.
Also, kinda surprised that there isn't a page or something regarding 'animate objects' considering how common of a topic point that is and how much confusion it can bring some people.
This is the first time on this forum this has ever been a problem. It shouldn't even be one, you're arguing semantics, not even in regards to JoJo, but semantics regarding the very word itself.

Do you think Star Platinum just chills inside Jotaro when he isn't out?

This isn't a counterpoint, it's just not understanding how Stands function. If you want to argue he must be bound to something, that's false, he'd probably demanifest, now, whether or not that affects him, or finally gets him killed, who knows, we can't say, but I'm not here to argue that type of conjecture. I'm just telling you how he works based on what we actually know, and in this case, there's literally nothing saying GE can't transmutate the blade beyond just making stuff up.
You've said it yourself that Anubis isn't like other stands, Star Platinum is not literally bound to Jotaro's body. Bound stands function on a completely different logic that any other stand in the series, due to them being stands physically bound to specific items that are in the real world. Every example you tried to use to go against it has been for non-bound stands that just don't apply to this logic at all due to not literally being the object in question. We have never been given any indication that Anubis chooses to be bound to the sword since he outright states that his stand user made him, he was always a sword with a stand inside it. Which itself leads to different questions of how that applies to things like animate objects, if the sword itself classifies as a stand, ect. But I agree that it's conjecture and likely doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of the fight due to how unlikely it is to occur in the first place.

Why are you even arguing this? Of course he isn't the snake, he wasn't the sword either, he's simply a bound Stand. It's like saying Ebony Devil is the doll, or Wheel of Fortune is the car, they're not, they simply use a physical object as a conduit and bound to it to express their powers. They aren't that object, they're simply using it as means to an end.
Ebony Devil and Wheel of Fortune are also different examples. While I do admit that they are also bound stands so it's a better one than Platinum or Pistols, neither of those two are stands that were specifically created in that way, they are amplification stands that are capable of applying their abilities to the specific objects that they go into. Anubis is one of a kind and there is never any indication that he's capable of leaving his bound status, he quite literally is considered the sword itself with there being no indication of them being fundamentally different.

Except that isn't how Anubis works.
If the object becomes a living thing, we can't assume he can even bind to it anymore. If that's the case, why doesn't he just bind to a host instead? Why bother forcing them to make contact with the sword? It's because that isn't his ability, he binds himself to an object, such as a sword, and then possesses those who touch the sword.
In the same way Wheel of Fortune can't bind to a boat, or Strength can't bind to a car, that isn't its ability. There's rules. If the sword becomes a snake, he won't be bound to it anymore because it's no longer something he can bind to.
You mean besides the fact he's never shown any indication of being capable of binding to other things? Hell it's not even stated to be an ability of his to bind to an object, just that he's was created as one. If the sword is Anubis' actual body then yeah his bound nature would stay because it's still his body

This also wouldn't even matter, let's get that out of the way, your argument's very premise falls flat because GE wouldn't be transmutating Anubis - The Stand; he isn't the sword, he's simply bound to it, but the sword isn't a Stand, nor is it him, in fact the sword as mentioned was made by said blacksmith, this fact alone, makes it fair game, no different from say, a bullet used by Mista which we know GE can transmutate, the presence of Stand energy, doesn't make it alive nor a Stand.
Acting like it is, is just ignoring the truth of the matter. There is no "I would argue", it's simply not the case. Half this conversation is pointless as it is, Anubis was never the sword to begin with so GE transmutating the sword was always in the cards because the sword was never a Stand.
I wasn't familiar with that scan, but again that doesn't say that Anubis' abilities is to just posses any swords. I'm not arguing that stand energy is what causing Anubis to count as alive, I'm arguing the fact that he is literally the sword itself is what count's it/the fact that he's capable of persisting to the blade even if it's destroyed.

Incorrect.
Anubis isn't the sword, direct about what? He simply isn't the sword. There's no debate to be had, there's nothing to be direct about either. Anubis, the Stand, is the jackal-like entity, the sword, is just that, a sword. It isn't the Stand, the Stand came first even. It is, quite literally, no different than how Ebony Devil possesses objects as a conduit, but the doll isn't Ebony Devil.

That weird thing, is the actual Stand.

Yeah, I know the Anubis soul is the true face of the stand, but with everything the arc showcases the sword is considered Anubis' true body.

