• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Russo vs Misogi Kumagawa (Subjective Reality Users) (GRACE)

Alex's Profile

Misogi's Profile: 7

Rules:

Alex is high 4-C while Misogi is 8-B (End of Series)

Alex is not allowed to have any of her optional equipment

Both have bare knowledge of each other

In-Character

Incap or death (whatever makes the fight fair) (both characters can choose either to kill or incap their opponent)

Speed equalized

Battle takes place in the Sonoran Desert

edit:

also they are 35 ft apart.

Last edited:
All fiction can negate basically anything done to Kumagawa short of EE or Soul Destruction, but only death is automatically negated, meaning Kumagawa needs to actively use All Fiction, so some forms of mind manip can incap him. Mind you he has some minor resistance to mental effects.

All fiction can negate basically anything done to Kumagawa short of EE or Soul Destruction, but only death is automatically negated, meaning Kumagawa needs to actively use All Fiction, so some forms of mind manip can incap him. Mind you he has some minor resistance to mental effects.

turns out she has EE

and she has mind manipulation

edit: she also has memory wiping. (wipe his memories clean)

Last edited:
Apies is correct.

Kumagawa is vulnerable to attacks in the past, and with the way Kumagawa's pseudo-timestop works, I'd say that he couldn't act in stopped time.

Kumagawa has no feats of acting when transmutated.

He sticks a buncha screws in ya, and you lose all abilities and will to fight. He can do this functionally instantly by using All Fiction to erase the time it took him to do it giving him pseudo teleportation. That also, just so happens to be his usual opening move. I really don't see Alex taking the win here.

He sticks a buncha screws in ya, and you lose all abilities and will to fight. He can do this functionally instantly by using All Fiction to erase the time it took him to do it giving him pseudo teleportation. That also, just so happens to be his usual opening move. I really don't see Alex taking the win here.

i think the time travel is instant possibly

and the transmutation could be as well.

i said possibly because i don't know the series.

not to mention time stop is possibly instantaneous as well.

but if your saying taking the win here. are you saying most of the time or all of the time?

well considering she has knowledge i'd assume she would use it.

though i'm not sure at the same time.

because if you have knowledge on your opponent is it like your acting bloodlust or in-character.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but could Misogi erase time, the concept of time or something?

Misogi can use Sealing and Power Null too.

Okay, since they don’t know the details and mechanics Alex probably loses. She can use magic with a thought, but usually uses some motion with a wand or says a spell, since doing the former lowers the spell’s power. Since Kumagawa’s opening move can win this, and is thought based, he should take this.

Okay, since they don’t know the details and mechanics Alex probably loses. She can use magic with a thought, but usually uses some motion with a wand or says a spell, since doing the former lowers the spell’s power. Since Kumagawa’s opening move can win this, and is thought based, he should take this.

i hope this doesn't mean a stomp.

