• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm voting luffy via Blunt Force Resistance, CRAZY Range advantage, Dura Neg via red hawk, much better Senses, Higher Dura and Ap with Haki and can negate his Regen.

Garou can redirect attacks with much higher ap than his. Garou also has dura neg. He has regen, and passive evolution. Garou has vastly more skill than Luffy. I'm voting Garou for now, but I can see Luffy winning.

Also, gear 2nd Luffy and Garou both scale to 1 GT, so Luffy doesn't have the AP advantage until gear 3rd, which garou can easily redirect.

Wait, I need you to explain that. This is Post Timeskip Luffy.
Garou was able to learn the WICF by getting hit by it once. He was then able to go from getting severely outclassed by Bang and Bomb, to being on even footing with them in skill. He was also able to master the Awakening Breath, just by looking at it once.

Unless Luffy has done similar things, I think it's safe to say that Garou outmatching Luffy in skill.

Garou was able to learn the WICF by getting hit by it once. He was then able to go from getting severely outclassed by Bang and Bomb, to being on even footing with them in skill. He was also able to master the Awakening Breath, just by looking at it once.
Copying other fighting styles and abilities is not exactly skilled. That's something even the Humandrills already has done multiple times, they perfectly imitated Zoro's three swords style after seeing it once, does that mean they outskill Luffy? No.

Beginning of the Grandline Luffy fought Zoro, which resulted in a stalemate (Zoro was prior to joining the Strawhats an incredible skilled swordsman that even crocodile wanted to hire him to work as an assassin in the Baroque works). Luffy has fought foes such like Kuro, who was notoriously known for his intellect and stealth mastery that he could easily assassinate 60-80 skilled assassins. Luffy flawlessly copied and discovered the secret of Soru after seeing it once, in fact he outclassed a Rokushiki master, who was trained from young age to be a killer machine from the Marine (Doriki-wise Blueno and Lucci are more than 1000 skilled men worth).

Last edited:
Regen is irrelevant, because Bosushoku Haki negates Regen up to Mid. Why would attack deflection matters when Luffy is highly resistant to blunt force trauma? Luffy's unpredictable fighting style, in addition to his precognition abilities should allow him to have several aces up his sleeve.

Also Luffy has his own limited durability negation via Red Hawk.

Regen is irrelevant, because Bosushoku Haki negates Regen up to Mid.

Not biological regeneration.

Why would attack deflection matters when Luffy is highly resistant to blunt force trauma?

Attack deflection matter more for Garou's defense here than counter-attacking Luffy.

And Garou doesn't fight only through blunt force punches; he has Bomb's cutting technique too.

Not biological regeneration.
Garp vs Marco. Also it is accepted here according to Tempest.

Attack deflection matter more for Garou's defense here than counter-attacking Luffy.
My point was that wouldn't matter because Luffy's blunt force trauma 6-C (according to knowledgeable members, it's for some weird reasons not added, but still accepted)

And Garou doesn't fight only through blunt force punches; he has Bomb's cutting technique too.
Luffy can shield himself from pierce damage via busoshoku haki.

Copied and discovered the the secret of Soru after seeing it once, in fact he outclassed a Rokushiki master, who was trained from young age to be a killer machine from the Marine (Doriki-wise Blueno and Lucci are more than 1000 skilled men worth).
I already said this, but Garou mastered the Awakening Breath after a glance. He was contending with two martial arts masters that are known worldwide for their skill. He learned WSRSF, and WCIF when no one else, but Garou and Bang/Bomb could do.
Luffy is highly resistant to blunt force trauma?
unpredictable fighting style
Garou has fought someone with an unpredictable fighting style, and has adopted it. I doubt that Garou will be so overwhelmed by the way luffy fights.
Not biological regeneration
^

Garp vs Marco. Also it is accepted here according to Tempest.

Marco's Phoenix regeneration is not biological regeneration.

It uses the fiery powers of his Devil Fruit.

Luffy can shield himself from pierce damage via busoshoku haki.

You're right, he can. But his Haki isn't an inexhaustible power.

Garou is most definitely more skilled than Luffy, not one of those feats you mentioned is something Garou could not have replicated if he was in Luffy's situation. Regardless, Garou still has regen, dura neg, as well as passive evolution, the latter, which Luffy has no answer to. Luffy's "unpredictable fighting style" is DEFINETLY not something Garou is going to struggle against. You're acting like Luffy's fighting style is impossible to fight against, when you're forgetting that Garou has beaten professional martial artists before.

Voting Garou fra.

I already said this, but Garou mastered the Awakening Breath after a glance. He was contending with two martial arts masters that are known worldwide for their skill. He learned WSRSF, and WCIF when no one else, but Garou and Bang/Bomb could do.
Beginning of the east blue Luffy literally fought Don Krieg, who was known throughout the east blue for being military the strongest. Even the people from the baratie, were extremely afraid of him (East blue isn't small, considering South, west and north are larger than a continent by our standards). Also Luffy fought Moria, Crocodile and Lucci, all these characters are pretty much self-explanatory. Also like I said copying fighting styles after seeing it once doesn't automatically mean you outskill everyone, take the Humandrills for example.
iirc Garp just hit Marco, and Marco just regenerated right afte
He didn't. Just watch the scene where Shanks and Marco standing in front of Whitebeard and Ace's grave. The punch he took from Garp didn't recovered.
It's durability negation.
This is not the first time Luffy tanked durability negation. Skypia, Enies lobby, etc etc. Even Usopp resorted to Durability negation.

