• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dracule Mihawk Vs Big Mom

Last edited:
Interesting, AP wise Big Mom with Napoleon scales equally to Base Kaido; who is supposedly comparable to other Yonko (Not sure what form that applies to though) specifically listing Shanks. Mihawk scales above Shanks so naturally he probably has the AP advantage here.

None of Mom's Soul hax are going to work here considering Mihawk was willing to train someone just to kill him; so he clearly has no fear of death. Since the range is so close she likely won't be able to take advantage of range and she likely won't try go for range spamming since in most her 1v1 encounters she tends to go for close combat. Her advantages in this fight will be her flight, high durability, and the intangibility of her homies. She also has her Ikoku air blast.

Mihawk on the other hand holds the AP advantag and is more skilled and spams his air slashes far more often even at close range, also comparing weapons Mihawk has the more durable blade compared to Big Mom's Napoleon.

Going to wait for more input before I vote though.

Haki resists devil fruit abilities and Yoru is permanently imbued with haki.
Not true, there's no evidence Black Blade's constantly exhibit the properties of Haki otherwise Zoro's Shusui would have done so.

Also, Mihawk couldn't damage Buggy with Yoru, further disproving it.

I mean we don't have proof that yoru actually hit buggy, What i think is that his field activates miliseconds before the sword reaches.

Not true, there's no evidence Black Blade's constantly exhibit the properties of Haki otherwise Zoro's Shusui would have done so.

Also, Mihawk couldn't damage Buggy with Yoru, further disproving it.
Black blades are literally made through the use of imbuing Armament coating on to them, Mihawk's is done so permanently. The Monet example doesn't work as via a 'swordsman's desire' they can choose what they wish to cut via their will. Buggy with his fruit could be an anomaly (Which is why he's given immunity) or simply it's a gag scene.

Also regardless nothing stops Mihawk from using haki to resist her fruit, not to mention it's extremely out of character for Big Mom ever to attempt to make someone else's weapon a homie; she

Black blades are literally made through the use of imbuing Armament coating on to them, Mihawk's is done so permanently. The Monet example doesn't work as via a 'swordsman's desire' they can choose what they wish to cut via their will. Buggy with his fruit could be an anomaly (Which is why he's given immunity) or simply it's a gag scene.

Also regardless nothing stops Mihawk from using haki to resist her fruit, not to mention it's extremely out of character for Big Mom ever to attempt to make someone else's weapon a homie; she
If Black Blades constantly had Haki effects Zoro wouldn't be able to stop it from cutting Monet, we literally see him split her in half with the swing, the only reason she wasn't damaged is because he didn't use Haki.

The Buggy thing isn't an anomaly or a gag, Black Blades just don't constantly have Haki effects, there's no actual evidence proving it anyway.

I was just putting the chance of it happening out there, on the off chance Big Mom does turn Yoru in a Homie, Mihawk loses, unless someone wants to argue he can beat her with his little dagger or his fists.

If Black Blades constantly had Haki effects Zoro wouldn't be able to stop it from cutting Monet, we literally see him split her in half with the swing, the only reason she wasn't damaged is because he didn't use Haki.

The Buggy thing isn't an anomaly or a gag, Black Blades just don't constantly have Haki effects, there's no actual evidence proving it anyway.

I was just putting the chance of it happening out there, on the off chance Big Mom does turn Yoru in a Homie, Mihawk loses, unless someone wants to argue he can beat her with his little dagger or his fists.
This is literally how Black Blades are made:
BwYpDoR.jpg
sVVMHk9.jpg

Regardless though you seem to have missed what I posted:

This is literally how Black Blades are made:

Regardless though you seem to have missed what I posted:
It doesn't matter how it's acquired, it's never stated or shown that they permanently have the effects of Haki.

I didn't miss what you posted, I said on the off chance Big Mom does turn Yoru into a Homie, meaning, I know it isn't likely, but it's still a possible way she beats Mihawk.

It doesn't matter how it's acquired, it's never stated or shown that they permanently have the effects of Haki.

I didn't miss what you posted, I said on the off chance Big Mom does turn Yoru into a Homie, meaning, I know it isn't likely, but it's still a possible way she beats Mihawk.
His haki would resist the effects regardless of if his black blade is permanently imbued with it or not.

I mean Mihawk can still apply his haki onto the sword, though it might not be armant thing, which could protect and be a conquerors thing like with law's fruit and how due to kaidos and big mom's haki (prob conquerors) they were immune to his fruit. So turning yoru into a homie is kinda eh, i think she has to close close or something and or touch it for hem to be homies though i could be wrong

Also regarding her creating Homies, we see with Hera that for her to create a powerful Homie it takes her quite a bit of time to do so (and she only thought of doing so after Zeus became useless and after Prometheus gave the suggestion).

I don't think it will be relevant in this battle.

Also regarding her creating Homies, we see with Hera that for her to create a powerful Homie it takes her quite a bit of time to do so (and she only thought of doing so after Zeus became useless and after Prometheus gave the suggestion).

I don't think it will be relevant in this battle.
It doesn't need to be a powerful Homie though, it can just be a fodder one since Mihawk can't actually touch the Homies iirc.
I mean Mihawk can still apply his haki onto the sword, though it might not be armant thing, which could protect and be a conquerors thing like with law's fruit and how due to kaidos and big mom's haki (prob conquerors) they were immune to his fruit. So turning yoru into a homie is kinda eh, i think she has to close close or something and or touch it for hem to be homies though i could be wrong
She doesn't have to be close range or touch Yoru, she was turning everything around her into homies iirc without direct contact.