i can change the knowledge thing if it is one if it makes it not one

I would not at all call that his usual opening move lmao. Here's an overview of his fights since he got Bookmaker, but before he got All Fiction back:
  1. vs Medaka (ch 89-92): He started off by ambushing her with normal screw spam, before saying he won't hold back from using Bookmaker. Misogi and Medaka then start running across the school trading blows, and says that he doesn't seem to have an opening to use Bookmaker. He asks Medaka to stop fighting, stand still, and let him use Bookmaker on her, she obliges. They then keep fighting, and Medaka eventually wins because while Kumagawa has his friends on his side, Medaka has her enemies and her friends.
  2. vs the 5 new school council candidates (ch 96-97): He started off getting rekt by most of their attacks, but stood up in a disfigured state. They taunted him saying that he couldn't do anything without All Fiction, and he quickly pinned all 5 of them to the walls and floor with normal screws. One of them breaks free from being pinned, and charges at Misogi. Misogi then immobilizes her with a pile of ordinary screws growing out of the ground. The 5 candidates then concede.
  3. vs Munakata Kei (ch 120-121): They ran down a hall trading blows with each other, Kumagawa utilizing ordinary screws in his hands. Munakata points out that Kumagawwa is intentionally taking attacks, moving to make vital spots more dangerous, all in a ploy to make Munakata give up since he hates to kill people. Kumagawa then takes two attacks to protect another character. Munakata points out that Misogi could've killed him in this time, but that Misogi's trying to find a way to avoid killing. Kumagawa then attempts another attack with an ordinary screw, but gets killed in the process. Kumagawa suddenly regains All Fiction and uses it to bring himself back.
Next, an overview of his fights from the rest of the series, where he has Bookmaker and All Fiction:
  1. vs Hakoniwa Academy Committee Chairmen (ch 128): It's not much of a fight, but he unleashes a flurry of screws at the chairmen, which one of them blocks with a net of strings. It's unclear whether these are ordinary screws or Bookmaker screws, due to the way it's drawn. Kumagawa then says it was just a test and proceeds to negotiate with them.
  2. vs Mogura Kugurugi (ch 151): Kumagawa tanks her punching off his arm, then restores it with All Fiction. He then attempts to attack her with a screw (implied to be a normal one with later context in the fight), an attack which she erases. He gets beaten up by her a bit, some other characters provide exposition, then when she next charges at him, he impales her with Bookmaker. Kumagawa says this worked while his earlier attack didn't since Bookmaker's a minus, and minuses can't be erased.
  3. This also isn't so much of a fight, but in Chapter 152, Zenkichi says that Medaka, Kamome, Ajimu, Hanten, Hansode, and Misogi share a common fighting trait, likely a habit from being an immortal, that they all typically don't dodge the enemy's first attack. Whether it's for belief, confidence, carelessness, curiosity, for intimidation, or because there's no need to dodge. These characters can all be knocked out with an attack that ends the fight in one turn. But Zenkichi warns that such a plan doesn't work if they attack first, or if they dodge out of reflex.
  4. vs clones of himself and his allies (ch 161): We see Kumagawa trading blows with himself with screws that could either be ordinary or Bookmaker screws. Eventually one of his allies suggests that rather than fighting their own clones, they should fight clones of each other. Kumagawa proceeds to take out Ajimu's clone with one Bookmaker screw and a few ordinary screws.
  5. vs Iihiko (ch 163): Kumagawa prepares a few screws that could either be ordinary or Bookmaker, but he gets taken out by Iihiko before he can land any blows. I should point out that Medaka later said that she tried using All Fiction and Bookmaker on Iihiko to no effect.
  6. vs Joutou Kotobuki (ch 171-174): All of them including Kumagawa get de-aged to children. Kumagawa can still manifest normal screws at this age, but is far weaker physically and is incapable of using All Fiction.
  7. vs Shiranui Hansode (ch 175-176): Kumagawa prepares two ordinary screws in his hands, then makes dozens of Bookmaker screws rise from the ground, these ones have flat tips so they can be stood on with no issue. Kumagawa dodges one of Hansode's attacks without dodging. Kumagawa tries to thrust an ambiguous screw at her, but she avoids it. Hansode elbows Kumagawa, impaling him one one of the Bookmaker screws on the ground. Kumagawa then extends one of the Bookmaker screws on the ground, while making its tip sharp, having it pierce Hansode, winning the battle.
  8. Not much of a fight, but in Chapter 184, Medaka wants to travel to the moon herself, but Zenkichi, Hansode, and Kamome insist on joining her. Kumagawa promptly Bookmakers the three of them to shut them up.
  9. vs Medaka (ch 190): We don't really see how this plays out, we see Kumagawa prepare two ambiguous screws, and Medaka start charging at him before it cuts away.
I'd also point out that the only time he erased his own time to perform actions instantly was when he didn't have Bookmaker, and he only used that partway through the fight. Earlier in the fight he simply tried attacking without erasing time, and got KO'd by an enemy's ability before he brought out that pseudo-timestop.

tl;dr He's never started a fight with infinite-speed Bookmaker, and apart from that, he usually starts fights by just attacking with his normal screws. Even if we look at his All Fiction-only fights, he doesn't start those by using All Fiction offensively to EE/incap.

well so who wins.

they both can either in cap or kill

also if they both have knowledge of each other agnaa

would that make them become bloodlusted if they both have knowledge of each other

or would they stay in-character if they both have knowledge of each other

if misogi has knowledge of his opponent would he still act in-character?

Does Misogi go for the kill when he screws them? Cuz if he doesn’t, Alex can just keep resetting to the start of the fight with McReary-Time Reary until she uses her wincon. She has a bunch of transmutation, sealing and EE. She can also just rewrite the timeline since she has both the Book and Family Wand.

Back