This is not the first time Luffy tanked durability negation. Skypia, Enies lobby, etc etc. Even Usopp resorted to Durability negation.
Luffy isn't immune to piercing damage as it is. Even with Buso haki, Garou can easily bypass.
Beginning of the east blue Luffy literally fought Don Krieg, who was known throughout the east blue for being military the strongest. Even the people from the baratie, were extremely afraid of him (East blue isn't small, considering South, west and north are larger than a continent by our standards). Also Luffy fought Moria, Crocodile and Lucci, all these characters are pretty much self-explanatory. Also like I said copying fighting styles after seeing it once doesn't automatically mean you outskill everyone, take the Humandrills for example.
I think you may be trolling by comparing Don Krieg to Garou.

You're right, he can. But his Haki isn't an inexhaustible power.
That would be the case if Luffy were to use Gear 4, which consumes enormous amount of Haki. Since G4 is restricted, that shouldn't be a problem anymore.
You're acting like Luffy's fighting style is impossible to fight against, when you're forgetting that Garou has beaten professional martial artists before.
You are also acting like Luffy has never fought against skilled martial artists, swordsman, marine soldiers and pirates before. Luffy doesn't always win with "Sheer power and speed". Most people perfectly deduce the limit of Luffy's pistole and stretching abilities, he compensates it for his random shenanigans and creativity as well as fake outs to bait his enemies into believing he's just throwing a pistole, but then it turns out to be shotgun or stops his arm mid-air to punch his enemy with a rifle.

I think you may be trolling by comparing Don Krieg to Garou
You are missing the point. I am not comparing them in terms of power or speed. Krieg was blatantly stated to be military the strongest in the east blue and he definitely lives up to his reputation because he was capable of hurting beginning of the east blue Luffy, who from the young age relentlessly trained for 10 years to become a pirate.
Luffy isn't immune to piercing damage as it is. Even with Buso haki, Garou can easily bypass.
Luffy still got observation haki, meaning precognition. My point wasn't that Luffy was immune to piercing damage, but he can at least prevent fatal injury.

You're yet to prove to me that Luffy is "skilled". Don't get me wrong, I think he's skilled, but your previous arguments have proved to me that his fighting style isn't "skilled' but instead "unpredictable". In fact just because you beat a character, that does not mean you are more skilled. I mean the examples that you've even given: Don Krieg was definitely more skilled AND had more experience than Luffy, but Luffy was just STRONGER (as well as his rubber properties), he was able to tank his explosions, as well as quite literally jump around him and dodge his strikes, that doesn't prove that he's more skilled, or hell even skilled at all. Moria isn't skilled (nothing noteworthy anyways), Croc I'd say is fair, I mean Luffy just had the advantage using blood so that's just him being smart not skilled but w/e. Lucci was far more skilled.

None of these characters has fought someone unpredictable like Luffy. Whereas Garou has fought Watchdog man who is unpredictable, while you could argue Luffy is more unpredictable, with Garou's passive evolution Luffy's fighting style/unpredictability will be light work for Garou.

You are also acting like Luffy has never fought against skilled martial artists, swordsman, marine soldiers and pirates before. Luffy doesn't always win with "Sheer power and speed". Most people perfectly deduce the limit of Luffy's pistole and stretching abilities, he compensates it for his random shenanigans and creativity as well as fake outs to bait his enemies into believing he's just throwing a pistole, but then it turns out to be shotgun or stops his arm mid-air to punch his enemy with a rifle.
Most of the fights hes won against skilled people (Lucci), he won by Punching fast and hard. You can look over the fight, and luffy didn't necessarily use a whole lot of skill.
That would be the case if Luffy were to use Gear 4, which consumes enormous amount of Haki. Since G4 is restricted, that shouldn't be a problem anymore.
Haki still runs out.
It’s... correct that he’s the goat but he simply had a different fighting style. He only used one method of attacking Garou, as far as we can see. I don’t believe Watchdogman is worthy to be comparable to Luffy.
I'm not comparing him to Luffy. I'm just saying that using an "Unpredictable fighting style" as a wincon for Luffy shouldn't be used as Garou has fought someone with arguably higher unpredictability.

He also has Adaption on his page, yeah Luffy's skill/unpredictable moveset isn't a problem.

EDIT: as well as enhanced senses, instinctive reaction, analytical prediction, rage power, and even stats amplification

I'm not comparing him to Luffy. I'm just saying that using an "Unpredictable fighting style" as a wincon for Luffy shouldn't be used as Garou has fought someone with arguably higher unpredictability.
One moment, where was it stated WatchdogMan was “unpredictable”?

