• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

10-A Tournament Losers Round 3, Match 22 (Sherlock Holmes VS A.J.)

vote Sherlock due to Physical advantage, analytical prediction and hand to hand combat

Does A.J. have his equipment? I assume just what's standard? He has some abilities because of equipment, though:

His inventions and technology give him access to; Cloning (Initially showing to have an inactive clone of himself[4], later making several active clones of himself[5]), Information Analysis (Via "generic tracking device", which informs the location of other if it has a sample of its DNA. Also informing weight, height and other stuff about the target[6]), likely Teleportation (Teleported Timmy from outside of his house into a room in it[7], although his parents could have invented that as they are geniuses too), Biological Manipulation & Fusionism (Via Gene Splicer, which can be used to fuse beings together by merging one inside another, as well as its clothes)

Though, I dunno if the Cloning is combat applicable, & I'm not sure the Teleportation is practical. I wonder if he could fuse Holmes with a tree or squirrel or something with the Gene Splicer.

For reference:

Standard Equipment
:
Invisible criss-crossing laser highlighter spray, a small laser (Shown in The Big Scoop! while in school without notable prior preparation), a lightsaber (Shown in Operation F.U.N. also without having prior preparation)

• Optional Equipment: A battering ram, clones (a total of four), Generic Tracking Device, Gene Splicer

I understand AJ is smarter, but he hasn't shown any analysis feats, right? The impressive thing about sherlock's IA is not just how thorough it is, but that it happens in a split second.

I understand AJ is smarter, but he hasn't shown any analysis feats, right? The impressive thing about sherlock's IA is not just how thorough it is, but that it happens in a split second.
May wish to contact Efficiente, since he seems to be knowledgeable about Fairly Oddparents, & would probably have a good knowledge of A.J.'s feats.
Looking at his profile & the FoP Wiki, he seems to have several intelligence feats, but if he has Information Analysis they're not documented, hence my desire for a knowledgeable member's input.

The regen and type 2 Immor. AJ has needs to be restricted for Holmes to win. Holmes is way better than AJ in h2h combat but who knows how much higher is the latter's AP, that's still waiting a calc.

The regen and type 2 Immor. AJ has needs to be restricted for Holmes to win. Holmes is way better than AJ in h2h combat but who knows how much higher is the latter's AP, that's still waiting a calc.
That feat is absolutely not 10-A so it shouldn't be used for this match.

Anyway since Efi agrees that Sherlock is a much better fighter I think I'll vote him. Sherlock, not Eficiente.

Why Sherlock being a better fighter even matter, there is no way to Sherlock hurt AJ, I mean, the scal is not even 10-A, thats a rlly high 9-C feat

"Its elementary dear!" FRA
So you're voting that Sherlock incapacitates A.J.? (Can't kill because Regen, based off of what Efficient said.)
Knowing what to do & succeeding in it are different matters.

How does he actually succeed at that? Sure he knows how, but they start at the maximum range of the combatants, extended melee range, right?
Obviously, Homles knows A.J. has a lightsaber & is acrobatic, & A.J. knows Holmes is a skilled fighter & very intelligent.

But it's not like Holmes can set up an ambush to hit him with a blow to the head.

I suppose Holmes has the better Lifting Strength, but how do you do a restraining grab on someone equally fast, arguably more agile than you, & who is holding a searing hot light saber? You try to swat that out of their hands & all you get is a burnt, if not torn apart hand, no?

So you're voting that Sherlock incapacitates A.J.? (Can't kill because Regen, based off of what Efficient said.)
Knowing what to do & succeeding in it are different matters.

How does he actually succeed at that? Sure he knows how, but they start at the maximum range of the combatants, extended melee range, right?
Obviously, Homles knows A.J. has a lightsaber & is acrobatic, & A.J. knows Holmes is a skilled fighter & very intelligent.

But it's not like Holmes can set up an ambush to hit him with a blow to the head.

I suppose Holmes has the better Lifting Strength, but how do you do a restraining grab on someone equally fast, arguably more agile than you, & who is holding a searing hot light saber? You try to swat that out of their hands & all you get is a burnt, if not torn apart hand, no?
If AJ has his regen he stomps the entire tournament without fail and should be removed.

If AJ has his regen he stomps the entire tournament without fail and should be removed.
It might be allowed by the rules to proceed with the match with an ability restricted. It would prevent it being added on the profiles (Due to not following the rules for matches.), but I don't think that stops our tournament from recording it.
& Incapacitation is still an option, presumably. Knocking out, somehow restraining, etc.
If I'm wrong about such rules, correct me.

But even if both are equal in 10-A, A.J. is still more agile & has a dangerous melee weapon that, other than the handle, has few parts where it can be safely disarmed.

I suppose there is the argument that Sherlock should have longer arms because he's an adult & A.J. is like, 10, but a typical 10 year old is like, 138.4 cm, to a typical adult male's 177 cm; A 10 year old might be barely half an adult's age, but they're like, 78% of the height (Although, FoP heights are weird, IIRC. Have you SEEN Timmy compared to his parents?!) of an adult. Unfortunately, I'm not sure on what portion of your height your arm length usually is.

Still, Sherlock MIGHT have a chance if he can use his Hand to Hand Combat Skill (Albeit, it's for boxing, not grabbing.), prior knowledge, intellect, & possibly superior arm length & Lifting Strength (Why he's Above Average Human LS with no justification, I don't know.) to grab A.J.'s arm & force him to lose his grip, THAT might work.

Although, even if he can grab A.J.'s arm or wrist, there's still the possibly A.J. might be able to twist his wrist or something to tilt the lightsaber & burn/cut Sherlock's arm, forcing Sherlock to lose his grip on A.J.
He'd have to get a grip that somehow lets him grab A.J.'s weapon holding arm, & prevents A.J. from moving or throwing the lightsaber enough to burn/slice Sherlock's arm.

