• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's be mature and talk abo--Bonk! (Captain Atom vs Green Lantern) (7-1-0) (GRACE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
Two of my absolute favourite DC characters fight again, for the fourth time. First in 87 or 88, the second in 96, third in 08 or 09, and now, 2022, they have a rematch with everything on the line.
  • Hal's Rebirth Key is used
  • They start as 4-B, but then gradually go up to 2-C, and then finally to 2-A. Their AP's are practically the same.
  • Speed equal
    • As odd as it sounds, Hal is actually faster
      • Both can be the same, but Cap rarely ever goes all out. Tho he was as fast as Prime in his Monarch days.
  • In character

The most powerful hero: azontr, Yomi_Schwarz, StekFence, Shmooply, Popted2, Sonicflare9, LephyrTheRevanchist
The other powerful hero: King
Your mom:

Last edited:
For AP, Hal should take this since he scales to a lot of characters that are stronger than their post crisis counterparts, especially due to Doomsday Clock and shit making post crisis canon. Hal could damage parallax amped Superman and barely match his heat vision, albeit with difficulty, has grown many times stronger, survived hits from Darkseid who is definitely a lot stronger than Captain Atom

Captain Atom is one of the weaker heroes. He would lose to almost everyone, john stewart, jay garrick, even Aquaman. The statements of being the strongest superhero are all decades ago, Hal has gotten much more powerful and faster. Hal almost entered the speedforce here, which proves that Captain Atom will be like a statue to him

With them both being in character and assuming they don't actually wanna kill the other, wouldn't they just slap each other around

Most of his hax that he uses in character simply gets dodged or blocked by a forcefield. The absorption will help a lot, so would matter manipulation, though those wouldn't be enough. Speed should be equal or Nathaniel is stomped, and what AP feats prove he won't just get KOd within a few hits?

Most of his hax that he uses in character simply gets dodged or blocked by a forcefield. The absorption will help a lot, so would matter manipulation, though those wouldn't be enough. Speed should be equal or Nathaniel is stomped, and what AP feats prove he won't just get KOd within a few hits?
Speed is equal

And Nathaniel is as durable as GL and can stat amp himself up instant if he wants to.

That's mostly against minor enemies. Against others ,he goes for energy manip and stuff like that.

Yes, he was able to absorb Parallax's energies.

Absorb. GG. As well as the power from his ring.
He can't absorb Hal's power quickly enough since we already established that Cap is tens of times weaker. Also, I thought SBA was in character and bloodlusted?

Hal really does like using constructs to restrain enemies all the time. Its basic GL stuff.

Like you gotta realise, if Cap is Bloodlusted, dude will go straight for 5D bfr and trap HAL there. Or just trap him in the quantum realm.

He can't absorb Hal's power quickly enough since we already established that Cap is tens of times weaker
When was this established again? No, never. You are just using headcanon. As I said, both are relatively the same level of power. In addition, Cap got access to infinite energies of quantum realm. Whereas HAL has limits (thanks jurgens and Morrisons for retconing the cool stuff, idiots I swear)

Also, I thought SBA was in character and bloodlusted?
No?

Hal really does like using constructs to restrain enemies all the time. Its basic GL stuff.
Absorb.gg

When was this established again? No, never. You are just using headcanon. As I said, both are relatively the same level of power.

No?

Absorb.gg
I gave you reasoning why Hal is many times stronger since he scales to post flashpoint Superman. So the absorption will take too much time, a few hits and Cap is out

Ok I admit I was lowballing Cap, I forgot his fight with Nekron and Major Force scaling

Other than absorption and matter manipulation, what win cons he got?

Bro he literally was absorbing Parallax Hal's energies...

Aside from Absorption, he got space time hax, reality warping, creation - can create his own heroes, including likes of Spectre, stat Amps, high Regen, etc

Bro he literally was absorbing Parallax Hal's energies...
Post crisis? Yeah, Hal has gotten stronger since then

Hal can summon Parallax entity himself and was willing to do it in character in Brightest Day. He would BFR Spectre or mindhax him too

Those other stuff simply get blocked by forcefield

Post crisis? Yeah, Hal has gotten stronger since then
No shit, but not Parallax level

Hal can summon Parallax entity himself and was willing to do it in character in Brightest Day. He would BFR Spectre or mindhax him too
Except Parallax won't answer his summons now, would he? Considering the stuff that happened in Hal and Pals, highly doubt it.

Those other stuff simply get blocked by forcefield
Yeah no, Captain Atom can literally energy and matter manip the shit out of Hal's forcefields.

No shit, but not Parallax level

Except Parallax won't answer his summons now, would he? Considering the stuff that happened in Hal and Pals, highly doubt it.

Yeah no, Captain Atom can literally energy and matter manip the shit out of Hal's forcefields.
The matter manipulation of Hal works on a planck scale, the scans are in the Green Lantern Power Ring profile. I think Cap's works on around that same scale? And he can't do that to a barrage of endless constructs clapping his cheeks

Hal took Kyle's ring and could absorb enough energy to replicate Zero Hour. Current Hal scales massively above that level

I don't even know what Planck means. In any case, Cap can transmute all of them with ease. When he was still new to the whole stuff, he and firestorm transmuted a powerful energy attack that was threatening all of earth's heroes.

Also zero hour replication?

I don't even know what Planck means. In any case, Cap can transmute all of them with ease. When he was still new to the whole stuff, he and firestorm transmuted a powerful energy attack that was threatening all of earth's heroes.

Also zero hour replication?
Planck means smallest possible scale. Im sure there's resistance to transmutation and matter manip on hal's or the ring's profile

Yeah, like the Zero Hour rewriting all realities. I forgot the comic issue, but it was the one where Kyle destroys Oa in one hit or something like that

This?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back