• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Hyper Metal Sonic vs Izuku Midoriya

100% Deku is used (Joint Training Arc); Speed equalized

latest
latest

Last edited:
I believe this match was attempted before but I think it died

First off, what's the AP difference?

Ok, to highlight Metal Sonic's advantages:

* Flight, better than Deku's Psuedo Flight but Deku has a better chance with Psuedo Flight than without

* Forcefields, which should defend against Deku's AP advantage as Deku is not far enough ahead to break it

* Speed Can amplify his Speed past Speed Equal with Sonic's Super Peel Out he copied

* Being Inorganic Physiology (Type 2), Metal Sonic wouldn't react to pain as Deku would

How consistently can Metal Sonic use his Forcefields? He doesn’t seem to be able to do much to Deku here ability wise, it seems like Deku has a decent advantage as he can keep up with the flight, has higher AP, and really good pain resistance and stamina.

If Metal Sonic can’t abuse his forcefields constantly, then I don’t see him taking this fight. If he can, I can see him out-lasting Deku and eventually draining him down.

The only real advantage seems to be the super peel out and stamina factor, though Deku can predict the movements of people faster than him in this key anyway.

So the hope here is that Metal Sonic doesn't get hit a lot to wear Deku down stamina wise. Because Deku in this state doesn't feel pain anymore either, it's just a time issue of when his body gives out and he just dies or passes out.

Guys, not addressing our questions and just counting votes isn’t how we should do this. Can you respond and please answer questions about the characters?

Do Metal Sonic’s forcefields scale to his durability? If so, then Deku can definitely shatter them. He shattered a 5.48 megaton barrier with one hit, anyway.

He doesn’t seem to be able to do much to Deku here ability wise, it seems like Deku has a decent advantage as he can keep up with the flight, has higher AP, and really good pain resistance and stamina.
I listed 4 (Which turned into 3) Advantages

* "decent advantage as he can keep up with the flight" Deku does not have a "decent" advantage here, since Metal can actually fly, Deku can't. Central Park doesn't have the tall buildings for Deku to swing from either

* "decent advantage as higher AP" Not too high for Metal to fight

* "and really good pain resistance and stamina" doesn't compare to Metal feeling no pain

He still has the Speed Amp advantage and the Stamina advantage on top of everything else

I listed 4 (Which turned into 3) Advantages

* "decent advantage as he can keep up with the flight" Deku does not have a "decent" advantage here, since Metal can actually fly, Deku can't. Central Park doesn't have the tall buildings for Deku to swing from either
uh... Deku can propel himself with air, that’s where the Pseudo Flight is from. Not sure you read the profile.
* "decent advantage as has higher AP" Not too high for Metal to fight
He did this AP attack with 1 hit, meaning it’s not the best of his ability. Are you going to answer my other questions?
* "and really good pain resistance and stamina" doesn't compare to Metal feeling no pain
Metal still has the damage, he just doesn’t feel the pain. This doesn’t automatically nullify the fact that he can be destroyed.
He still has the Speed Advantage and the Stamina advantage on top of everything else
No, he literally does not have the speed advantage. With Speed Equalized, amps are null. They are the same speed no matter what.

Deku also has the advantages of:

Restraining with black whip

Ranged attacks with air blasts (which scale to AP)

Better at hand to hand combat, as it’s stated on his profile that he’s skilled in it, while metal sonic doesn’t have this

AP advantage still

He has more advantages on Sonic than Sonic has on him, here.

Are you going to answer my questions about the forcefields?

uh... so the only thing that prevent Metal Sonic from being heavily damaged is null? You dropped the point about forcefields? What wincon does Metal Sonic even have at this point?

Also, Speed Amps are allowed, just not if the Naturally Slower Character Blitzes the Naturally Faster Character with it. Confusing, I know.

uh... Deku can propel himself with air, that’s where the Pseudo Flight is from. Not sure you read the profile.
Still fundamentally has limits in flying that Metal does not as he can actually fly. Deku has to attack the air to move while Metal just moves.

He did this AP attack with 1 hit, meaning it’s not the best of his ability
Saying he one shots Metal is NLF, and forcefields would soften the blow even by a little, even if he only uses it once, which is not how we treat it

Metal still has the damage, he just doesn’t feel the pain. This doesn’t automatically nullify the fact that he can be destroyed.
"it seems like Deku has a decent advantage as he" ... "has really good pain resistance and stamina"
I was addressing this because you made this as an advantage over Metal and Deku doesn't have better stamina over the robot

No, he literally does not have the speed advantage. With Speed Equalized, amps are null. They are the same speed no matter what.
And it seems others have addressed the speed amps

Better at hand to hand combat, as it’s stated on his profile that he’s skilled in it, while metal sonic doesn’t have this
Analytical Prediction (Through copying others, which allows it to know their next moves)

Also, while not listed, Metal should have Afterimage Creation from here, which on top of Speed Amps, makes it extremely unlikely Deku will hit Metal Sonic

Deku's psuedo flight lets him outmaneuver Danmaku from tracking laser beams mid air. It takes minimal movement from his feet at best, he can absolutely keep up with the flight.