It doesn't need to be a powerful Homie though, it can just be a fodder one since Mihawk can't actually touch the Homies iirc.
It's only the elementals he can't touch (Like Prometheus and Zeus), regular homies like Napoleon can be touched (as shown with Killer)

Big Mom turning Yoru into a homie is indeed possible, but it's about possible as Kanye West becoming president.

Mihawk takes this 99% of the time and that lil percentage left over is Big Mom winning via turning it into a homie, even then not a wincon. To quote Penguinz0 from 2013. "Yeah take the brick i used to kill that guy with, then I'll just find another brick."

Yoru gets it's durability via Mihawk's own Haki, grabbing another sword or such and boom a new Yoru. This is also even Big Mom can even withstand dozens of blows from Mihawk which he's very capable of doing so either close range or long range. Remember the damage Zoro did to Hybrid Kaido with a bunch of broken bones with Ashura? Left permanent scars on him, that same Ashura attack is <<<<< Mihawk's casual attacks, even his normal slashes would cause grievous injuries to Big Mom.

Big Mom turning Yoru into a homie is indeed possible, but it's about possible as Kanye West becoming president.

Mihawk takes this 99% of the time and that lil percentage left over is Big Mom winning via turning it into a homie, even then not a wincon. To quote Penguinz0 from 2013. "Yeah take the brick i used to kill that guy with, then I'll just find another brick."

Yoru gets it's durability via Mihawk's own Haki, grabbing another sword or such and boom a new Yoru. This is also even Big Mom can even withstand dozens of blows from Mihawk which he's very capable of doing so either close range or long range. Remember the damage Zoro did to Hybrid Kaido with a bunch of broken bones with Ashura? Left permanent scars on him, that same Ashura attack is <<<<< Mihawk's casual attacks, even his normal slashes would cause grievous injuries to Big Mom.
First. Ashura attacks aren't base mihawk attacks no evidence of this let alone no reasoning if youre going of scaling. Second big mom has some pretty good barrier with their conquers haki. And whoever is saying that black blades are constant haki on them thats dumb or oda would of clearly say something clearly its more then that but we dont know so don't go into assumptions.

First. Ashura attacks aren't base mihawk attacks no evidence of this let alone no reasoning if youre going of scaling. Second big mom has some pretty good barrier with their conquers haki. And whoever is saying that black blades are constant haki on them thats dumb or oda would of clearly say something clearly its more then that but we dont know so don't go into assumptions.
Yeah perm black blades just enhance it's ranking and durability. But i mean Mihawk can also just apply buso with his attacks, we just never see it, as its already a black blade, and if i recall when whitebeard attacked roger only his blade turned black not the whole sword, so it's a same possibility with mihawk

His reasoning isn't very valid lol..
Actually you're right I just read it. There isn't any justification to say Mihawk's Casual slashes are far far stronger than Asura's strongest attack and it's not as if he can create another supreme grade permanent black blade at will.

But yeah Mihawk coats his sword in haki to attack regardless of if black blades retain haki effects so Yoru is never being turned into a homie. Not to mention Big Mom will never attempt it, she's literally fighing Kid right now in the manga who utilizes regular scrap metal and she hasn't fought to turn it into homies.

Still voting Mihawk for the Higher AP & Skill advantage.

Big mom is an agent of chaos, she will never think of turning peoples weapons into homies, she'll just punch them with her conquers haki imbedded fist or use her special homies to attack.

Actually you're right I just read it. There isn't any justification to say Mihawk's Casual slashes are far far stronger than Asura's strongest attack and it's not as if he can create another supreme grade permanent black blade at will.

But yeah Mihawk coats his sword in haki to attack regardless of if black blades retain haki effects so Yoru is never being turned into a homie. Not to mention Big Mom will never attempt it, she's literally fighing Kid right now in the manga who utilizes regular scrap metal and she hasn't fought to turn it into homies.

I mean mihawk beat Oden. Who was able to slash Kaido, so maybe not his casual slashes, though his more stronger one's, though we don't know if can spam those.

But kid isn't anything close to mihawk. Second skill advantage is questionable yes in swordsmanship no doubt but not in every aspect and he can coat his attackd in haki but hasn't shown to do it with ranged attacks example would be the ranged attack at white beat that juzo blocked.

But kid isn't anything close to mihawk. Second skill advantage is questionable yes in swordsmanship no doubt but not in every aspect and he can coat his attackd in haki but hasn't shown to do it with ranged attacks example would be the ranged attack at white beat that juzo blocked.
Doesn't matter, it's not something she does in character; She also didn't do it to Kaido if that is a better comparison.

Mihawk can imbue his air slashes with haki, Zoro can do it and Mihawk is the one who taught him haki so he scales to it.

Doesn't matter, it's not something she does in character; She also didn't do it to Kaido if that is a better comparison.

Mihawk can imbue his air slashes with haki, Zoro can do it and Mihawk is the one who taught him haki so he scales to it.
What slash was infused with haki? And it isnt in charctwr cause he didnt do it to whitebeard wouldn't do it to big mom ooooooo.

kk just thought your other thing you said changed you're mind

Also the AP is the same lol

Back