• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

10-A Tournament Losers Round 2, Match 19 (Chimpanzee VS A.J.)

the **** is that profile

Usually no Regen, but sometimes it's Low-High, does he get that here or not?

Does he immediately go with it? Otherwise I doubt he'll be able to while the Chimpanzee is pulling him apart.

Yeah that makes sense, I'd imagine it'd still take a second to pull it out and activate it while the chimp wouldn't hesitate. Chimp fra

Yeah that makes sense, I'd imagine it'd still take a second to pull it out and activate it while the chimp wouldn't hesitate. Chimp fra
Actually, the saber is already activated when he pulls it out as shown here (11:17)
(Remove the space) https://m.wco stream.com/the-fairly-oddparents-season-5-episode-13-smart-attack-operation-f-u-n

Given this distance, AJ should run off a bit to activate it (which happens pretty quickly) before fighting the Chimpanzee. Voting him.

Last edited:
It should be noted that A.J. has Acrobatics on his profile. The details aren't given, but I'm assuming he's competent enough to evade the chimp long enough to get his lightsaber out, should he need it, if not outmaneuver the chimp entirely.

I'm voting A.J.

how does the monke incaps or BFR?
I wasn't bringing up those as proposals for tactics for the chimpanzee to take, but rather, as info to consider going forward. After all, if future matches with A.J. come up, his Regeneration capabilities may become a point of debate again, so it's better to try & clear things up now; Regeneration does NOT make a character unbeatable by eliminating all of the opponent's win conditions, not even necessarily in low hax like this.

As for how a chimp could incapacitate.... Well for one, it MIGHT be possible to knock A.J. out. Alternatively, if it can somehow restrain him, such as by getting A.J. pinned under more mass than he can lift, or restrained with some kind of bindings like rope or chains. & BFR is somewhat achievable if you can trap them somewhere. In theory, deprival of air (Via choking, drowning, etc.) may also be able to induce unconsciousness.

Sure, the chimp may not be feasibly able &/or likely to do such things (Other than maybe knocking A.J. unconscious, but given A.J.'s smarts, lightsaber & acrobatics, I'm still voting for him.), but that isn't & wasn't really my point; My point is that Regeneration doesn't make a character unbeatable, & even in a tournament like this, there are ways around it.

As for how a chimp could incapacitate.... Well for one, it MIGHT be possible to knock A.J. out. Alternatively, if it can somehow restrain him, such as by getting A.J. pinned under more mass than he can lift, or restrained with some kind of bindings like rope or chains. & BFR is somewhat achievable if you can trap them somewhere. In theory, deprival of air (Via choking, drowning, etc.) may also be able to induce unconsciousness.
AJ scales way HIGHER into 10-A, his 10-A key is not even 10-A according to the scan posted on the explanation, tf? the profile is a mess

AJ scales way HIGHER into 10-A, his 10-A key is not even 10-A according to the scan posted on the explanation, tf? the profile is a mess
I don't disagree that A.J.'s profile could stand to significantly improve, but how do you mean?

Also, often, characters are to be assumed as baseline if they have only uncalculated feats. So what's in A.J.'s justification doesn't necessarily make him higher unless there's something we can clearly connect to some kind of multiplier, scaling, or pre-existing calculation. What did you have in mind?

I don't disagree that A.J.'s profile could stand to significantly improve, but how do you mean?

Also, often, characters are to be assumed as baseline if they have only uncalculated feats. So what's in A.J.'s justification doesn't necessarily make him higher unless there's something we can clearly connect to some kind of multiplier, scaling, or pre-existing calculation. What did you have in mind?
did u checked AJ AP scan? the feat is not even 10-A, it is rlly far to 9-C or even 9-B

I believe I have seen a door denting feat that got calced to Wall, so it may be worth doing after this

did u checked AJ AP scan? the feat is not even 10-A, it is rlly far to 9-C or even 9-B

yeah that's very clearly at least 9-C
Yeah, I don't disagree. It does seem to be 9-C.

For what it's worth, A.J.'s Tier is currently, Tier: Varies from 10-C to 10-A, higher with technology

Even if we now consider it inaccurate to deem him as 10-A without a CRT, he is still of a Varies Tier (Like Timmy Turner himself.), so he CAN fit into 10-A because of his Varies Tier, no?
Also, it might 'cause some problems in the tourney arrangement if we have to eject A.J., leaving Chimpanzee without an opponent.

But I do think it would be worthwhile to look into A.J.'s feats, to maybe have some people calc them, see where they land, & maybe get part of his tiering changed.

But here & now is a Versus Thread, not a Content Revision Thread.

Even if we now consider it inaccurate to deem him as 10-A without a CRT, he is still of a Varies Tier (Like Timmy Turner himself.), so he CAN fit into 10-A because of his Varies Tier, no?
No. It's not allowed to make matches using intermediate tiers for characters with a "Varies" rating.

No. It's not allowed to make matches using intermediate tiers for characters with a "Varies" rating.
Good to know. The current justifications that seem relevant to A.J.'s 10-A rating:
Athlete level (Lifted and used a battering ram to knock over a door in 1 hit, with said ram having previously sounded to be metallic[10]. Was among kids who threw balls hard enough to bend a wall and a door, seemingly having done the same[11]. Casually lifted Chester above his head and threw him on the ground with one hand[12])

Durability: Varies from Below Average Human level to higher (Casually resisted being kicked into the air by Chester in a celebration they were doing[16]. Took blows from Francis[17], who karate chopped a tree, broke many metal sticks, discreetly carried a car on his clothes and could fight normally with it[18])

May be useful to consider those, should anyone choose to revise him. (Also, there's a possibility that at least some of his feats don't end up at or above 7.5 times higher than Athlete Level, meaning he wouldn't be guaranteed to one-shot a 10-A character like Chimpanzee. But it's not the strongest possibility, for some feats more than others that all A.J.'s feats end up in such a range.)
But as is currently, this match & tournament should be able to proceed, right?

Dude, we can read the page ourselves, you don't need to quote the entirety of them to us.

Dude, we can read the page ourselves, you don't need to quote the entirety of them to us.
My apologies. Thought it might be good to have most of the feats being used to justify 10-A in the thread they're being discussed in, but I can understand it being a bit unpleasantly wordy or seeming condescending. Again, sorry. : (

Complaints

Well, the series had many blink-and you-missed-it feats and things going it, his best feat was one of them and I didn't want to upgrade him w/o a CRT, I already make many changes to the verse w/o them when believing they're uncontroversial enough. For the regen many characters on that ep. blew up and were later shown fine while it was sometimes reacted by others, it was a weird gag in the ep., the feat itself is legit while AJ doesn't always have the power, and it's toon force-based anyway so it doesn't need to make sense. There're a number of characters with toon force-based abilities who don't use their legit powers in instances when they could or should and we always list that as them always having the powers, I just went with a more accurate approach.

I invite anyone to this thread if they want to help me make the verse better.

Back