Mista's bullets can be turned into things, despite having Stand energy imbued within them, as we see in the Green Day arc. Stand energy, by virtue, is then not something strictly untouched by GE's ability. We know why Stands can't be turned, and we know why living things can't be turned, and we know what he can turn. The rule is simply they can't be alive. Anubis' qualifies, it's just a sword that a Stand happens to be bound to, the sword is a corporal non-living object, when GE turns it into something, he isn't turning Anubis the Stand into something, but rather just the blade.
Mista's bullets aren't animate objects nor are they bound stands. I'm not going to continue this argument because it is incredibly conjecture based but for a final note

This is the first time on this forum this has ever been a problem. It shouldn't even be one, you're arguing semantics, not even in regards to JoJo, but semantics regarding the very word itself.
Dude, that is wrong on so many levels lol. People have done the semantics a month ago, people have done semantics on it months ago, people have talked about it a year ago, and people will do so again in the future. This is just a thing that happens, it's a topic that comes up now and then and while it's not constantly being talked about, it's disingenuous to claim this is the first time to have ever been a problem. The animate object argument is one as old as time, though I have lost interest of this topic simply due to how largely irrelevant it is to the post itself

Because of the fact that Giorno would have to actively command them to land on a metal sword, which realistically provides 0 forms of advantage for him
Oh I don't know, create alot of files to distract Anubis and getting his host mindlessly Slashing at the air to sending them away?

And you have no proof that the transmutation would kill or end the possession effect of Anubis. You are both claiming that the sword isn't alive and that Anubis is just bound to it, which means he isn't directly tied enough to it to be considered animate or 'alive' to begin with.
Transmutation of the Sword's Matter should kill him. As we only ever see him bound himself to the sword and not any other object, I don't think it is ever established anywhere in JoJo that bound Stands can just move to other objects upon their destruction.

Even if you want to say it won't, if Anubis does get transmuted, then Giorno still basically wins. A banana wouldn't really be an effective weapon for its host to use.

And as @Chariot190 said, Giorno could just transform the sword into a living creature and command it to flee the battlefield. Anubis won't be able to do anything if Giorno does this, thus Giorno wins by BFR.

Oh I don't know, create alot of files to distract Anubis and getting his host mindlessly Slashing at the air to sending them away?
Anubis just likely wouldn't care, he tends to just ignore everything except his opponents anyway.

Also, doing some extra research because Giorno's profile is extra butt. Seems like the part of him commanding the creatures might just be wrong outright which is always lovely to see

Transmutation of the Sword's Matter should kill him. As we only ever see him bound himself to the sword and not any other object, I don't think it is ever established anywhere in JoJo that bound Stands can just move to other objects upon their destruction.
As the other guy said, bound stands can bound to anything as long as their abilities allow it. For example, Wheel of Fortune to cars or Strength with boats. Main issue is Anubis was never stated to have this trait and acts as if he was born inside the sword and is one with it. Any other bound stand save for maybe Superfly is perfectly capable of just leaving it's object and moving to another one.

Even if you want to say it won't, if Anubis does get transmuted, then Giorno still basically wins. A banana wouldn't really be an effective weapon for its host to use.
Not an effective weapon, but it's the ultimate counter-tool when it has built in attack reflection

Though, again, I kinda lost interest in the whole transmutation argument due to just how unlikely it is to occur and how back and forth it just is. My votes stays with Anubis due to its better physical stats and if Giorno tries to transmute the sword then Anubis is just going to cut through or around the fist

Anubis is inflicting the damage. It'd reflect to him, but, because the host isn't actually tied to him in the way a Stand usually is
I never really stated or implied that.

Anubis is inflicting the damage. It'd reflect to him,
But in this scenario, the host of the would still be attempting to attack one of the creatures created by Giorno's ability.

Giorno's profile states that any damage inflicted on the creatures he creates is reflected back to the attacker. Since the host was the one holding and using the weapon, the damage should be reflected onto them as well. The host's own body would still count as an attacker right?
As just a couple examples, Anubis in character actively uses his phasing to avoid everything but the target, the fact he even goes as far to avoid Pol's shirt, says a lot.
Well, I suppose that would be a good counter to Giorno using flying insects to get the Anubis host to directly attack them.

However, I still think that given enough time, Giorno could create a trap by tricking the host into stepping on an ant or scorpion.

Even if the host is cautious about attacking any creatures Giorno creates, Giorno could potentially lure them into a more elaborate trap involving multiple transformed creatures.

No, he could transmutate a zombie going by the actual rules of his Stand.
My bad. Haven't really seen part 5 all through in awhile. Though I this reinforces my original point even more. That he can transmute anything, regardless of it moves or not.

