• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Matter vs Energy (the Sentry vs Silver Surfer) (8-0-0) (Grace)

I know Sentry beating Galactus is considered a nonfeat here for some reason but we can't just not talk about it here. whatever state Galactus was in doesn't matter, even at his weakest he's just better and stronger than the Silver Surfer. Nate Grey helping or not doesn't matter either, fighting him to a standstill still means they're in the same realm of power.

As far as I remember Sentry and Surfer have the same level of bullshit powers, but Sentry should have better stats on top of that.

Wtf is speed equalized for anyway? Surfer has feats of crossing the universe and Sentry scales to Thor whose profile says he can do the same, the difference in speed should be barely anything.

I don’t think stats matter much with High Regen, it’s almost entirely down to Hax.

From my point of view, Surfer is Matter and Sentinel is Energy.

Both cannot be killed, Sentry and SS resist many of their hax, Maybe Surfer can Sealing Sentry when he notices that he cannot defeat Sentry via AP

I don’t think stats matter much with High Regen, it’s almost entirely down to Hax.
Hold tf on a minute.
Regeneration (High. Recovered from complete atomic destruction during his fight with the Uni-Lord)
................no. this is wrong for three reasons. The first is that the Unilord fight is dubiously canon, a bunch of comics in 616 say Surfer never even entered Unilord's universe and the Unilord fight itself isn't even referenced later on to my recollection. the story contradicts itself a lot on this.

the second is that even if it's canon, the comic never says Surfer got atomically destroyed. Idk where the hell that comes from, but this is the sequence and this is the page right before the sequence. He gets smashed into small pieces, that's it.

The third reason is that he didn't even regen from that with his own power. He was amping himself by draining the Unilord's power with the Blackbody's ability merged with his own. "The more power you wielded, the more I took away." There's no proof he can do that on his own and we never see him regen from that kind of damage again unless it's happened in a new comic I'm not familiar with.

Whole comic is here if you don't believe me. i checked it to be sure before I wrote this.

That's some juicy information right there, try to post that in a CRT and get some responses to get it passed

yeah, I'll do that. I have to go find the comics where it says surfer never even entered Unilord's universe to begin with, but this should be clear cut anyway. the whole sequence debunks what's on the profile by itself.

yeah, I'll do that. I have to go find the comics where it says surfer never even entered Unilord's universe to begin with, but this should be clear cut anyway. the whole sequence debunks what's on the profile by itself.
Actually before you do that, make sure you have a replacement regen feat up, unless you're removing regen as a whole

Methinks Surfer's votes are now invalid because the presumption was based on them conventionally not able to do shit to each other. No longer the case post-revisions.

Sentry FRA

Yeah like I said, they both have a lot of BS powers, but Sentry should be just a lot stronger and more durable. Surfer needs hax to win and he doesn't always use his more broken powers in fights. Sentry can win with hax or just overpower him. shit, if the fight's long enough he'll sense the power cosmic in Surfer and then just absorb it, taking away his healing factor and most of his powers. He's familiar with Galactus and I hear he actually fused with Surfer for a bit in Annihilation: Scourge, so it's not like he doesn't know what the PC is or what it does.

Sentry is just more likely to win imo. He beats Surfer.

Tbf Surfer could use bfr and time manip, and sealing. But okay, I will count your vote to Sentry.

Back