• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Akuma enters a Pokémon battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Akuma is traveling from world to world (don't ask how) in search of a worthy foe and ends up in the Kanto region. Gathering informations about the best martial artist of the region, he reaches the Indigo Plateau, the place that it is said to host the "Champion of Fighting type Pokémon", whatever it could mean to Akuma.

After entering the facility, Akuma promptly ignores and passes both the guard and Lorelei, as he cares only for one person. Luckily for him, he meets Bruno right in the next room. Akuma immediately understands that the person in front of him is who he was looking for, and Bruno recognized that threat that his standing in front of him. Much to the demonic martial artist surprise, Bruno draws 5 red balls, and throws one of them, from which a weird creature is released. Akuma realizes that hif foes will not be the man, but an entire team of monsters instead. Still, he doesn't care, he will take on any amount of opponents if necessary, hoping they will prove a challenge for him.

• Speed is equalized
  • Gen 2 Rematch Bruno is used; you can see here his Pokémon team in HG/SS (second battle team is used)
  • Bruno scales to baseline High 7-A (1 gigatons), perhaps a little bit more, while Akuma upscales from 1.285 gigatons (more details on this upscaling in his AP section)
  • The battle takes place in Bruno's room on the Indigo Plateau
  • They start 5 meters apart.

Bruno:
Akuma: 7 (Armorchompy, CBslayeR, Stillwinston, Cropfist, Dust Collector, FinePoint, Xsoulofcinderx)
Inconclusive:
FireRed_LeafGreen_Bruno.png

dd6a951bd3584acc655269e96a206ca5.gif

Last edited:
  • Speed is equalized
  • Gen 2 Bruno is used; you can see here his Pokémon team in HG/SS (first battle team is used)
  • Bruno scales to baseline High 7-A (1 gigatons), perhaps a little bit more, while Akuma upscales from 1,285 gigatons (more details on this upscaling in his AP section)
  • The battle takes place in Bruno's room on the Indigo Plateau
  • They start 5 meters apart.
Did I misread that? 1,285 gigatons, as in almost one-thousand-three-hundred? Sorry for any bother.

No bother, it's a mistake of mine, that's supposed to be a dot.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Anyway, unsure how this goes. On one hand, I'd assume Akuma's techniques are designed for use on humans, as opposed to Pokemon. Onix ARE weak to Fighting-type moves... but Bruno's lead is also the somewhat humanoid Hitmontop in Gen 2.

While I know of Bruno's teams movesets & such, I don't know about his usual techniques, & haven't looked into what his Pokemon can do too much, & I'm a little sleepy, so I think it might be better for me to defer to the advice of other people, & hope some experts on Bruno &/or Street Fighter can provide some input.

Good luck with this match!

From my limited understanding of Akuma, he's not gonna dodge the Pokèmon and just kill Bruno, right? Assuming that's not the case, how likely is he to use the Shun Goku Satsu on Bruno's Pokèmon?

No, even in-character Akuma looks for worthy foes to challenge, he's not going to ignote potential opponents like Bruno's Pokèmon.

It's likely he could use the Shun Goku Satsu at some point during the battle, at least against humanoid Pokèmon.
He either starts with it he wants to get rid of the opponent quickly (as he did againdg Gouken, Gill and Bison) or performs it at some point, we don't really know, he is sometimes seen using it as a finisher.

I feel like Bruno's only real bet here is throwing out all six of his Pokèmon at once- it's against the rules he's used to and he probably won't do it, but I can't see any of them beating Akuma 1v1.

Hitmontop doesn't have Intimidate because Bruno has to be the easiest E4 in whatever he's in I guess, which is a shame as that would have helped him out a lot.

Hitmonlee's Swagger has a decent chance of backfiring, since its buff is permanent while confusion isn't. Its Blaze Kick can inflict a burn, which is almost a death sentence for Akuma unless that gets him to start spamming SGS. Constant damage isn't an issue, but halved attack is terrible considering his AP might be slightly lower.