Could he though.
We've only ever seen him turn things, into other things, not turn something into a bunch of things.
He could probably turn the sword into a plant or something easy to break, but no real reason to assume he could turn the sword into a bunch of seperate objects
Kinda. He did turn apart of a stand arrow into a bunch of ants. But it doesn't really even need to be the thing I specified. It could be any small or easily breakable thing that would fall out of someones hand.

Also, doing some extra research because Giorno's profile is extra butt. Seems like the part of him commanding the creatures might just be wrong outright which is always lovely to see
You first made the argument the Giorno had to manually commands his creatures to control them, not me. But whether he has to or not doesn't really change my opinion much.

My votes stays with Anubis due to its better physical stats and if Giorno tries to transmute the sword then Anubis is just going to cut through or around the fist
Counted.

Though i feel like you're making Giorno out to be more naive then he actually is.

You first made the argument the Giorno had to manually commands his creatures to control them, not me. But whether he has to or not doesn't really change my opinion much.
That's because I was using his profile, which now seems to be screwed in multiple different ways.

Though i feel like you're making Giorno out to be more naive then he actually is.
I'm not, I'm just saying it's hard to pull off all those fancy tricks when your opponent is going to either actively ignore them or counters them via attacking normally.

I also feel like Giorno has alot of time to plan around, given the starting distance.
Planning around can help in some aspects, but he's not going to aware of Anubis' extra nonsense like him just phasing through everything except his intended target. Plus if Giorno does try to use tactics that fail Anubis might likewise catch onto what Giorno is trying to do and just start avoiding things, such as Giorno turning his brooch into a frog in order to block an Anubis strike. Anubis wouldn't know what Giorno was planning but even with all his arrogance he would be perfectly capable of figuring out that Giorno wants him to attack animals for one reason or another.

You've said it yourself that Anubis isn't like other stands,
I said he was a post-mortem Stand. He still manifests and demanifests? This isn't an argument, we know for a fact that's the case.
Star Platinum is not literally bound to Jotaro's body.
Yes it is? That's literally why damage transfers between them according to Standology.
Bound stands function on a completely different logic that any other stand in the series, due to them being stands physically bound to specific items that are in the real world.
Yuh huh, Anubis is one such case though. So the argument remains the same.
Every example you tried to use to go against it has been for non-bound stands that just don't apply to this logic at all due to not literally being the object in question. We have never been given any indication that Anubis chooses to be bound to the sword since he outright states that his stand user made him, he was always a sword with a stand inside it.
Except, ya know, bad translation, nice try.

What he says is この「アヌビス神」の本体は500年前この剣を作った刀鍛冶…そのスタンドだけが生きている

"The real body of this 'Anubis God' is the swordsmith who made this sword 500 years ago... Only his Stand remains alive."

He doesn't say he's the sword, nor that the blacksmith created him as the sword. He strictly says this his original body is the blacksmith that made the sword 500 years ago, he doesn't say "me", in fact, te way its worded,

この (kono) / This ( indicating something near the speaker, aka Anubis)
「アヌビス神」(Anubisu-shin): Anubis God (the name of the Stand, referring to the Egyptian god Anubis, which, well no shit)
の (no): a particle, meaning "of" or "belonging to"
This connects the "Anubis God" with "本体" (real body) in the following bit.
本体 (hontai): Real body, true form.
は (wa): Topic marker, this indicates the subject of the sentence.
500年前 (gohyaku-nen mae): 500 years ago, which uh, don't think I need to elaborate.
この (kono): This as above.
  • Referring to "この剣" (this sword).
剣 (ken): Sword
を (o): Object marker, which is used to indicate what that verb is being used on.
作った (tsukutta): Made (past tense of the word 作る, "to make")
刀鍛冶 (katanakaji): Swordsmith
その (sono): That (indicating something close to the listener or just mentioned, like in context of JoJo, memories of that blood come to mind, sono chi no sadame)
スタンド (sutando)
だけ (dake)
: Only
が (ga): Subject particle
生きている (ikite iru): alive, to be exact, it's a present progressive form of 生きる, "to live".

This comes out as like
"The main body of this 'Anubis God' is the swordsmith who made this sword 500 years ago... Only his Stand remains alive."

He doesn't actually say what you're claiming he says.
Do you even check before you argue? This seems to a common occurence at this point.

And even if that was true. The sword isn't a Stand, the Stand is inside it, doesn't change the fact the sword itself isn't a Stand.

