• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tanktop Master vs Muscular

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
A dangerous villain just breached containment, causing panic around. Witnessess stated that he fled towards Z-City, possiblt to find refuge or join a certain organization. Tanktop Master, who was patrolling the nearby area, decides to head there and stop the criminal.

Following the mass destruction left by him wasn't difficult, and they soon find themselves face to face.

TTM: "Oh, I see you are a fellow muscle enthusiast. A shame that such well-honed muscles have to be used for evil. Surrender and come with me, and then I might consider to make you join the Tank Top Army once you finish to serve your sentence"

M: "Who the hell are you? Piss off freak! Or I'll have fun squashing you like a fly..."

• Speed is equalized
  • The battle takes place in the Z-City Ghost Town, an environment full of debris and buildings but without people.
  • Monster Association Arc Tanktop Master is used.
Tanktop Master upscales from 1.22 megatons, while Muscular scales to 3.91 megatons

Tanktop Master:
Muscular: 7 (Kin201, Kingofwolves999, TheRustyOne, Ourosboros, Sonicflare9, 1v1 Debater, Brutelho)
Inconclusive:

tanktop_master_render__the_strongest_man__by_maxiuchiha22_ddnwgkn-fullview.png
1051651808_MuscularRender(MyHeroOnesJustice1).png.b7c92c9f40f22b40a6e73bb75cdaa283.png

Last edited:
How good is Tanktop Master in close combat? Since Muscular has the AP and Lifting Strength advantage, he'll need higher skill in order to overcome that.

Muscular has a rather one-track mindset, simply trying to overpower his foes with sheer brute force. He hasn't really showcased anything more impressive than charging straight at someone. Tanktop Master using any type of tackle would be a bad idea, since Muscular has higher stats he'll overpower him.

Considering that these two are just fist fighters, does Tanktop Master have enough skill to overcome their physical difference?

I'll wait for some One-Punch Man supporters before actually voting, but Muscular should win this if TTM isn't skilled enough.

Last edited:
Damn, I didn’t know their scaling put them so close together.

This is a very good MHA vs OPM MU.

I think Tanktop has recently shown more combat feats, since getting bodied by Garou.

Well, even when facing Garou, Tank Top showed some battle prowess before Garou turned on him.

Following but leaning on Tanktop.

Yeah. Just like the TheRustyOne said.

Muscular is almost 3x stronger than TTM. TTM fought and bodied Garou, who is weaker than him in terms of physical strength, mostly with brute strength before the Hero Hunter decided to use his superior techniques and skills to turn the table. TTM also hasn't demonstrated enough combat skills to say that he outskills Muscular enough to beat him regardless of the AP disadvantage.

I'm voting Muscular too.

Edit: Muscular is actually over 3 times stronger.

Last edited:
If TTM’s standard method of fighting is just straight tackles and fisticuffs, Muscular is definitely beating him down. Stat advantage is in his favor by quite a bit and he’s a guy that favors crushing people with brute force than any fancy moves. TTM gets caught and he’s basically done.

Muscular wins this one unless TTM has something over him.

It surely isn't a stomp, TTM still has his good amount of skill and the stats difference isn't that big, nor Muscular has some crazy hax or thing that grants him the victory 100% of the times.

You can put me down for Muscular, I'm certain he wins now, if this isn't a stomp. I believe this is TTM's second key, which is at least Low 7-B.

We'll see about regeneration, so far I can only see some power related to the tank top, which should just grant him something related to stamina or resilience, at most making the fight fairer (which still isn't a stomp, btw), but I don't see anything that broken coming for TTM.

A Question. Fuhrer Ugly is strong enough to break both of TTM's arms with one punch, and we have him rated as At least Low 7-B no plus sign.

Would this mean Muscular is stronger than Fuhrer, if so then doesn't that mean a single punch from Muscular would break TTM's arms just as easily?

I guess my real question is, what is Fuhrer's AP compared to Muscular? Because if they're at least equal, I believe Muscular would dominate this fight.

