• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto) vs Yami Sukehiro (Black Clover)

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
*Sage Mode Naruto during the War
* Eye of the Midnight Sun Arc Yami
*Speed is equalized
*both are in Character.

Famous Shonen Protagonist fights ex Famous shonen protagonist possible Isekai character.
Black-Clover-Yami-1.jpg
ff80bdf4c4b74f55243e1a7799895c237c72d9f4.jpg

Naruto: 1 (Pain to 12)
Yami:
Inconclusive: 9 (Millyrockingbandit,Uchihaslayyer, Epsilon,Fluffycreaturez,popted2,Nomsnoms,Bernkastill,sonicflare,dereck)

Last edited:
Well, I already know both have means to one-shot each other via durability negation. Both also have excellent senses from the looks of it. Naruto may have the edge in pure CQC due to his Nature Energy extensions and his Frog Kata durability negation, but that's kinda evened out by Yami's spatial cutting.

I guess the question is what does Yami usually start with? I haven't started BC yet, so I have pretty limited knowledge unfortunately.

It also would be good to say that Naruto has time limit of his transformation, he will return to base mode after it

This naruto dosen't revert to base after 2 RS, his shadow clones can also summon shadow clones and go SM iirc

They are nigh equal in AP, Naruto barely has the AP advantage but it's negligible, Both can durability negate, so if either of them hits with a durability negation attack then they win, yami usually starts with mid range dark slash attacks I think, but he also kind of spams dimension slash, precognition should counter clones somewhat, dark magic also nullifies attacks, so he could maybe nullify a rasenshuriken.
As for naruto, clones, many clones, sage mode clones upon clones and yami lacks crowd control, but this also kind of works in yami's favor since after seeing the sheer number of clones he can use info analysis, precognition and ki sensing to locate naruto's real body and dimension slash to win, but naruto may just overwhelm quickly, naruto also should one shot with rasenshuriken but yami can maybe absorb it, but in close quarters yami obviously has the advantage since he has a SWORD, but naruto also has an advantage with frog kata since it's durability negation. I see this could really go either way.

How would his sensing locate the real naruto? And iirc narutos frog slap is what negs dura not the invisible punch

Vote Naruto As Uchiha said he has the advantage in close combat and thanks to his sensorial powers could dodge most of Yami attacks and most importantly since he has the ap advntage he can always break the katana since its not instreductible
add this to clone spam, frog summoning they will be able to distract Yami

by the way sage mode Naruto miss a power the analytical preditcion

Analytical Prediction (He can sense incoming danger and dodge accordingly),

so he won't have probelm to dodge the dimension slash

The mid range dark slashes also negate durability, right?

Also, how does Yami's precog work?

Naruto:

• AP advantage
• Durability Negation, via Rasenshuriken
• Frog Kata, which negates Precognition
• Clones of comparable strength
• Range advantage
• Genjutsu with Ma & Pa
• Summoning

Yami:

• Accelerated Development through battle
• Durability Negation, via Dimension Slash
• Paralysis & Absorption with Black Hole
• Barriers of Dark Magic
• Precognition that senses muscle movement, intent, breath, emotional states
• Increased stats with Reinforcement Magic + Mana Skin

Yami by no means starts with Dimension Slash in this key, and uses it as a last result. Yami’s Ki far exceeds any Sharingan precognition, and as such Frog Kata wouldn’t be of issue. That’s assuming Naruto can get in, as Yami has no problem striking at a distance with Lightless Slash, which he can spam constantly. Summons may be a problem, but since this is War Arc SM Naruto, he doesn’t start with that, neither Ma & Pa.

Conversely, dozens of comparable duplicates are definitely a problem for Yami, and while he can dodge, he can’t do it forever. He can mitigate this by paralysis via Black Hole, and considering the sheer amount of clones Naruto can summon (in base, not SM), it may serve an issue, but that’s assuming Naruto gets forced into Base, and Yami has no way of knowing that SM
has a timelimit. Of course, the further Yami is backed into a corner, the more liable he is to break his limits (getting jumped by the Third Eye whilst weakened).

A Rasenshuriken is Yami’s biggest threat, due to AOE, but at that moment Yami will not hesitate to use Dimension Slash - and spatial severing is far more dangerous than cellular blades, and a more pressing question is if Naruto can sense that, but he has a Danger Sense.

