• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Psycho recommended this for me

Rules:

Both are High 7-A (Bleeding Edge and Mega Ampharos are used)

Both are 50 feet apart

Speed is equalized

Iron Man: 1 (Oliver de Jesus)

Ampharos: 7 (Fine Point, Elixir Blue, Crimson Shadow101, XSOULCINDERX, Ned the Outer God, Popted2, Garchomp777)

Inconclusive:

Mark50IronMan.png

Mega_Ampharos.png

Last edited:
Anyone know what Ampharos starts with? Having bad luck with the Pokédex entries- all it says is Ampharos has a bright Tail and uses it to guide people. Nothing from its Prevolutions either. Mareep tend to avoid Battles, but have a passive charge in their Wool that would give you an intense Shock if you even tried to touch it, while Flaafy (that the name?) didn’t have anything except that it’d accidentally launch Electric-Charged Hair if it built up too much of a charge.

Last edited:
Anyone know what Ampharos starts with? Having bad luck with the Pokédex entries- all it says is Ampharos has a bright Tail and uses it to guide people. Nothing from its Prevolutions either. Mareep tend to avoid Battles, but have a passive charge in their Wool that would give you an intense Shock if you even tried to touch it, while Flaafy (that the name?) didn’t have anything except that it’d accidentally launch Electric-Charged Hair if it built up too much of a charge.
I dunno, I would check the anime but it doesn't seem that Mega Ampharos did anything in it

Mega Amph doesn't really make any meaningful appearances in the anime. I'd asume it might lead with a dragon pulse or something. Might be best to use with whatever normal amph leads with.

Who has the AP advantage? I can't even find who mark 50 tony even scales to definitively His rating is justified by holding his own against Thanos briefly, drawing blood from thanos, and keeping him from snapping his fingers.

Last edited:
Okay I found Ampharos to be at least 1.5 gigatons from upscaling from thick club marrowak which is double the strength of normal marrowak who I assume to scale to Zard because they both have the same tiering. I'm just gonna assume Tony is baseline unless someone more knowledgeable comes and explains.

Tony has more versatile with flight, info analysis, higher intellect, and ice manip which mega amph is weak to. He also has the Iron Legion to keep amph distracted. I think its a close one but Tony edges this out. I'll wait for more arguments though.

According to the Profile, Marowak is comparable to (scales to) Dugtrio who‘s rated at 7-A Dura for a Magnitude 8 Earthquake, which is rated at City Block level.....
Freaking profiles.

Well, Dugtrio’s Speed scales to Poliwrath, so if we assume he scales to Poliwrath in everything else, that’s cool. And Poliwrath scales to Charizard. Charizard‘s ‘Mountain Melting’ calc is under debate on whether it should be used or not as its a PMD Feat, which has been decided as not canon enough for scaling, and the Charizard who did it was actually quite unique- having even survived an onslaught from Groudon, last I checked. So let’s avoid that.
Ignoring the Mountain Melt Calc due to Controversy, Charizard also scales to Tyranitar, who upscales from Defog. Defog’s calced at 326 Megatons. From which Tyranitar upscales.

In that case, Mega Ampharos > 652 Megatons. If we use the currently controversial Mountain Melt feat, Mega Ampharos > 790.31 Megatons.
I’ll take a more proper analysis in a bit, I’m a tad busy.

Okay I found Ampharos to be at least 1.5 gigatons from upscaling from thick club marrowak which is double the strength of normal marrowak who I assume to scale to Zard because they both have the same tiering. I'm just gonna assume Tony is baseline unless someone more knowledgeable comes and explains.
Tony downscales from baseline 6-C, so he would be around 3.5 gigatons

Daddybrawl, you are using the wrong Ampharos, Mega Ampharos's AP is around 1.5 Gigatons

voting for Iron man, He has better weapons, more intelligence, the voting for Iron man, the lightning will only amplify his armor, and has the advantage of Ap.

Last edited:
Ampharos has mold breaker which gets bypasses lightning rod and volt absorb which absorb electricity so the absorption shouldn't matter, they have some defense buffs, and can lower iron man's speed however the light speed attacks are a problem, I don't know.

Mold breaker works on machines in pokemon assuming it wonder is an nfl confusion and paralysis do as well.

We don't really know how it would affect the suit though. IM regardless has more wincons then amph does.
Why is it that we don't know how it would affect the suit?
Mold breaker works on machines in pokemon assuming it wonder is an nfl confusion and paralysis do as well.
Apologies, but you seem to have mistyped your acronym, unless, instead of No Limits Fallacy confusion, you're talking about National Football League confusion.
& while I'm sure Tony likes a good game of football as much as the next American, I doubt it'll be of concern for him during this.
(Unless Ampharos is actually so easy for him he just wonders which team is going to win the next superbowl. while he beats it.)

Back