• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

10-A Tournament Losers Round 3, Match 22 (Sherlock Holmes VS A.J.)

Then that leaves the debate where it was previously, right? Reposting for context:
The rest of my post is just me analyzing how the matchup goes with Sherlock trying to disarm A.J.'s lightsaber, on the assumption that a laser sword would burn &/or cut through his arm. Also: My analysis left me unsure on who's in the better position in melee.
To summarize:
Sherlock has boxing hand to hand skills & good analysis, better LS, possibly better reach (FoP art style means A.J.'s arm length is unclear.), A.J. has Acrobatics, & a weapon that makes safely disarming/restraining A.J. difficult (Plus, Sherlock is trained in boxing, not grabbing.), & in most circumstances, A.J. being shorter means he can get to the ground quicker to grab the lightsaber if it falls, kicking it away usually (Getting a weapon out of your opponent's hands AND having it land so you can kick it away BACKWARDS isn't easy.) means it's closer to A.J., who has Acrobatics & Speed Equalized. Meanwhile, getting a restraining grip on A.J. that doesn't leave Sherlock's own arms in lightsaber range is difficult.

Sherlock can totally predict how the lightsaber is gonna be swung. Everything else you've argued for sounds like it can be compensated for by beating the stuffing out of AJ

Sherlock can totally predict how the lightsaber is gonna be swung. Everything else you've argued for sounds like it can be compensated for by beating the stuffing out of AJ
Eh, I suppose he might be able to punch at angles where his arms don't touch the scorching blade. Any screwups would be troublesome.
Beating the stuffing out of A.J. feels like the objective rather than the solution, though. Height difference may make it awkward, but I suppose he can be a skilled enough boxer to accomodate for that.

It's a shame. We know A.J. has Acrobatics & a Lightsaber, but we don't really know what his feats of skill in those respects are, if any.

So I guess I'll vote Sherlock with difficulty, unless, possibly, new relevant info comes to light.

So, if I'm not mistaken, the votes are:
5(?) for Sherlock: Popted2, DaReaperMan, Psychomaster35, myself, & I assume Armorchompy.
As far as I know, no votes for A.J. are currently outstanding now.

Ok, I think I'll vote for Sherlock too (but someone really should change his feats in 10-A justification).

Back