• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2-C Super sonic is used vs 2-B darkrai (speed is equal)
both are blooodlusted

sonic: 7

darkrai:

incon:

Last edited:
Darkrai due of it starting right off with Sleep Hax while Sonic would try to fist fight the Pokémon, but without dealing any damage to it.

Isn't Dark Void thought based?

If so, then at least bloodlust Sonic so he can use his hax too, otherwise Darkrai stomps

Then incon, Darkrai either makes him sleep or Sonic Time Stops and turns it in a ring.
Actually, Darkrai would need to first pull Sonic with the Black Hole before inducing the sleep hax,

So while it's all thought based, the actions for Darkrai are:

Dark Void -> Black Hole Dragging Sonic -> Sonic is asleep

While the actions for Sonic is:

Chaos Control -> Ring Time and Darkrai becomes a ring

So Sonic needs only 2 actions while Darkrai needs 3 actions, meaning Sonic would incap Darkrai faster with bloodlust

Actually, Darkrai would need to first pull Sonic with the Black Hole before inducing the sleep hax,

So while it's all thought based, the actions for Darkrai are:

Dark Void -> Black Hole Dragging Sonic -> Sonic is asleep

While the actions for Sonic is:

Chaos Control -> Ring Time and Darkrai becomes a ring

So Sonic needs only 2 actions while Darkrai needs 3 actions, meaning Sonic would incap Darkrai faster with bloodlust
You do know that Darkrai can literally just stare at him and one shot right?

Staring is not even a movement tho.
Staring does nothing except if they use something like Jiren's ki glares.

Darkrai also have no attacks that would even do such thing and will do Dark Void anyway.

Not to mention it'll have to cross the distance to Sonic, which is far slower than literally thinking

Staring does nothing except if they use something like Jiren's ki glares.

Darkrai also have no attacks that would even do such thing and will do Dark Void anyway.

Not to mention it'll have to cross the distance to Sonic, which is far slower than literally thinking
Shoot I remembered that it would need just a glare. I recall some glare-based moves tho, gonna show later

ok, so, Darkrai resists Transmutation due of being resistant to the Creation Trio abilities who has it, but not about Violet Void, aka it would depend on which move Sonic uses 1st between Violet and Ring right?

ok, so, Darkrai resists Transmutation due of being resistant to the Creation Trio abilities who has it, but not about Violet Void, aka it would depend on which move Sonic uses 1st between Violet and Ring right?
What does Night Shade do?
(Also why do we always putting out of tier characters against each other nowadays?)

Bloodlusting was completely unnecessary. Thought based hax isn't a stomp if both characters have wincons. Darkrai just gets to his faster.

Because is what Darkrai does IN CHARACTER, not while bloodlusted, where Night Shade is the move that kills an opponent like Sonic faster
That.... isn't what I was asking.

I was asking why a bloodlusted Darkrai would use it Dark Void. You just told me why he wouldn't use it.

Regardless, how would he know that he'd need to use Night Shade to kill Sonic?

As you can see from the animations I linked earlier, as the user glares, the opponent is hit, so its not affected from distance to travel
Actually, there is a slight delay from the moment the move is activated to when the enemy is hit, which means it does need to travel distance to land

In gen 1, 2 and 5 is not the case, as the user activates it, the opponent is affected
Actually, only Gen 1 shows no delay.

Gen 2 and 5 does in fact show a delay in time, and since all others aside from Gen 1 do in fact show a delay, as well as the anime as well, the move actually does need to travel the distance, especially if all later portrayals show it this way

Also from 4km away, it would be really hard for Darkrai to pinpoint Sonic's location and galre him even if it does work this way. And it doesn't

as well as the anime as well, the move actually does need to travel the distance, especially if all later portrayals show it this way
It was accepted that anime portrayals of the moves are just an optional way to use them, all the ways to use them in the canon medias are usable.
Also from 4km away, it would be really hard for Darkrai to pinpoint Sonic's location and galre him even if it does work this way. And it doesn't
Darkrai has 2-B range for its attacks and abilities and has telepathy, so it‘d perceive Sonic location instantly.

Also I can actually make the same argument for Sonic with him having issues at finding Darkrai at 4 km of distance with your argument

It was accepted that anime portrayals of the moves are just an optional way to use them, all the ways to use them in the canon medias are usable.
You just completely ignored the points of all later portrayals of the moves in the games show a delay. Literally since Gen 2. And when most games pretty consistently show that, then we should go by that rather than the single occasion it doesn't

A delay being show is far more consistent than it not shown, and I'm pretty sure in Gen 1 it's likely due to technological limitation on the games rather than it being intended, since all subsequent generations, as well as all showings in the anime and manga too all agree it shows a delay

You just completely ignored the points of all later portrayals of the moves in the games show a delay. Literally since Gen 2. And when most games pretty consistently show that, then we should go by that rather than the single occasion it doesn't

A delay being show is far more consistent than it not shown, and I'm pretty sure in Gen 1 it's likely due to technological limitation on the games rather than it being intended, since all subsequent generations, as well as all showings in the anime and manga too all agree it shows a delay
And you ignored the all the ways to use them in the canon medias are usable part as well, so

Back