• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Another attempt for making a DS matches that not using Tanjiro, and likely the last Akaza match i'm gonna make, after that i'm gonna focusing onto Kokushibo (which i'm struggling right now for finding a good opponents for him)
"After Kokushibo, what are you gonna do?" I'm gonna wait for DS clean up/overhaul revision, which after it's done i can focusing on the Pillars/Hashira's as well

In same time i'm gonna creating some of Kaneki matches as well in future, so hopefully this can be turned out good (while also waiting for his turn on 8-B tourney lel)

As he walked throught the tunnel, Kaneki sensed someone watching him.
He went to the longest and deepest sea tunnel in the world, Seikan Tunnel as he was told that that there is something that await him for fight, and said that many ghouls and the investigators became the victims in that tunnel
He then turned around to see around, but could'nt find anything. Suddenly as he turn back....someone is standing
"Hey.."
Surprised, Kaneki then stepped back and unleashed his kagune
"Hoo....is that a demon blood arts?". Said the mysterious man, amazed by the predatory organs that Kaneki unsleashed
"Demon blood arts? What is that?". Ask Kaneki, confused by what he said. "Are you a ghoul?"
"Ghoul? Never heard that before". Qnswer him, as he preparing himself "looks like you and me are in different races"
Kaneki, as he never let his guard down, ask again "who are you?"
The man smirked. "I am the demon who lived for a long, long time...seeking for being the strongest and satisfying my thirst over a good fight"
"The name is Akaza....and since you are a ghoul, i would'nt ask you to becoming one of us, let's see how you got!"

• 8-B Akaza and Post-Cochlea Kaneki are used
  • Speed are equalized
  • Both are in-characters
  • Kaneki Quinques are unrestricted
  • Place: Seikan Tunnel, night time
  • images
  • Starting range: 10 meters
  • Win via anything!
  • The Kafka Novel's Protagonist, Half-Human Half Ghoul: 0
  • Hakai-satsu Master, the Upper Moon Three Demon: 4 (Helton, Razor, Nierre, Random)
  • Inconclusive: 0

Kaneki.Ken.600.1826987.jpg

VS
Akaza.%28Kimetsu.no.Yaiba%29.600.3114120.jpg

Last edited:
What's kaneki's AP and how potent is his Regen negation? Akaza resists High-mid regen negation, If His regen negation can't negate High-mid then akaza outlasts, LS won't work since akaza can tear himself apart and then regenerate like what he did to get out of kyojuro's hold at the end of the mugen train movie, He also has precog and mobility so Him getting trapped in a grapple or hold in the first place is unlikely.

As for the AP for Kaneki, it's either 12 tons, 17 tons, or 39 tons, but i forgot which one of them that being used

Well, let's start with strength

I will omit the tenths of the numbers, because it does not matter. Akaza scales up to 70 Tons of TNT, while Kaneki snaps a character showing 17 Tons of TNT by his movement. Even by scaling Kaneki 3 times higher than this feat, we get the demon's superiority in destructive power. As the battle progresses, it will come to naught due to Kaneki's reactive evolution, but for this you need to get damaged, recover and continue the fight, which he can do thanks to good skills and mobility.

In mobility, the characters are equal in my eyes. Kaneki perfectly uses all planes to move during the battle, keeps his distance well, and Akaza jumps like a damn grasshopper.

About the distance. As I understand it, the distance of Akaza's shock waves is about 20 meters. Kaneki has similar results, although it is possible and surpasses the enemy by a dozen meters, but this is not the most important thing. The remote attacks of the demon are strictly directed "projectiles" from which you can easily dodge, while the kagune represents additional limbs that Kaneki can freely control, changing the trajectory in the most unexpected places. Kaneki only needs to get out of the line of fire to avoid attacks, while Akaza can be attacked in the back or captured if he tries to dodge.

Both characters have a high tolerance for pain, but the demon's regen is many times superior to the ghoul's regeneration. I can't say for sure whether the suppression of regeneration through kagune will work, since Akaza regenerated after cell-burning attacks. However, kagune's venom acts at the cellular level and seems to still prevent Kaneki from regenerating even in his Post-Dragon form, where he is not susceptible to changes at the cellular level and poisons.