Fuhrer Ugly is a beast who curbstomped a lot of strong heroes so far, and did the same to another powerful monster, he is incredibly far above TTM, who gut crushed like a coke can.

He is Low 7-B just because we don't have anything (yet) that makes him upscale to 7-B or 7-A, but TTM can't hold a candle to him.

The + sign might just not be there for no specific reason, likely no one has proposed or thought of adding it.

I honestly don't know, it's the classic dilemma on how to compare the numbers we get from calcs to general upscaling from battles within fiction.

It's still early to use Fuhrer for anything, as he surely will do more things in the upcoming chapters.

A Question. Fuhrer Ugly is strong enough to break both of TTM's arms with one punch, and we have him rated as At least Low 7-B no plus sign.

Would this mean Muscular is stronger than Fuhrer, if so then doesn't that mean a single punch from Muscular would break TTM's arms just as easily?

I guess my real question is, what is Fuhrer's AP compared to Muscular? Because if they're at least equal, I believe Muscular would dominate this fight.
No, Fuhrer Ugly is definitely stronger than Muscular. Right now TTM's tiering is in a reasonable spot as most people in the community can tell you, but dragon levels like Fuhrer Ugly are really underrated tieringwise because we know they're much stronger in verse than the high/above demon low 7-Bs but there's no feats that upscale them on our lists. FU was able to nearly one-shot TTM in base and has a growth mechanic, if our upscaling rules were different he'd be low 7-B+ to 7-B (grows more powerful the pathetic he feels).

That said, TTM doesn't have the fight IQ to overcome Muscular's strength. Voting Muscular for sheer AP difference.

TTM is going to get bodied badly. He's done nothing to suggest he's anywhere near as fast or has the attack power as a 30% Midoriya.

Speed is equalized, otherwise TTM would actually be the faster one and would speedblitz Muscular. About their stats, they are somewhat close, with Muscular being about 3.91 megatons and TTM over 1.22.

I forgot to address it, but it isn't a problem, Muscular clashed with 100% Izuku, who's Low 7-B.

Hello, I would like to participate in this discussion, hope we would have a good debate.

Although admittedly, I have a different opinion on Muscular's Attack Potency, specifically whether he actually strike as hard as OFA 100%, cause from my own observation, it feels like his muscle augmentation simply acts as a damage sponge rather than generating the same force to counter Deku's 100% smash, but that's just my own caveats. I would still follow the AP that Muscular has been appointed in his profile.

Attack Potency and Durability
As the Original Poster state, Muscular has around 3x Attack potency compare to Tanktop, making him having the advantage, though probably not at all times. I will explain that later.

Their durability is as equal as their Attack Potency, meaning Muscular had the advantage. But it does bear in mind that he seems to require more layers to actually defend against such impact, meaning that both his strength and durability can change depending on his form. Such is a case when he tried to defend against Shindo's attack.

Speed and Mobility
Mobility-wise, I would say that Tanktop Master would have more flexibility compare to Muscular, seeing as the latter had to effective increase his bulk that may cause problems with being agile even if it does increase his speed. Speed-wise though, I am not sure. Speed equalized would mean that both have similar combat speed at base form, but Muscular can increase it, shown by his battle against Midoriya, seeing as when his speed and strength increase so does his muscle mass.

How would the speed equalization affect someone like Muscular, whose base would technically be when he is not using his quirk, or maybe when we can still see his shirt? I would like all of your opinion on that.

Abilities and Power
While I would believe that Tanktop's tanktops do increase his physical might due to the nature of the setting. There doesn't seem to be any additional unique ability that the fabric actually gave him, rather than simple physical enhancement and physique.

Muscular's Quirk though is that he produces muscle fibers that extrude from his body to form an extra layer of offense and defense, while similar, act as an external defense as damaging the muscles would not reach his original body, and he can simply reform it. From the recent chapters, we discover that the muscle fibers that he formed can wear and tear with sufficient force and cause uneven wrap, causing his defense and offense to weaken. It acts more of an "HP bar" rather than a "defense point". That would imply that relatively weak yet flurry strikes could weaken the bonds between the fibers to target his more vulnerable parts. Plus, he seems to require more layers of muscle fibers to tank Midoriya's 100% smash, meaning that his defense aren't always the same and fluctuates depended on his form.

