• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

10-A Tournament Losers Round 1, Match 10 (SCP-008 VS A.J.)

Blasts... with what, exactly?
He has Explosion Manipulation, but the justification is....
Explosion Manipulation (Exploded out of sheer pain, leaving a brief cloud of smoke, nothing visible of his body and his clothes scattered. 50 seconds later he was celebrating fine how other character exploded while himself almost naked[3])
So presumably he can't easily weaponize it.

Besides that, on his own.... Toon Force, Body Control, Preparation, Acrobatics....
& further reading his powers & abilities:
His inventions and technology give him access to; Cloning (Initially showing to have an inactive clone of himself[4], later making several active clones of himself[5]), Information Analysis (Via "generic tracking device", which informs the location of other if it has a sample of its DNA. Also informing weight, height and other stuff about the target[6]), likely Teleportation (Teleported Timmy from outside of his house into a room in it[7], although his parents could have invented that as they are geniuses too), Biological Manipulation & Fusionism (Via Gene Splicer, which can be used to fuse beings together by merging one inside another, as well as its clothes)

So maybe if he has access to his clones. Unsure if his Teleportation or Biological Manip/Fusionism could be useful here.

Looking at the rest of the profile....

Range: Standard melee range physically

Standard Equipment: Invisible criss-crossing laser highlighter spray, a small laser (Shown in The Big Scoop! while in school without notable prior preparation), a lightsaber (Shown in Operation F.U.N. also without having prior preparation)

• Optional Equipment: A battering ram, clones (a total of four), Generic Tracking Device, Gene Splicer
Presuming he has them (As opposed to not having them if they put him above 10-A.), do we know if his laser or lightsaber are useful in combat? Would they help defeat the zombie?

It's true, A.J. has prior knowledge, but what's he going to do with it in Central Park? His Intelligence Feats don't list anything that seems like creation of weapons for him.
Would he dig up some power lines? Repurpose his standard equipment into explosives?

I wouldn't say A.J. is without options, & he may have some level of applicable Regeneration, but he seems to lack any options to fight back without getting up close, unless we count his laser, a light saber, or I guess exploiting his clones.

I do not believe that he can explode on command, no. That does not seem like something that would be in canon for him to do. What he does have, however, is his intelligence. Because let's be frank here. Giving a mindless zombie previous knowledge on A.J. gives it absolutely nothing whatsoever of an advantage. A.J., however, will get all of the advantage he needs here. He knows this is a zombie that will attempt to bite him, and the prior knowledge would likely mean that he knows to aim for the head. But, since speed is equalized, he unfortunately cannot gain too much distance, despite the fact that the zombie is simply walking. That being said, A.J. does have his fairly useful tools on hand that could help him. While I'm not sure how much blinding the zombie with his highlighter would work out, his laser pointer was able to cut a hole in a metal filing cabinet, and his lightsaber should likely be about as potent as other lightsabers wielded by characters such as Dark Laser and Timmy And despite the fact that he's not quite as athletic as some others like Chester, he still can keep up with his friends and has shown some acrobatic skill. And that's just considering what he has on hand, never mind if he had any of his inventions such as clones or robots to help him, among other things.

So, I would probably give this to A.J. due to his limited but effective arsenal and intelligence, on top of other things.

That being said, A.J. does have his fairly useful tools on hand that could help him. While I'm not sure how much blinding the zombie with his highlighter would work out, his laser pointer was able to cut a hole in a metal filing cabinet, and his lightsaber should likely be about as potent as other lightsabers wielded by characters such as Dark Laser and Timmy
Would these weapons fall within the 10-A limit, so as to not be restricted like, say a 9-C firearm might? (Not to posit that A.J. might have firearms.)
So, I would probably give this to A.J. due to his limited but effective arsenal and intelligence, on top of other things.
Seems like good reason to vote for A.J.

For the moment, he tentatively has my backing.

Would these weapons fall within the 10-A limit, so as to not be restricted like, say a 9-C firearm might? (Not to posit that A.J. might have firearms.)
Probably yes, despite not having weapons at first I think he still can get weapons in the middle of fight.
± Same happened with his match against Phineas and we had an assumption of weapons higher than 10-A in Strelok vs Kaname.
So yeah, still votung AJ

Probably yes, despite not having weapons at first I think he still can get weapons in the middle of fight.
± Same happened with his match against Phineas and we had an assumption of weapons higher than 10-A in Strelok vs Kaname.
Well in Strelok vs Kaname, Kaname's above 10-A are created via an ability, unlike those that ARE above 10-A but are restricted because characters start the match with them.
A.J.'s seem to be Standard Equipment, & I'm not sure if he has the feats or resources to create them if he didn't have them to begin with.

Has he shown any feats of creating weapons? COULD he create a laser with what's available in Central Park, New York?

That said, my vote hasn't changed from earlier, either; I'm still voting A.J., currently. I'm just curious about the technicalities, is all.

Well, A.J. had a generic energy sword/"lightsaber" because it looks like it whereas Dark Laser and Timmy use lightsticks, so they don't scale as they're not the same thing.

A.J. seems to take this but I won't vote as I'm unsure of the SCP's capabilities and feats.

Fair enough on the comparison to the other "lightsabers" in the series, but I felt like it was one of those close enough type of things. Plus, at the very least, his lightsaber should be able to harm 008 in some degree, particularly since his laser should be based around similar technology.

Speaking of that, 008's behavior is basically just every classic zombie in media. Barely any brain functions, with those that are there being dedicated to attempting to spread the disease through biting. Suffice to say, the only thing this thing will try to do is rush toward A.J. and attempt to bite him. But, thanks to his intelligence, acrobatics and on-hand equipment, as well as the prior knowledge, he should be able to take out its head before it's able to bite him, especially with an extended melee weapon like his lightsaber there.

So, if I count right, the voters for A.J. are.... DaReaperMan, Oleggator, myself, Starter Pack, & PopTed2? (Efficient explicitly abstained from voting because they claim not to know SCP-008's capabilities well enough.)

So 5 to 0 votes in A.J.'s favor so far?

Back