Hell I even went and checked the other examples, Anubis at no point EVER says he's the sword, even in scenes like "im being broken apart", he doesnt actually say "im", the original text doesnt actually specify, he just exclaims that the sword is being broken to bits, hell Anubis even uses particles that imply the sword is an object to him even but that's beside the point.
Which itself leads to different questions of how that applies to things like animate objects, if the sword itself classifies as a stand, ect. But I agree that it's conjecture and likely doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of the fight due to how unlikely it is to occur in the first place.
It doesn't, the sword is a sword, this is the Stand.

Can we not pretend otherwise?
Ebony Devil and Wheel of Fortune are also different examples. While I do admit that they are also bound stands so it's a better one than Platinum or Pistols, neither of those two are stands that were specifically created in that way, they are amplification stands that are capable of applying their abilities to the specific objects that they go into.
Yeah hate to break it to you but, you're just kind of wrong. All 3 are Bound Stands. Anubis is too. Anubis isn't explicitly stated to have been created alongside the sword, you're using a fantranslation that took liberties in assumptions, that doesn't make it true.

The only difference between them, and Anubis, is that Anubis is post-mortem. Actually, Superfly would be an example of a Stand almost identical to how Anubis functions. They're both Stands bound to an object that can move between hosts and stated to be capable of surving without their original body.

Sex Pistols, doesn't change the fact the bullets, are explicitly noted to contain Stand energy, yet GE can transmutate them because they aren't actually the Stand itself nor alive, much like how Anubis, the Stand, is simply residing in said sword, but said sword isn't him.
Anubis is one of a kind and there is never any indication that he's capable of leaving his bound status, he quite literally is considered the sword itself with there being no indication of them being fundamentally different.
Except, ya know, he isn't. Stop making stuff up. he's a post-mortem bound Stand, nothing more, nothing less.
The very fact he refers to it as an object, and the fact the sword was made by just some dude, means the sword isn't a Stand. The fact they explicitly note the Stand resides in the sword, is explicit confirmation that the sword isn't the Stand itself.
You mean besides the fact he's never shown any indication of being capable of binding to other things?
Indeed, so we can't assume he can bind to other objects much the same way Strength couldn't.
Hell it's not even stated to be an ability of his to bind to an object,
No, but it is stated he isn't the sword and simply binds to it, which, ya know, means the exact same thing?
just that he's was created as one.
They, don't actually say that, anywhere. You're spekaing from ignorance.
If the sword is Anubis' actual body then yeah his bound nature would stay because it's still his body
The sword is just a sword made by some dude, Anubis' actual body, the blacksmith, is dead, hell Anubis flatout says THAT's his real body. The sword, is simply stated to be something he resides in, but again, not sure how many times you need to be told this, residing in it won't magically make the sword itself a Stand, it isn't, it's a conduit.
I wasn't familiar with that scan, but again that doesn't say that Anubis' abilities is to just posses any swords. I'm not arguing that stand energy is what causing Anubis to count as alive, I'm arguing the fact that he is literally the sword itself is what count's it/the fact that he's capable of persisting to the blade even if it's destroyed.
And I'm telling you, you're wrong.

He isn't literally the sword, they never actually say that, they use wording that makes it clear it's a possession, and they even differentiate between Anubis' real body (that being the blacksmith, which alone tells us the sword isn't his real body, he originally acted as just a bound Stand as his source of manifestation was the smith, not the blade. If it was the blade, the blade would be his main body, much like Les Feuilles' main body). We know that Anubis' Stand body is the jackal-like entity. We know that ANubis the Stand resides in the blade as opposed to being the blade because they say as much. And we know the sword itself was a normal corporal material sword made by just a dude, making it a non-living physical object.

Every piece of information we have goes against your premise, what we actually know, doesn't tell us "The sword itself is alive and a Stand", just that a Stand resides within it.
Yeah, I know the Anubis soul is the true face of the stand, but with everything the arc showcases the sword is considered Anubis' true body.
No? His true body is the blacksmith, he literally says that himself.
この「アヌビス神」の本体は500年前この剣を作った刀鍛冶…
"The real body of this 'Anubis God' is the swordsmith who made this sword 500 years ago..."

The sword, is just a sword he's bound to. We know the sword isn't the Stand Body. We know the sword isn't his real body. We know the sword is a physical non-living manmade construct.

You are literally doing the equilavent of arguing Ebony Devil's doll is the Stand itsef when we know it isn't.
Mista's bullets aren't animate objects nor are they bound stands.
Mista's bullets are explicitly noted to contain Stand energy, enabling him to interact with Stands, they say as much in guides, but also in Part 7

WHERE SEX PISTOLS AND ANUBIS ARE DIRECTLY USED AS EXAMPLES OF THE SAME TYPE OF ABILITY.