Kaneki's LS also implies a quick ghoul victory when it comes to melee combat. In fact, the same situation that happened to Rangyoku and Akaza in the movie, when the wounded demon hunter held the enemy's hand, may repeat. However, Kaneki is a different situation. He is regenerating and he has never been embarrassed by such wounds as a hole in his stomach. It is enough for Ken to close the distance between himself and Akaza by coming close to him and deliberately exposing himself to the blow. Then he grabs the demon by the shoulders, not letting him tear off his hands and turns it into mincemeat with his kagune, Given Akaza's arrogance and his opinion that everyone except demons are weak, Kaneki can simply get close to point blank to tear off the enemy's head with bare force, and then trample it into nothing. However, for this, again, you need to shorten the distance, which I think Akaza will allow you to do.

Regarding skills, they are equal. However, Kaneki's foresight and analysis of the enemy is completely overlapped by Akaza's muscle reading. However, this only applies to the ghoul's body, but is unlikely to work against kagune.

Thus, Akaza can seize victory at the very beginning of the match if he takes the battle seriously or quickly exhausts the enemy. However, if Kaneki manages to gain strength, he comes out victorious in my eyes. However, I would prefer to see the arguments of other participants before casting a vote.

Well, let's start with strength

I will omit the tenths of the numbers, because it does not matter. Akaza scales up to 70 Tons of TNT, while Kaneki snaps a character showing 17 Tons of TNT by his movement. Even by scaling Kaneki 3 times higher than this feat, we get the demon's superiority in destructive power. As the battle progresses, it will come to naught due to Kaneki's reactive evolution, but for this you need to get damaged, recover and continue the fight, which he can do thanks to good skills and mobility.

In mobility, the characters are equal in my eyes. Kaneki perfectly uses all planes to move during the battle, keeps his distance well, and Akaza jumps like a damn grasshopper.

About the distance. As I understand it, the distance of Akaza's shock waves is about 20 meters. Kaneki has similar results, although it is possible and surpasses the enemy by a dozen meters, but this is not the most important thing. The remote attacks of the demon are strictly directed "projectiles" from which you can easily dodge, while the kagune represents additional limbs that Kaneki can freely control, changing the trajectory in the most unexpected places. Kaneki only needs to get out of the line of fire to avoid attacks, while Akaza can be attacked in the back or captured if he tries to dodge.

Both characters have a high tolerance for pain, but the demon's regen is many times superior to the ghoul's regeneration. I can't say for sure whether the suppression of regeneration through kagune will work, since Akaza regenerated after cell-burning attacks. However, kagune's venom acts at the cellular level and seems to still prevent Kaneki from regenerating even in his Post-Dragon form, where he is not susceptible to changes at the cellular level and poisons.

Kaneki's LS also implies a quick ghoul victory when it comes to melee combat. In fact, the same situation that happened to Rangyoku and Akaza in the movie, when the wounded demon hunter held the enemy's hand, may repeat. However, Kaneki is a different situation. He is regenerating and he has never been embarrassed by such wounds as a hole in his stomach. It is enough for Ken to close the distance between himself and Akaza by coming close to him and deliberately exposing himself to the blow. Then he grabs the demon by the shoulders, not letting him tear off his hands and turns it into mincemeat with his kagune, Given Akaza's arrogance and his opinion that everyone except demons are weak, Kaneki can simply get close to point blank to tear off the enemy's head with bare force, and then trample it into nothing. However, for this, again, you need to shorten the distance, which I think Akaza will allow you to do.

Regarding skills, they are equal. However, Kaneki's foresight and analysis of the enemy is completely overlapped by Akaza's muscle reading. However, this only applies to the ghoul's body, but is unlikely to work against kagune.

Thus, Akaza can seize victory at the very beginning of the match if he takes the battle seriously or quickly exhausts the enemy. However, if Kaneki manages to gain strength, he comes out victorious in my eyes. However, I would prefer to see the arguments of other participants before casting a vote.
If kaneki starts at 17 tons, then akaza starts at a 4 times advantage which is very good for him and I'd argue at this point he'd be able to bypass his regen, He starts with long ranged but if he's forced, He'll go into CQC, At a range he spams his shockwaves that can injure the internal organs of somebody and even break them along with their bones if the opponent is weaker than them, Like rengoku's case. Ken kaneki is mobile for sure but I'd argue akaza is more mobile, He can predict character's moves by their battle spirit and he has precog, he was also able to kill a dojo full of grown martial artist men as a kid, without his demon powers, and he just continued to train even harder by then, He can basically fly and attack mid air with mobility.

