• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dracule Mihawk vs Silvers Rayleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speed is equal
Starting distance: 100 meters

Dracule Mihawk: 7
Silvers Rayleigh: 2
Inconclusive:

V3M2VEv.png

1364984f35fbe8ddd2b12fa2fb62cce0.png

Last edited:
Rayleigh wins if we go by the profiles, Mihawk should win handily if we go by the story.

Rayleigh wins if we go by the profiles, Mihawk should win handily if we go by the story.
I think you might have missed the past few revision threads lol. Mihawk now scales above Shanks, so going by the profiles I think he pretty much bodies Rayleigh now.

I think you might have missed the past few revision threads lol. Mihawk now scales above Shanks, so going by the profiles I think he pretty much bodies Rayleigh now.
Really? Well that does change things, though all the One Piece Top Tiers kinda scale around each other, so it's not much of a difference I guess.

Rayleigh still has significantly better haki via feats and statements though.

Mihawk scales to 26 Teratons.
While Rayleigh scales to 11 or 14 Teratons iirc, so Mihawk has the AP advantage at least.

Mihawk scales to 26 Teratons.
While Rayleigh scales to 11 or 14 Teratons iirc, so Mihawk has the AP advantage at least.
Not sure if 2x makes up for Advanced CoA and pretty high tier CoO (Sensed everything on Rusukaina and accurately determined their individual strength).

Mihawk on the other hand doesn't have Advanced CoA and no CoO feats iirc.

Not sure if 2x makes up for Advanced CoA and pretty high tier CoO (Sensed everything on Rusukaina and accurately determined their individual strength).

Mihawk on the other hand doesn't have Advanced CoA and no CoO feats iirc.
I mean, Rayleigh gets his tier via scaling to Kizaru, and I'm pretty sure he was using Haki when they clashed, so I'm not sure if he can amp himself significantly above what he already scales to.

Also, Mihawk's Haki shouldn't be too bad either (logically it should be among the best, but I understand we go solely based on feats for now). He was able to pin-point Luffy's location pretty accurately in a chaotic war setting among hundreds of other fodder, so his sensory capabilities at least are no joke.

Also, Mihawk's Haki shouldn't be too bad either (logically it should be among the best, but I understand we go solely based on feats for now). He was able to pin-point Luffy's location pretty accurately in a chaotic war setting among hundreds of other fodder, so his sensory capabilities at least are no joke.
Personally, I wouldn't say Mihawk having to use CoO to detect Pre-Timeskip G2 Luffy is impressive, in fact, I'd say it's a terrible feat.

Regardless, it doesn't really compare to Rayleigh sensing an entire island of animals and gauging their strength.

I mean, that's just a sensing feat, it doesn't necessarily translate to his prediction level. Even Ussop has better sensing feats than Mihawk, but I don't think anyone's arguing his CoO is better overall.

I mean, that's just a sensing feat, it doesn't necessarily translate to his prediction level. Even Ussop has better sensing feats than Mihawk, but I don't think anyone's arguing his CoO is better overall.
Rayleigh also predicted the Elephant attacking, it's a fodder feat but it's still above any CoO feat Mihawk has.

I already said Mihawk would win handily if we go by the narrative, but profiles are king here.

Mihawk taught Zoro how to use CoO.

Now, look at all of Zoro's CoO feats, that's Mihawk
The same can be said for Luffy's Haki feats then?

Regardless, Rayleigh has actually demonstrated Advanced CoA, neither Mihawk or Zoro have shown it.

The same can be said for Luffy's Haki feats then?
Nope, because we know that Luffy's Haki advanced to the point of future sight while he didn't have it before.
Zoro fresh off timeskip had Haki feats.
Regardless, Rayleigh has actually demonstrated Advanced CoA, neither Mihawk or Zoro have shown it.
Zoro used Advanced CoA (emission) in Alabasta and Mihawk can do the same.

Rayleigh and Luffy are the only ones to use Advanced CoA in the whole series, they're not unbeatable

Nope, because we know that Luffy's Haki advanced to the point of future sight while he didn't have it before.
Zoro fresh off timeskip had Haki feats.

Zoro used Advanced CoA (emission) in Alabasta and Mihawk can do the same.

Rayleigh and Luffy are the only ones to use Advanced CoA in the whole series, they're not unbeatable
So everything prior to WCI, which are basically equivalent to Zoro's haki feats and arguably better.

I never said they're unbeatable, but when this match is as close as it is (via the profiles anyway), an advantage like internal destruction haki is pretty significant, especially since Mihawk doesn't have it.

So everything prior to WCI, which are basically equivalent to Zoro's haki feats and arguably better.
Good enough, shows that he has CoO in general
I never said they're unbeatable, but when this match is as close as it is (via the profiles anyway), an advantage like internal destruction haki is pretty significant, especially since Mihawk doesn't have it.
Fair, Mihawk knows how to keep distance though, he wouldn't stand there and wait to get internally oofed.

AP advantage w/ Skill advantage, I vote Mihawk

Rayleigh having durability negation is definitely an advantage but Mihawk has passive durability negation with every cut from his sword, Rayleigh can counter with his Haki but unless he goes for a full body coat then Yoru is gonna be inflicting it's own durability negation with every strike.

Could you elaborate?
Well aside from showing advanced haki than Mihawk, he can fight kizaru to a standstill even kizaru thinks they will need the entire cooperation of the navy HQ to fight him (well this may just be because the greatest force the navy HQ has is the 3 admirals so he may be referring to that too)
Well we have Mihawk fighting the likes of vista to a stand still.
Any admiral >>>>> mihawk and vista
Unless u want to argue Mihawk can stand against the likes of old wb, or oden or kaido e.t.c. which I doubt.

Any admiral >>>>> mihawk and vista
Unless u want to argue Mihawk can stand against the likes of old wb, or oden or kaido e.t.c. which I doubt.
Like Gin said Mihawk scales to Shanks who matched Oldbeard, the admirals scaling to Vista doesn't matter much here.

Shanks doesnt scale to WB, u mean their one sword clash?

Shanks scaling to oldbeard is what we dont know
Yeah he clashed equally with Oldbeard and it's accepted on the profiles. He's also stated to be equal to Oldbeard in his Vivre card.

I never knew that "Strongest Swordsman" was a vague statement
Stronger than every one who specializes in swordsmanship?

Stronger than every one who uses swordsmanship and another power?

Stronger than every one who uses another power and compliments it with Swordsmanship?

Stronger than every one who uses a sword ever even if not usual part of their arsenal?

Stronger than every one who uses a knife when they eat?

Stronger than every one who specializes in swordsmanship?
Yes
Stronger than every one who uses swordsmanship and another power?
Yes
Stronger than every one who uses another power and compliments it with Swordsmanship?
Yes
Stronger than every one who uses a sword ever even if not usual part of their arsenal?
Yes
Stronger than every one who uses a knife when they eat?
They're not acquainted with the skills of a knife like Mihawk is.
They use the knife when they want to. Mihawk allows it to become part of himself.
50DZr9H.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back