Saying "he one shot a barrier with better strength than metal has displayed" is not nlf. He just has a distinct stat advantage that is not favorable for Metal at all.

Deku can predict movements from people faster than him, such as GT and Mirio, and Metal's speed category doesn't even note the speed amp being that huge.

If Metal copies Deku's fighting style, Deku would predict him easier than anyone else he has ever predicted, because he got his fighting style from copying others. Metal would be screwing itself over copying Deku because he literally built his fighting style off people he's already analyzed.

Still fundamentally has limits in flying that Metal does not as he can actually fly. Deku has to attack the air to move while Metal just moves.
I didn’t say that, i’m saying it’s not a big hinderance to Deku. Either way, Deku doesn’t have to put much effort into it, and it’s very easily controllable, so he can definitely keep up with normal flight.
Saying he one shots Metal is NLF, and forcefields would soften the blow, even if he only uses it once, which is not how we treat it
I didn’t say he one shot metal. I said he one shot a barrier that has a slightly higher AP than what Metal tanked. I literally said that his hits would heavily damage him, nothing else. Please don’t strawman my arguments. You also never said if Forcefields scale to his durability, are you ever going to address this part?
I was addressing this because you made this as an advantage over Metal and Deku doesn't have better stamina over the robot
I literally never said that he has better stamina, I said he has GOOD stamina and pain resistance. This is a strawman. Metal Sonic isn’t likely to win against Deku if he tries to go for trading blows.
And it seems others have addressed the speed amps
That’s fair enough, but Deku has Analytical Prediction that can predict the movements of opponents much faster than him, and it’s unknown to what degree Super Peel Out amps his speed.
Analytical Prediction (Through copying others, which allows it to know their next moves)
Deku has very good analytical prediction as well, so that doesn’t really matter much.
Also, while not listed, Metal should have Afterimage Creation from here, which on top of Speed Amps, makes it extremely unlikely Deku will hit Metal Sonic
It’s a single speed amp that doesn’t have a set/specific amp, so it’s NLF to say that he’s just going to consistently avoid and Blitz deku.

If Metal copies Deku's fighting style, Deku would predict him easier than anyone else he has ever predicted, because he got his fighting style from copying others. Metal would be screwing itself over copying Deku because he literally built his fighting style off people he's already analyzed.
Also, this ^^^

Also, metal still doesn’t have much to hurt Deku besides just hand to hand combat. If he engages in hand to hand, he’ll get pretty messed up if he’s hit, considering a pretty decent AP difference.

There is actually nothing that normal flight can do that Deku's psuedo flight can't do. I don't know why people look at "psuedo" as if that means anything to how Deku specifically uses it.

There is actually nothing that normal flight can do that Deku's psuedo flight can't do. I don't know why people look at "psuedo" as if that means anything to how Deku specifically uses it.
It's the method. If you say Deku's Psuedo Flight is just as good as regular flight, then the "Float" Quirk was pointless to give to Deku.

It's the method. If you say Deku's Psuedo Flight is just as good as regular flight, then the "Float" Quirk was pointless to give to Deku.
Float helps him maneuver mid air better without being at 100%. Other than that, no, it isn't much help.

He can stay still in mid air now I guess, which is cool. But that's it, and it doesn't affect this fight much since he doesn't stay still when fighting.

The OFA quirks so far revealed were said to be "weak" anyway, so saying its pointless to give it to him is actually kinda the point outside of the extra mobility when not at 100%.

No, because it’s not something he even really has to actively keep up.

Also, the point of the extra OFA quirks are basically just little support. Restraining with black whip to make Melee easier, staying in air with Float is basically just a tiny help so he doesn’t have to constantly work himself and strain himself to stay in the air, Danger Detection is literally just “oh that thing is dangerous”.

None of them are particular quirks for fighting, they’re just support.

Still, I never seen 100% do the same flight maneuvers as Metal Sonic in the OVA
Doesn’t matter, the point is that he can keep up.

Also, Metal Sonic’s only offensive abilities here are

1. Hand to hand combat.

2. Energy blasts, which aren’t even confirmed to scale to his AP, so it might just be completely ineffective.

If he goes for hand to hand, which is likely his in-character move since that’s how him and Sonic fought, he’ll get severely messed up right away.

"Still, I never seen 100% do the same flight maneuvers as Metal Sonic in the OVA" . It doesn't need to?
Yea, if you want to claim he can completely keep up with Metal's flight

Hand to hand combat.
Deku has very good analytical prediction as well, so that doesn’t really matter much.
One is a power(Metal), the other is just being smart(Deku)

It’s a single speed amp that doesn’t have a set/specific amp, so it’s NLF to say that he’s just going to consistently avoid and Blitz deku.
I said with Afterimages. And it's much faster than before which you can see just by watching the movie

I literally never said that he has better stamina, I said he has GOOD stamina and pain resistance. This is a strawman. Metal Sonic isn’t likely to win against Deku if he tries to go for trading blows.

Waiting for Deku to tire out with lower stamina and the ability to feel pain is also an option

I should mention, but Metal definitely has the acceleration advantage over Deku from here:

Acceleration is how fast you can reach your top speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back