Intelligence and Skills
I would suggest that Tanktop has an advantage in this department, while as simple as his style is, he does show to practice martial arts and is a dedicated bodybuilder while Muscular is rather simple and doesn't imply any form of finesse in his strikes. Also, the manga tries to show Tanktop's skill in his throwing capabilities, implying that it is optional as a ranged attack and even as a form of transportation? With the location that is set in, I could see Tanktop use it to get a distance if he so chooses to fight in close range.

While it is Tanktop Master's homeworld, Z-city is still an abandoned city and I don't think that Tanktop has that much of a homeworld advantage it is not his hometown and both he and Muscular do live in an urban city. That said, I would say that Tanktop actually has some advantage not because it is his homeworld, but because of the debris that lay in the ghost town, and we have seen that he is willing to use the environment to his advantage.

Conclusion
Tanktop Master does have some option to actually win this in my opinion. We have already seen that Deku could actually slip into the fibers, with Tanktop's strength, I could see him tear a small section if he manages to do the same. And with the location, Tanktop may be able to use the debris as projectiles to weaken the muscle fibers, especially if he managed to throw something that has an edge or can focus the force, using his odd travel to avoid confrontation. though I do not know if he is open-minded enough to thought such a strategy.

Unfortunately, due to the uncertainty of how the speed equalization would affect Muscular. I would vote inconclusive. I would change it if someone gives some insight on the matter.

Wonderful analysis!

Muscular is in that tier only when having that specific amount of muscle augmentation, not in his base. We assume he starts in that form, which is the maximum he has shown, so he can't enhance his speed further as he already is in his top form.

Thank you for the replies, I would do so in kind.

His muscles tearing apart will likely have no effect in this fight, as TTM isn't strong enough to tear his fibers apart with his punches. The damaged he'll do to his muscles would be less than 100% Izuku, which barely did anything during their fight. Yo's Vibration Quirk is special and should ignore durability to an extent
I would think Tanktop could rip apart a small strand if he manages to slip in a small section, but I agree that he would most likely not be able to tear fast enough than Muscular can form the layers. Though I would disagree that Midoriya 100% smash "barely" did anything. Judging by the image, his defense seems to suffer a bit of damage(his muscle strands tend to wrap each other neatly.)

On the Speed Equalization, if he starts off as his strongest form which is basically just a mass of muscles, wouldn't it mean that if he lowers unravel his muscle fibers, he would be slower as a result?

I would concur that I would change my vote for Muscular, I do believe that his Quirk can be counter through fast barrage of attacks focus on certain strands of layers or something similar to Shindo that most likely target all the strands with enough force to tear it, but due to Tanktop's style being more straightforward and more focus on disorienting foes and took them out with one single strong attack, it wouldn't be as effective against someone who is stronger. And the throwing strategy as I admitted requires Tanktop to be crafty enough to think of such tactic(his throwing is more for targeting flying unit it seems), able to gather projectiles that are sturdy enough to transfer the energy to the opponent and be sharp enough to focus the force like a sharp knife through a rope.

And somehow found a broken commission tower or any object he could cling into to act as a transport and be lucky enough to found enough quantity to act as a getaway for every time Muscular get's close for what would be a very tedious and long task of weathering him out.

So yes, Tanktop Master do have a chance, but it seems the probability is too improbable for me to say it still remains inconclusive. Ironically, if the Attack Potency were equal, Tanktop would have better odds since Muscular statistic amplification has too many drawbacks of it acting more of an HP bar.

Also, this is off-topic, but it seems with my current analysis, it feels like I am describing Genos facing Muscular, he seems to fit every requirement needed to defeat Muscular regardless of the lower Attack power.

Thinking of it, that might give TTM more chances of victory, and at this point I might as well make a new thread once that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back