One moment, where was it stated WatchdogMan was “unpredictable”?
Less that it's unpredictable and more that he wasn't used to his fighting style since Garou was taught to fight against humans.

Not only that but Garou was unable to fight against him despite having enhanced senses, instinctive reaction, analytical prediction, adaption.
So in a sense his fighting style is unpredictable.

1) How does using a rock to break his claws prove anything? He's unpredictable sure but that's nothing crazy (not that I think anyways)
2) Croc doesn't have any of the aforementioned advantages that Garou has. If he did, then he wouldn't have been tricked.
3) Pretty dope, no comment.
4)Not bad, though that's just because Blueno always attacks from behind. Of course if you're fighting an enemy that always attacks you from behind, you're going to adapt to that and try to trick them.
5) Nothing new to the table

As for the Arlong one, he knew he was going to attack with his nose so he put up a shield??? That's nothing special.

Most of the fights hes won against skilled people (Lucci), he won by Punching fast and hard. You can look over the fight, and luffy didn't necessarily use a whole lot of skill.
Look at these scans and tell me that most of his fights were just Luffy punching harder and faster, GG. Beginning of the Grandline Luffy can fight equally with Zoro, whose abilities he's extremely vulnerable to. Most of Luffy's foes said the same thing "so, you are Rubber. I'll just resort to sharp weapons, etc". Luffy would have never defeated Crocodile, Enel (until he started losing composure again), and plenty of more enemies if it wasn't for the fact that Luffy's creativity, battle smartness and incredible mobility (also a plot armor against crocodile but shh) he wouldn't have never defeated them, you are telling me punching harder worked on Arlong when he tanked Luffy's combo and shrugged it off.
Haki still runs out.
And when does he runs out of Haki? Exactly, you don't know it. Because we know for fact whenever he uses G4, if requires enormous amount of Haki. But without G4, how exactly are you going to determine he's going to run out of Haki. That's not Boruto where Sasuke runs out of Chakra while walking.
Why are my arguments completely taken out of context. When did I exactly claim "unpredictability = skilled". I said that's one of Luffy's main strengths, I explicitly said copying other people fighting styles isn't as impressive as you think because there exist characters in one piece they can do that as well. But do any of them outskill Luffy, Zoro or Sanji? Zoro's two years training consisted of fighting against intelligent monkeys who perfectly imitated his three swords style after seeing it once. Even Mihawk was like "mah monkeys could beat you Young man", the same Zoro who had achieved the pinnacle of swordsmanship. But I'll elaborate a bit more on skills, because this is already too long.

1) How does using a rock to break his claws prove anything? He's unpredictable sure but that's nothing crazy (not that I think anyways)
2) Croc doesn't have any of the aforementioned advantages that Garou has. If he did, then he wouldn't have been tricked.
3) Pretty dope, no comment.
4)Not bad, though that's just because Blueno always attacks from behind. Of course if you're fighting an enemy that always attacks you from behind, you're going to adapt to that and try to trick them.
5) Nothing new to the table

As for the Arlong one, he knew he was going to attack with his nose so he put up a shield??? That's nothing special.
Before I answer your question, answer my first. Where do you get the idea that Skills = Unpredictability? When I never once claimed to be the case. So stop putting things in my mouth.

Luffy's unpredictable fighting style, in addition to his precognition abilities should allow him to have several aces up his sleeve.
So, noms, now read this sentence thoroughly. I listed off LUFFY'S STRENGTHS. Hence I said Luffy's unpredictable fighting style, in addition to his predictions abilities should allow him.

By that same logic I was implying precognition is skilled?

Garou fra

Far more skilled in H2H combat(not debatable), has Bomb's cutting technique, will gradually get faster and stronger as the fight prolongs, redirection, regen, the list goes on. I don't see Garou losing to a tricky brick like Luffy

Where do you get the idea that Skills = Unpredictability?
I don't believe that, that's my argument.
When I never once claimed to be the case.
Your examples comparing Luffy to other pre-timeskip characters (Krieg, Croc, Moria(?????), Lucci, and now Arlong, Blueno, and Kuro was to prove that Luffy had beat skilled people. My answer to that was that he had not beat any of them because he happened to be skilled or anything, but because he was unpredictable, but it's not to the point where it would do anything to Garou.

Luffy vs Kuro: You used this to prove that he's fought experienced, skilled people. Kuro lost because he used a rock to break his claws. While that's unpredictable, nothing Garou can't deal with.
Luffy vs Arlong: He used a shield knowing Arlong was going to attack, not unpredictable at all.
Luffy vs Krieg: Pretty unpredictable I guess, though Krieg is literally swinging a giant weapon jumping around and dodging it isn't something crazy.
Luffy vs Croc: Valid. Nothing compared to Garou but still Valid
Luffy vs Moria: I don't really know why you brought this up
Luffy vs Lucci: Pretty good.
Luffy vs Blueno: Same as Croc.

Sorry if I came out as aggressive, I'm just saying that his unpredictable nature isn't going to help him at all in this fight seeing the advantages Garou has against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back