I'm pretty sure his regen negation would have to negate someone who negates high-mid regen negation for it to work on akaza, and if kaneki's poison works at a cellular level and so does tanjiro's fire god techniques, and akaza resisted tanjiro's regen negation, he'd resist kaneki's as well no?

LS wouldn't work here as shown in the rengoku fight which you seemingly have knowledge about, and how exactly is kaneki gonna stop akaza from cutting his arm or a part of his body? I don't understand how, and he wouldn't even know that he would do that, and by the time akaza already cut off a part of his body he'd already be out of the grapple, and how is kaneki exactly turning akaza to mincemeat if he has superior dura and AP until sometime in the fight where his RPL Kicks in, and even then they'd be equals, kaneki won't be above, and turning akaza into mincemeat wont do anything, High-mid is regenerating from being blown to pieces, and also akaza being stuck in a grapple is unlikely anyways due to his mobility, he can simply run away from the grapple before ken can grapple him due to his precog and mobility. LS won't work here since akaza has counters to it.

I disagree with them being equal in skill, Akaza is an extreme prodigy being able to take out a dojo full of grown martial artist men (not just regular grown men) while he was a kid without his demon powers, and he's been training for hundreds of years, he's also been fighting people comparable to him throughout those years, not just fodder slayers.

How does kaneki fight? close range? if he doesn't force a close range situation then akaza barrages with danmaku shockwaves that can break his organs. He also won't underestimate kaneki once he sees kaneki regenerating from serious wounds, he won't just think he's a normal slayer although that'd be obvious with his appearance. and even in CQC, akaza is more skilled and has a decent AP advantage for the first half of the fight. Kaneki also has no way of bypassing his high-mid as even at the very late moments of the fight they'd be equal due to his RPL

To push the skill point, Ken's profile says his intelligence is extremely high meanwhile akaza states he's a genius among geniuses in martial arts

Kaneki is on the same level as Arima, who was considered a genius of battles back in 15 years. Characters with very high intelligence and combat skills did not consider Arima a person at all when he was over 20 and his capabilities went beyond their understanding.

Kaneki is inferior in hand-to-hand combat skills, but levels it with fencing.

Isn't it enough to blow his head into nothing to defeat a demon?

About AP. Kaneki oneshoted a character showing 17 Tons and getting much stronger as the narrative progresses. I suppose at the beginning of their battle the difference in AP should be no more than 20-30%

Kaneki is on the same level as Arima, who was considered a genius of battles back in 15 years. Characters with very high intelligence and combat skills did not consider Arima a person at all when he was over 20 and his capabilities went beyond their understanding.

Kaneki is inferior in hand-to-hand combat skills, but levels it with fencing.

Isn't it enough to blow his head into nothing to defeat a demon?

About AP. Kaneki oneshoted a character showing 17 Tons and getting much stronger as the narrative progresses. I suppose at the beginning of their battle the difference in AP should be no more than 20-30%
Akaza is still more skilled, and I don't think fencing is enough to even out the skill Gap, Akaza when he was a kid with little to no training and no demon powers like I said beat a dojo full of grown elite martial artists

Nope, That happened in akaza's fight and giyu where his head was decapitated and he still survived, and even low level demons can regenerate from a completely crushed head, from the profile: "Regeneration (High-Mid; Even after being reduced to a decapitated head, a low-level demon would have still been capable of regenerating if his head were to be "completely crushed")" and upper moons are way superior to lower moons who's in turn way superior to regular demons, as there is only 6 lower moons in the entirety of the demon population. and the lower moons are so inferior to the upper moons that muzan decided to kill them cause he thought that they would contribute nothing compared to the upper moons, and akaza is the third upper moon.