Hitmonchan is the first scary one. All of its moves are dangerous- Paralyze and Freeze are free damage if Akuma suffers them, and I've already gone over Burn. However, Bullet Punch is also good, Akuma will struggle dodging it due to its quick speed, and Iron Fist makes it stronger.

Onix... come on. It's weak to fighting type moves if we wanna equalize it like that, but even if we don't it's a big, lumbering thing that Akuma can easily beat up. Dragon Breath has a chance of paralyzing Akuma, I suppose. But come on. It's Onix.

Machamp is also a threat. How do we treat No Guard in matches? Cause its Lifting Strength is enough to easily wallop Akuma, and if the latter can't avoid a grab, he's almost screwed. Obviously that'd apply for other Pokèmon too, but none of the Hitmon- trio likely go for any grabs considering their martial arts.

The first shouldn't be a problem, I guess, going through all 5 is already an issue for Akuma even when fighting one at a time.

I have to idea how we treat No Guard, as you know in game hits literally always land, even stuff like Earthquake when the opponent is using fly or phantom force, which is just a NLF. I guess it has just to be contextualized, like very enhanced precision and lowered evasion.

Last edited:
I think Akuma will take it, like Armor said the only real threatening Pokemon are Hitmonchan and Machamp due to status effects and LS. Akuma should take this due to his range advantage (most of Bruno's Pokemon don't have AOE or a projectile besides Onix and Machamp), raging demon, and the ability to transform into Shin Akuma which will give him a massive amp. Akuma with mid to high difficulty I think

It's not like more humanoid Pokèmon count as humans. But yeah this seems like a 7/10 W for Akuma, with his biggest lose condition being getting burned/paralyzed early on or grabbed by Machamp.

Does Raging Demon's Death Manip work on non-humans like Onix? Though, I doubt he'd need it.

I don't know, perhaps yes as the effect should remain, but I don't know how it would be performed, and not being able to perform it correcly or not at all might just make it useless.

I doubt SGS matters much, after all there's five foes Akuma has to go through and SGS will only take one out per use.

Akuma might lose to a more tactically sound team, unfortunately Fighting type E4 usually don't bring much of that. Marshal comes the closest, he has a Toxic Toxicroak in his BW1 rematch team, and his Challenge Mode teams in BW2 have some good item choices.

Rematch Bruno in HGSS might be better, I could edit his profile real quick to add the team, as he already has an HGSS key. Tell me if you think it would be better while still being fair, as Akuma might be stomped by the new team. (I'm not sure, though).

It might actually be easier, there's more Pokèmon to beat but less of them carry status effects or anything that would immediately threaten Akuma. A lot of priority moves and counters though, Akuma will definitely not walk out of this one without a bleeding nose I suppose.

I didn't pay attention to the statuses being gone, actually, then I'll switch Bruno's team and reset the vote count.

I'll update Bruno's profile in a matter of minutes, so debate freely if you want.

My vote stays. I may be misunderstanding the skill difference but I do believe Akuma should mostly cut cleanly through Bruno's whole team. Taking a couple of hits, maybe, but I doubt it'd be anything that threatens him.

Bruno likely has never fought one like Akuma, not even among any Fighting type, but those Pokémon are naturally hardwired for battle in their own styles, and they are even more trained by an experienced person like Bruno, so they aren't pushovers.

Oh I know but I'd still give Akuma a pretty big edge in skill.

Less statuses but there's also a Lucario with extreme speed and a Pokemon with Bulk Up that might be able to copy the Shin Akuma amp

I think my vote stays as well, the threatening Pokemon (Lucario and Machamp) are even less threatening due to not having status effect support from the other Pokemon

I straight-up think a paralyzed Akuma vs a Machamp is a W for the Machamp most of the time since Akuma will seriously struggle to dodge. But I don't think that's TOO likely to happen.

Counted; yes, he technically can, it's not impossible to block or dodge, but for the former you need proportional strength, speed and skill (and likely enough stamina) like Gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back