• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Lion's Sin of Pride" Escanor VS "Pirate Hunter" Roronoa Zoro
Escanor Starts in Mid Morning and Dressrosa Zoro is being used​
Starting Distance: 100 meters​
Speed is equalized
Escanor: 0
Zoro: 7 (MonkeyOfLife, Dir333, Shizuka, TauanVictor, Popted2, TyranoDoom30, AnosVoldigoad314)
Inconclusive: 0
dqqOScc.png
TnrlhFx.png

Last edited:
What does Escanor start with since:
Fire and Light manipulation get negated by haki
Regeneration gets negated by haki
Air slashes can be countered by Zoro's which may or may not have longer reach (Escanor's page doesn't list the range of his air slashes)

I don't want to comment on how skilled Escanor is since I'm not knowledgeable on the verse however when comparing feats between Zeldris and Zoro/Mihawk, many agreed the latter are more skilled (Mihawk upscales from Zoro). Of course this point is null if Escanor is more skilled.

The heat produced by Escanor I think should effect Zoro if it's far hotter than normal flames because Zoro's resistances to heat says "Unaffected by the flames engulfing him. Barely fazed by Punk Hazard's environment which was caused by Akainu and Aokiji" and afaik normal flames can't instantly vapourise lakes like Escanor's heat can.

This isn't a vote but just to give some exposition on how Zoro can counter some of Escanor's (correct me if I'm wrong) primary methods of attack.

If Escanor's flames are hotter than the Haki's resistance, as you seem to imply by the 2nd half of your message, how are you saying it probably gets negated?

Either way, Escanor typically just starts with testing his opponent's strength. Nothing special more than just trying to cut them in half, really. Or... finger them? (this is if he's serious, surprisingly, when he's really serious he throws away his axe) I have no idea how to word that in a way that doesn't sound bad. Basically he has a technique that he can use where he just does a finger thrust (not just in The One form, he does it in sunshine form against Possessed Zeldris).

Last edited:
How does escanor counter zoro's dura null and resistences to the guy hole arsenal?
I'm assuming you mean durability negation, it won't work as it's done through fire which Escanor resists, others above have mentioned that Zoro's heat/fire resistance wouldn't stack up to Escanor's.
Zoro's sword will probably be melted by the heat, as has already happened
Considering they have at least 6-B durability I doubt that.

I'm assuming you mean durability negation, it won't work as it's done through fire which Escanor resists, others above have mentioned that Zoro's heat/fire resistance wouldn't stack up to Escanor's.

Considering they have at least 6-B durability I doubt that.
Doesn't zoro have goken who is kinda of dura null to an extent?

Zoro and melted by what exactly? Also according to other knowledgeable one piece supporters monster trio heat/fire resistance look like this; Luffy's heat resistance scales to Enel's Heat and was in very close proximity to Akainu who's passive heat aura vaporized steel. Also said heat from Akainu resided in Punk hazard, who Zoro seems to be unaffected by the heat, furthermore could one shot a Dragon.

So for my understanding escanor is bellow 12,9 gigatons while zoro upscales to 4,3 but he has damage boost, resistence to escanor stuff and precognition via observation

neutral now, but leaning to escanor

How would one scale to another's heat resistance
Haki. Even a nameless vice admiral could resist Ace's extremely hot flames and heat. Ace even said it himself his flames doesn't work on him, but he ain't catching these hands. Also, cough Doffy, Queen and plenty more Characters who resist Sanji and Ace's flames via Haki.

So for my understanding escanor is bellow 12,9 gigatons while zoro upscales to 4,3 but he has damage boost, resistence to escanor stuff and precognition via observation
Mid-Morning Escanor is being used first who scales to 4.3 Gigatons as well, but with time he will reach 12.9 Gigatons.

If Escanor's flames are hotter than the Haki's resistance, as you seem to imply by the 2nd half of your message, how are you saying it probably gets negated?
If Escanor's flames make contact with Zoro then it gets negated but the actual heat of the flames can effect Zoro however I doubt Escanor will know this and try to work around that limitation so quickly.
Either way, Escanor typically just starts with testing his opponent's strength. Nothing special more than just trying to cut them in half, really. Or... finger them? (this is if he's serious, surprisingly, when he's really serious he throws away his axe) I have no idea how to word that in a way that doesn't sound bad. Basically he has a technique that he can use where he just does a finger thrust (not just in The One form, he does it in sunshine form against Possessed Zeldris).
Zoro starts with whatever and attempts to end fights quickly, he has a move named Shi Shi son son which amplifies Zoro's speed high enough to blitz characters comparable to his base speed and Zoro has Goken which allows him to essentially ignore durability up to a 6-B level

If I am not mistaken, in some guidebooks it says that Escanor's temperature is equal to the sun, so it is hardly possible to resist.
Sasuke's Amaterasu was said to be hot as the Sun as well, but we are not automatically assuming that the statement refers to the hottest part of the Sun. Gong by VSBW's logic, we are always assuming the lowest (to be on the safe side), so i think Escanor is referring to the surface of the sun.

Mid-Morning Escanor is being used first who scales to 4.3 Gigatons as well, but with time he will reach 12.9 Gigatons.
So they got the same ap but zoro can amp himself with goken and got better reactons? I do not see escanor lasting very long here them his regen ain't doing much against decapitation or dismembering

Sasuke's Amaterasu was said to be hot as the Sun as well, but we are not automatically assuming that the statement refers to the hottest part of the Sun. Gong by VSBW's logic, we are always assuming the lowest (to be on the safe side), so i think Escanor is referring to the surface of the sun.
I never said what part of the sun the guide is referring. Even just the surface is already a feat of temperature more powerfull than at least most of Op characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back