If he massively upscales then I supposed akaza wouldn't have that big of an advantage, but he can spam his shockwaves and anything in his arsenal due to his limitless stamina (not hyperbole), And akaza would be able to outlast kaneki

Could you show me how a demon grows a new head from scratch?
Ion remember the exact scan, But akaza won't need to regen a head anyways, in his fight against giyu and tanjiro they decapitated his head, and he didnt die and not only did he not die he was perfectly capable of fightin

How was he defeated in the end?

And is it really possible to defeat him by destroying the head and tearing the body apart? Otherwise, almost all matches against him will be top or undefined

How was he defeated in the end?

And is it really possible to defeat him by destroying the head and tearing the body apart? Otherwise, almost all matches against him will be top or undefined
He killed himself, Its unknown how he did it, I can send you the chapters, But he tried to kill himself with his own strongest attack but he regenerated, and then he had a talk with his girl from the past from when he wasn't a demon then he just turned into dustn

Put my vote for akaza BTW, And since this is a tunnel, sunlight won't reach them even if it reaches day time, so akaza could just outlast as well with his actual infinite stamina and high-mid regen that kaneki can't negate

Well, I read the chapter and I can say for sure that Kaneki cannot get around this.
After Akaza has shown that he can grow a new head, any attacks are meaningless. All Kaneki strikes are of a cutting, crushing and stabbing nature.
He could defeat his kagune from the last form, which creates directional shock waves, but this is another key.

The only thing he can do is destroy the tunnel along with Akaza so that the rays of the Sun can break through when morning comes. However, here his chances are already lower, because this is the only scenario for victory.

Now I lean towards Akaza.
Nevertheless, I will wait for the other participants before casting my vote.

Well, I read the chapter and I can say for sure that Kaneki cannot get around this.
After Akaza has shown that he can grow a new head, any attacks are meaningless. All Kaneki strikes are of a cutting, crushing and stabbing nature.
He could defeat his kagune from the last form, which creates directional shock waves, but this is another key.

The only thing he can do is destroy the tunnel along with Akaza so that the rays of the Sun can break through when morning comes. However, here his chances are already lower, because this is the only scenario for victory.

Now I lean towards Akaza.
Nevertheless, I will wait for the other participants before casting my vote.
Hmmm, i think what you said already settled the match, but i welcomed the others for solidifying your reasoning or voting based on your arguments

Well, considering that Razor and I have indicated the same reasons, then everything is correct.

I don't think there will be another side of the TG verse who can write an argument for the victory of the ghoul.

My vote is for Akaza.

As the person who is the author of most of the calculations of the verse and one of the main supporters of the verse, I will say that it is useless. Kaneki cannot win due to the inability to bypass enemy regeneration.

As the person who is the author of most of the calculations of the verse and one of the main supporters of the verse, I will say that it is useless. Kaneki cannot win due to the inability to bypass enemy regeneration.
His only chance is to break the tunnel right? So that sunlight will come down

Yes. Attacks that allow you to turn the enemy into a puddle are available only to Post-Dragon Kaneki, and in this key he can only tear the enemy apart, which will have no effect. Therefore, only sunlight remains. With the AP of both characters and Ken's reactive evolution, it will do absolutely no harm to destroy the tunnel, however, the tunnel is huge in length and Akaza can constantly go deep.

Yes. Attacks that allow you to turn the enemy into a puddle are available only to Post-Dragon Kaneki, and in this key he can only tear the enemy apart, which will have no effect. Therefore, only sunlight remains. With the AP of both characters and Ken's reactive evolution, it will do absolutely no harm to destroy the tunnel, however, the tunnel is huge in length and Akaza can constantly go deep.
So this isn't a stomp, only a decisive win for akaza?

Could you show me how a demon grows a new head from scratch?
0016-012.png
0016-012.png
0016-012.png
0016-012.png

0106-013.png
0106-014.png
0106-015.png
0107-013.png
0107-013.png

Akaza is superior to the above. Demons are able to remain conscious even before their heads and brain finish regenerating.
0002-018.png
0038-014.png

0019-002.png
0019-003.png
0019-004.png
0019-006.png
0019-007.png

Also cutting the neck is only a problem from Demons when done with a Nichirin blade (which are made from metal that absorbs sunlight). Otherwise they can regenerate moments after. Even then Akaza adapted to this weakness and can regenerate even if his neck severed or head is destroyed by a Nichirin weapon.

Back