Overall, I genuinely see this going either way. Naruto’s got a lot as his disposal, and Yami can directly counter that or hold his own with his own abilities. Inconclusive, for me.

the black hole is small so its useful for small projectile even the profile say so and only if Naruto is in contact with it as he can always dodge it thanks to the sensory abilitis and analitycal prediciton
and Yami know only 1 barrier of dark magic

and in this key he used it only 1 time when he was cornered

Marginal. And that isn’t how it works either.
sorry

the black hole is small so its useful for small projectile even the profile say so and only if Naruto is in contact with it as he can always dodge it thanks to the sensory abilitis and analitycal prediciton
and Yami know only 1 barrier of dark magic

and in this key he used it only 1 time when he was cornered
Size is irrelevant, he was able to paralyze Patry, a full grown man. Never said it would absorb Naruto, only his smaller Rasengan. Him dodging it doesn’t matter since it’s a suction.

Well, I already know both have means to one-shot each other via durability negation. Both also have excellent senses from the looks of it. Naruto may have the edge in pure CQC due to his Nature Energy extensions and his Frog Kata durability negation, but that's kinda evened out by Yami's spatial cutting.

I guess the question is what does Yami usually start with? I haven't started BC yet, so I have pretty limited knowledge unfortunately.
He starts with Dimension Slash when he's willing to kill, so he will likely start with that

Precognition that senses muscle movement, intent, breath, emotional
yami looks at the target's life energy to predict attacks and movement
From what you guys are saying, this sounds more like really good Analytical Prediction rather than Precognition, but whatever. It doesn't change anything for the purposes of this battle.

Anyway, I'm also leaning towards Incon here.

Naruto has a very slight AP advantage, the range advantage, and has more tricks up his sleeve through clones, Frog Kata, and the general Ninja tomfoolery. His summons are also extremely dangerous, as Ma and Pa can use their Frog Song genjutsu and Gamabunta (and his big froggy bros) are all 6-C summons. Though it's definitely worth noting that he hasn't summoned any of these guys during the war arc (while using SM at least), so it's fair to say that it's somewhat out of character for Naruto to do it in this case.
Naruto's senses are also quite good. His ESP has insane range while in SM, easily in the dozens to hundreds of kilometers range. He has great enhanced senses, Emotion detection, Danger sensing, and the like.
Of course, it seems that Yami's own senses are just as good if not better in application, though maybe not in range (?), so that covers that.
Both have perfectly viable one-shot tools that are certainly possible to feasibly land; the great equalizers if you will.
So yeah, this is a great battle, and I honestly can't see a decisive victor here personally. So yeah, Incon FRA.

From what you guys are saying, this sounds more like really good Analytical Prediction rather than Precognition, but whatever. It doesn't change anything for the purposes of this battle.
nah it's def precog, in the context of BC, yami was swatting away the fastest magic while having his back turned and having a conversation with Asta.

If Naruto goes with the same mindset as he did against Kurama, aka barrage of giant Rasengans and FRS then he obliterates Yami right away. I also believe that Naruto can dodge Dimension Slash due to his danger sense. Because the attack isn't that complex (it's a vertical or horizontal slash), he shouldn't have problems dodging it with prediction.
But on normal circumstances, I think it can go either way.

If Naruto goes with the same mindset as he did against Kurama, aka barrage of giant Rasengans and FRS then he obliterates Yami right away.
That’s because Kurama was a massive opponent, Naruto only Rasengen + Clone spams if the assailant is bigger than him (Madara’s Wood Style).

I also believe that Naruto can dodge Dimension Slash due to his danger sense. Because the attack isn't that complex (it's a vertical or horizontal slash), he shouldn't have problems dodging it with prediction.
He would have to sense space being cut, so.

nah it's def precog, in the context of BC, yami was swatting away the fastest magic while having his back turned and having a conversation with Asta.
It's really good, but I've seen comparable or even crazier feats get labeled as simply Analytical Prediction. I mean, the Sharingan literally lets you visually see your opponents next move, and Chou Goku could literally predict Hit's attacks through skipped time, yet both are labeled as mere Analytical Prediction for whatever reason.
Regardless, this ain't the thread for that, so I won't derail any more.

It's really good, but I've seen comparable or even crazier feats get labeled as simply Analytical Prediction. I mean, the Sharingan literally lets you visually see your opponents next move, and Chou Goku could literally predict Hit's attacks through skipped time, yet both are labeled as mere Analytical Prediction for whatever reason.
Regardless, this ain't the thread for that, so I won't derail any more.
Depends, because Ki is both, and what Goku did was predicting, but Precog is seeing the future.

If Naruto goes with the same mindset as he did against Kurama, aka barrage of giant Rasengans and FRS then he obliterates Yami right away. I also believe that Naruto can dodge Dimension Slash due to his danger sense. Because the attack isn't that complex (it's a vertical or horizontal slash), he shouldn't have problems dodging it with prediction.
But on normal circumstances, I think it can go either way.
so INC?

Back