From there, it's a matter of reflexes once A.J. drops his weapons, because unless Sherlock can get & maintain a one-handed grip while bending down to pick it up, he would have to prevent A.J. just doing the same if he has 1 or more hand (2 could be if Sherlock lets go to grab the weapon.) free & is close enough.

I suppose he could also just kick it away, but unless Sherlock can kick it away backwards, kicking it inevitably sends the weapon to a point closer to A.J. than Sherlock; Speed Equalized & Acrobatics means A.J. could get to it first, grab again, & repeating this disarming process turns it into a contest of Stamina.

If the weapon is simply laying on the ground between the two of them, A.J. is the closer to the ground of the two. Grab, do a jumping slash or outmaneuver or such, win?

& once Holmes has disarmed Sherlock once, A.J. knows to keep that in mind, presumably.

It seems like there's a lot of scenarios where A.J. has the opportunity to rearm himself, & Holmes lacks a means to win before that happens, & I don't know how their reach compares to see if he can reliably restrain & disarm A.J. without getting hit by the lightsaber.

& between Hand-to-Hand & Acrobatics with a deadly weapon, I'm not sure who wins the melee match-up.

Okay, what's the problem? I've been busy with university.
Regeneration (None usually, up to Low-High), Explosion Manipulation (Exploded out of sheer pain, leaving a brief cloud of smoke, nothing visible of his body and his clothes scattered. 50 seconds later he was celebrating fine how other character exploded while himself almost naked[3])

If AJ has Regeneration applicable (As opposed to assuming None or it only works for exploding.), Sherlock has to win via Incapacitation. Prior Knowledge means they know to, of course.
If he does have it that can be freely used, may have to restrict it, but it would mean the result can't be added to the profiles, I think, though I'm not sure that prevents the tourney proceeding.

The rest of my post is just me analyzing how the matchup goes with Sherlock trying to disarm A.J.'s lightsaber, on the assumption that a laser sword would burn &/or cut through his arm.
Also: My analysis left me unsure on who's in the better position in melee.
To summarize:
Sherlock has boxing hand to hand skills & good analysis, better LS, possibly better reach (FoP art style means A.J.'s arm length is unclear.), A.J. has Acrobatics, & a weapon that makes safely disarming/restraining A.J. difficult (Plus, Sherlock is trained in boxing, not grabbing.), & in most circumstances, A.J. being shorter means he can get to the ground quicker to grab the lightsaber if it falls, kicking it away usually (Getting a weapon out of your opponent's hands AND having it land so you can kick it away BACKWARDS isn't easy.) means it's closer to A.J., who has Acrobatics & Speed Equalized. Meanwhile, getting a restraining grip on A.J. that doesn't leave Sherlock's own arms in lightsaber range is difficult.

Everyone ok with that?
I don't have much problem with it. Profile says "None usually" anyway, bizarre as that is, & it's not that big a hindrance; I doubt knocking out someone with the same durability as your AP is easy.

I don't have much problem with it. Profile says "None usually" anyway, bizarre as that is, & it's not that big a hindrance; I doubt knocking out someone with the same durability as your AP is easy.
AJ has 10-C durability

AJ has 10-C durability
Why is he 10-C Durability when he can have 10-A AP? Doesn't that make him a glass cannon? Also, not entirely accurate.

Durability: Varies from Below Average Human level to higher (Casually resisted being kicked into the air by Chester in a celebration they were doing[16]. Took blows from Francis[17], who karate chopped a tree, broke many metal sticks, discreetly carried a car on his clothes and could fight normally with it[18])

It's Varies. Same with his AP:

Attack Potency: Varies (Due to his Toon Force) from Below Average Human level (That of an average kid. Was expelled from sport clubs[8]. Exchanged blows with Chester[9]) to Athlete level (Lifted and used a battering ram to knock over a door in 1 hit, with said ram having previously sounded to be metallic[10]. Was among kids who threw balls hard enough to bend a wall and a door, seemingly having done the same[11]. Casually lifted Chester above his head and threw him on the ground with one hand[12]), higher with technology (Made a robot that could beat up Francis), able to ignore durability via Gene Splicer

If he doesn't have regen normally, then I think Low-High is more toon force than proper regen, so I don't think it's combat applicable.

It only says "higher" which isn't exactly 10-A. It could be 9-B for all we know

But usually we assume Durability equals AP. Below Average Human is 0 to 40 joules, 10-A is 100 to 300.

With no calcs for where in 10-C or 10-A he's in....

At peak, it'd be AP 7.5 times higher than his own Durability. (300 to 40 joules.)
At averages, it'd be 200 to 20 Joules, 10 times higher.
& at Minimum (1 instead of 0, for obvious reasons.), it's 100 to 1; AP 100 times higher than his own Durability.

Peak 10-C vs Baseline 10-A, it's 2.5. Still a notable & odd difference between one's own AP & Durability.

IIRC, we assume most characters have Durability capable of withstanding their own AP, otherwise, they'd break their arm from swinging it too hard.

But usually we assume Durability equals AP. Below Average Human is 0 to 40 joules, 10-A is 100 to 300.

With no calcs for where in 10-C or 10-A he's in....

At peak, it'd be AP 7.5 times higher than his own Durability. (300 to 40 joules.)
At averages, it'd be 200 to 20 Joules, 10 times higher.
& at Minimum (1 instead of 0, for obvious reasons.), it's 100 to 1; AP 100 times higher than his own Durability.

IIRC, we assume most characters have Durability capable of withstanding their own AP, otherwise, they'd break their arm from swinging it too hard.
A.J.'s profiles blows dog shit we get it

Back