• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ovens' High 8-C Creature Feature Bracket Round 3: Agumon vs Big Dog

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
dragon-monster-fight-peril-of-guarding-by-alector-fencer-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Round 2
Agumon vs Big Dog

kevin-butler-aguboy.jpg
BV1hDQ4CAAAVpWQ.png:large

Rules are in the bracket hub. May the best monster win.

Bracket Hub

How often does Big Dog activate Boiling Veins? And how effective is it? Because it would all-but nullify Agumon's entire bread and butter depending on how effective it iss.

How often does Big Dog activate Boiling Veins? And how effective is it? Because it would all-but nullify Agumon's entire bread and butter depending on how effective it iss.
Passive.

... That being said. It might actually need to be restricted? It's not OP or anything but it might be unfair given how high it raises durability. Depends on Ovens, I don't mind.

Depends if you think Killian (tier setter) can overcome it or that the fight with Killian is a stomp.

I don’t think it would be a stomp for the tiersetter, though obviously a dude with low-mid regen and fire manip is going to lose against most contestants so it’s not an especially even fight.

Ok, apparently in AP Agumon scales or slightly upscales to 7 tons, while Big Dog scales to 2 tons (I may be wrong, as I had to convert joules into tons).

Despite Agumon's advantage in ap, LS and intelligence I don't think he can do anything relevant against the fire-resisting Dog that shoots streams of missiles, with some radiation hax and stats manip.

Agumon has potentially other hax, but Dragonmaster said that the powers that aren't listed in their Notable Attacks section can be ignored (and Agumon never used them in the series he is in, the only I've watched of Digimon).

I vote Big Dog

Radhax isn’t going to be a thing here with the main form of radhax, being Gamma Guts, restricted.

Now, on the other hand, a few things to note is that Big Dog is going to not only upscale in AP from any feat provided, but massively, maaaassively upscales in durability. As in, he’s the only mutant who could survive hits from The Nuke Launcher, and his attacks are danmaku swarms of omnidirectional projectiles and homing missiles that shoot more danmaku mid-flight that easily shred other Mutants, on top of the other abilities like Stress to boost firing speed near the later stages of the battle.

Normally, one of Big Dog’s biggest weaknesses is speed - and while his size still means he can’t dodge well, speed being equal removes one of his biggest flaws, leading to what is now a spinning dog machine racing towards a digimon with missile hell and destruction.

Overall, the apparent AP gap is much smaller than it appears, and Agumon critically lacks the range or versatility to make it past the overwhelming wall of explosions and bullets to get any hits in - Boiling Veins or no.

Well, Agumon is still more or less screwed.

Sadly, the match will not be added because of restricted stuff.
Actually, given that the Mutations are similar to, say, Isaac, in how they are applied in gained, they can be restricted and still added due to how any given Mutant can have less than the sum of them all.

So I think, at least. I dunno, that's how it's been done so far.

I've been told that Agumon's Power Mimicry and Reactive Evolution are likely to happen and would turn the tables of the match.
They also told me that Reactive Evolution technically is always successfull, and would gain a huge boost in power and possibly new skills and resistances at the cost of falling into a bloodlusted state. With Power Mimicry Agumon would be able to copy all of Big Dog's attacks the more he is exposed to them.

@Dragonmasterxyz Can you confirm it?

If all of this is true and likely to happen, we have to restart the discussion.

Power Mimicry - It depends on what type of attack it is, and whether Agumon would understand what it does. If it can do that, Agumon can copy it. The smarter the Digimon, the easier it is to copy. Agumon in general is a Rookie/Child Digimon of average intellect and likely won't be able to copy anything too complex.

Reactive Evolution - Overwrite (the official name of the skill) is not full proof. It can happen and can cause huge buffs, abilities, resistances and even cause him to evolve. Not perfect, in fact, it can fail and harm Agumon if it is too emotional. It is not surefire however. It shouldn't ever be assumed to work 100% and only be seen as a possible factor. Not a major game changing one.

I am somewhat doubtful of a supposed rookie digimon gaining the relative intellect to copy the entirety of Big Dog's kit - then again, I don't know any feats for reference.

Though I somewhat imagine if they could just, copy the opponent's entire kit, then I'm not really sure how they got into the bracket as that's pretty much going to beat everyone?

Unless Agumon can pull off that then I don't think my vote really changes here, albeit it's pretty annoying that the profile neglects to mention any of this.

It is mentioned. It's under Digimon Physiology.

But I know jackshit of this guy's arsenal so I cannot say (was just called here and I haven' t followed this thread). I'll find a list of moves thst have been directly shown to be copied for reference.

But like I said, Agumon would have around average intelligence and won't copy anything too complex. Especially when some of the more complex skills are usually from higher class Digimon and Agumon is also no Renamon who has the best Mimicry of any Digimon outside of the mon who focuses on mimicry. So I'd limit him to other Rookie stuff.

physiology pages

That about explains it.

Anyways I guess the only thing to ask is if it would be able to copy and replicate the mechanically-originated creation and launching of massive amounts of danmaku and homing missiles upon danmaku not sure how Agumon would grow several cannons bigger than his own body out of his back but I wouldn't be surprised at this point

Well, it can copy skills of Machine Digimon lol. It also wouldn' t be out of the realm of possibility as we have seen Digimon who lack machinery still do shit like launch missiles cuz a pre evo had it. Agumon is not one of those mons tho lol

But I am looking at the skill list from the game this was introduced in and one of the low level skills involves copying a Mechanical Arm attack. The issue is that a Re: Digitize skill showcase doesn' t exist nor can I find anything about these skills aside from the names and it is triggering me. So as of now, unless I get either a move description or animation, assume Agumon can only copy simple energy or elemental attacks (the likes of transmutation and other statuses are fine as well) and rocket launchers are a bit too complex for his stage.

Last edited:
Regardless, Mimicry ain't gonna be a game changer regardless. Even if it could copy it, it would have likely been hit already and getting overwhelmed.

If you need me for something else, let me know.

Last edited:
Alright, so if it can't copy rocket launchers then it really can't copy much of note, so yeah, the result is probably the same.

I'm not sure if the match is fair or a stomp, tbh.

But we can still move on to the next match.

Oh yeah, one other thing about the Reactive Evolution I forgot to mention. Digimon lack control over it. So they cannot choose when they want Overwrite to occur, so Agumon activating it mid-getting bombarded with missiles and danmaku is unlikely. Agumon technically has direct feats of Overwrite considering his X-Antibody form exists, but overall Agumon is pretty basic even as far as Rookie Digimon go. Dude just shoots fireballs. I see Alraumon in the list so if you need my help, call me for that MU.

Back