Sex Pistols and Anubis BOTH literally do the same thing, they imbue corporal objects, that being a gun and a sword, with their energy, but that doesn't make them THE object.

Hell the wording here even seperates Anubis and the sword.
I'm not going to continue this argument because it is incredibly conjecture based but for a final note
Sex Pistols and Anubis, quite literally, used as prime examples. Hate to say it but, you;'re just kind of wrong here, arguing off faulty translations while ignoring everything we actually know.
Dude, that is wrong on so many levels lol. People have done the semantics a month ago, people have done semantics on it months ago, people have talked about it a year ago, and people will do so again in the future. This is just a thing that happens, it's a topic that comes up now and then and while it's not constantly being talked about, it's disingenuous to claim this is the first time to have ever been a problem. The animate object argument is one as old as time, though I have lost interest of this topic simply due to how largely irrelevant it is to the post itself
What? That isn't JoJo, nobody ever, but you, has argued this semantic issue in GE's case, because everyone knows what the profile means, because the actual scans clairify, inanimate in the sense they aren't alive, because that's the rule given.

I don't give a damn if Bill Cypher is subject to linguistics, just use his feats, he can do what they say and show he can do. Just like how GE can affect what they say and show he can. You're hung up on literal semantics while ignoring in such cases there's elaboration.

Kinda. He did turn apart of a stand arrow into a bunch of ants.
No he didn't, he turned his blood drops into ants that splattered when King Crimson blew his arm off. Which is what I mean, even there, it wasn't one whole object but a handful of drops of blood. The ants then ate the arrow, causing it to snap given the end of it is just wood, the special part is the head.

What? That isn't JoJo, nobody ever, but you, has argued this semantic issue in GE's case, because everyone knows what the profile means, because the actual scans clairify, inanimate in the sense they aren't alive, because that's the rule given.

I don't give a damn if Bill Cypher is subject to linguistics, just use his feats, he can do what they say and show he can do. Just like how GE can affect what they say and show he can. You're hung up on literal semantics while ignoring in such cases there's elaboration.
Not reading the rest of it because, as I said, I lost interest and don't want to argue on something that is pointless to the part at hand. However you said 'This is the first time on this forum this has ever been a problem. It shouldn't even be one, you're arguing semantics, not even in regards to JoJo, but semantics regarding the very word itself.'. If you ment this post than fair enough, but that entire point was to clarify that 'inanimate objects' is not as obvious of a word as you claim it is. There are countless ways the word can be interpreted due to how it works in fiction, I was only hung up on semantics due to the profile itself being misleading.

Not reading the rest of it because, as I said, I lost interest and don't want to argue on something that is pointless to the part at hand.
Don't spread misinfo at least.
However you said 'This is the first time on this forum this has ever been a problem. It shouldn't even be one, you're arguing semantics, not even in regards to JoJo, but semantics regarding the very word itself.'. If you ment this post than fair enough, but that entire point was to clarify that 'inanimate objects' is not as obvious of a word as you claim it is. There are countless ways the word can be interpreted due to how it works in fiction, I was only hung up on semantics due to the profile itself being misleading.
I mean obviously I was talking about GE in particular? Why would I be talking about Bill?
The profile using the word inanimate object, in GE's case, has never once ever been a problem, as everyone who's read it understood, he can't turn living objects. The profile uses the word "inanimate" to convey that, the semantics of what that word truly entails has never been a issue because the scans themselves and the manga itself elaborate excatly what constitues said inanimate object, that being if it's alive or not.

I mean obviously I was talking about GE in particular? Why would I be talking about Bill?
The profile using the word inanimate object, in GE's case, has never once ever been a problem, as everyone who's read it understood, he can't turn living objects. The profile uses the word "inanimate" to convey that, the semantics of what that word truly entails has never been a issue because the scans themselves and the manga itself elaborate excatly what constitues said inanimate object, that being if it's alive or not.
I didn't think you were talking about Bill, I thought you ment on the forum in general. Also according to you he could transmute a zombie with it which I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't classify a zombie as inamate due to it by definition being a reanimated corpse, so no the word "inanimate" doesn't properly classify that. However again that's going into semantics that really shouldn't be argued in here of all places. The wording for Giorno's profile is weird and has seemingly wrong information in it, that's where the mistake started and I don't want to extend that any further

Back