• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

10-A Tournament Losers Round 2, Match 20 (Natsuki Subaru VS Sherlock Holmes)

Only good thing here is that Sherlock can do hand-to-hand combat, while Subaru can do acrobatics.

Subaru is physically superior, however Sherlock has analytical prediction so that's gonna be a problem.

Yeah I don't think anything in Natsuki's profile is gonna be too hard for Sherlock to analyze and find a counter-strategy to.

Vote Sherlock for analytical preditction, hand to hand combat and yes Subaru can't find a counter strategy

Analytical Prediction and Superior intelligence makes it harder for a win for Subaru, so Sherlock FRA.

In theory, Sherlock can think to find a way around what Subaru can do, & predict it well. But being able to not be stopped by your opponent's tactics isn't always enough.
How does Sherlock actually ACTIVELY put down Subaru? Being able to predict only does so much if Speed is equalized & Subaru is physically superior.

Anyway, looking at the profiles....

All previous abilities, except Magic and Mind Manipulation
  • Shamak: Shamak allows the user to be able to trap their opponents in an area of darkness that confuses their senses. The targets become unable to sense where they are; however, they can still feel the ground and understanding what's happening to their body. After abusing this ability causing his gate to shatter, he is no longer able to use it or any magic currently.
A lack of Shamack (Since disrupting Holmes's mind by disconnecting him from his surroundings -AFAIK, that's how the ability works.- would be especially helpful.) is rough.
Also, does that mean he also can't use Invisible Providence, his Hand-Shaped Forcefield ability?

It may also be notable that Subaru probably has a LS advantage.

Subaru:
Lifting Strength: At least Above Average Human, possibly Athletic Human (Threw Ram several meters away. Lifted a wolfgarm that weighs 30-40 kilograms with one arm. Has a grip strength of 70 kilograms) | At least Above Average Human, possibly Athletic Human
(How throwing someone several meters isn't higher LS, I dunno, but okay.)
Holmes:
Lifting Strength: Above Average Human

Holmes can't use info he doesn't have right? So he may not know Subaru can outlift him in melee. This may also help against Holmes, since he has limited invisibility; Being outmatched physically (Not just in LS, if I understand the earlier posts in this thread right.) would hinder an ambush Holmes could try to set-up.

But anyway, is Subaru able to & in-characterly likely to try & wrap his whip around Holmes, or grapple him?

both have prior knowledge

whip is restricted since is 9-C but Subaru has enhanced senses so the invisibility should not be a problem with him

Sherlock doesn't use his invisibility in a fight, and it's camouflage anyway. He also prefers quick physical strikes to grappling. I think he'd analyze the situation and predict Subaru's starting move, then dodge it and follow up on it with a quick combination of debilitating strikes, such as a blow to the throat, followed by one to the nuts and one to the back of the head, or something like that.

Also Holmes can absolutely tell how strong someone is by looking at their movements. It's absolutely the most impressive use of info analysis in live action I've ever seen.

Sherlock, yeah. At least, as far as I can remember, it's been a while since I watched the movies.

Sherlock wins based on their profiles and all mentioned above but I think his weakness about being overconfident can be his downfall here.
Sorry about my English.

Iirc RBD would only kill subaru if he told someone about it.
It only killed emilia that time because Satella was jealous

Back