• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Speed =

The writer isn't accounted for Chin.

Crimson Chin: 8 (Imaginym, TyranoDoom30, Crimson_Shadow101, Psychomaster35, Coolboy6, Sonicflare9, Stillwinston, Rez)

Homelander: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Attack Potency: Small Building level, possibly City Block level (Far superior to Crimson Countess, whose power blasts can supposedly melt tanks. Decapitated Queen Maeve with a punch, can fly through and cut a plane's tail off, one-shot a heavily armored villain)

Homelander's AP seems to be based on this: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DontTalk/Melting_a_Tank_-_Heavy_Object_calc

Converting the yield to the joules, we get 61,938,970,000 Joules.... But it's for a melting feat, right? & it provides the Possibly part of his Small Building level, possibly City Block level

The Crimson Chin?

Attack Potency: City Block level (Defeated Bronze Kneecap several times, the Iron Lung, Brass Knuckles & Titanium Toenail, and harmed the Nega-Chin, all of which being known villains of him with the latter stating that they not win in their dimension; All of the former were able to take hits from Mighty Mom and Dyno Dad [43.16 Tons of TNT]. Timmy exemplified the Crimson Chin to Cosmo & Wanda when he wished his parents to have invulnerability, super strength, as well as other powers)

Typo of "the latter stating that they not win in their dimension" aside, The Crimson Chin regularly defeats or is comparable to opponents who can take hits from 43.16 tons of TNT AP characters.
....Though, given said opponents don't win against The Crimson Chin in their dimension, hopefully we don't consider it Plot-Induced like Team Rocket always losing or Spider-Man beating Galactus or such.

But in any case, taking that scaling chain listed on the profile into account, it would mean The Crimson Chin scales above characters who are comparable or superior to 43.16 tons of TNT. In joules, 43.16 tons of TNT is 180,581,440,000 joules.

So that's Homelander scaling far superiorly to someone who supposedly has a melting feat, that puts him at 61,938,970,000 Joules
& The Crimson Chin scales comparable, likely superiorly to 180,581,440,000 joules, about 2.91 times higher than Homelander's scaling point.

Both are above their scaling points, so I'd be confident The Crimson Chin would have the statistical edge.

So what about other stats?

Well, for Lifting Strength....

Sadly, while we (apparently) know lifting a loaded bus is Class 10 (Is it really?), I'm not sure what LS throwing a bus is. But seemingly, Homelander has the LS edge, even if the inexact figures make me unsure by how much.

Stamina?

Stamina: Very high. While dealing with his parents having ended up exhausted after a day of work and how they're only human, Timmy came up with how the Crimson Chin "can do anything without breaking a sweat" and later wished them to have, among other abilities, "invulnerability so nothing can hurt them and they never get tired" while showcasing Crimson Chin with that power, resulting in them being able to fight against crime all day and defend truth and justice all night

Crimson Chin also has this, from his Powers & Abilities: Invulnerability (Implied that he never gets tired because of it
May be relevant for Stamina.

& Homelander is "Superhuman" with no justification.

Intelligence?
Crimson Chin:
Intelligence: Above Average. Is a relatively clever fighter. Has more than 934 issues in his comic[3], which should give him a large amount of experience. Considered an ace reporter in his job. Could send part of a street as a wave to make the people reached by it get precisely launched on top of a building, which he was aiming to do
Homelander:
Intelligence: A cunning and deceptive manipulator.
I don't know the feats in CC's 934 issues, & I don't know Homelander's intelligence feats, so I can't be sure they'd be relevant. But I'd assume CC might have the better experience.

Range is "Standard melee range, tens of meters with heat vision." for the Crimson Chin, & Homelander has "Dozens of meters (Reduced a platoon to a puddle of blood large enough to cover an entire hangar), higher with heat vision".

Finally, for powers & abilities, both of them are flying bricks with heat vision & x-ray vision & Enhanced Senses (Though Homelander's aren't detailed, unlike CC's super-hearing & super-sight.), while Homelander has a Sonic Scream, & though Homelander can destroy eardrums, Crimson Chin has Resistance to Sound Manipulation good enough to fly up to a giant robot screaming powerfully enough to shatter the windows of far away buildings, as his profile already notes.
I'm not an expert on either, but I'd assume far away city building windows are harder to break with sound than human eardrums. Even if not, limited resistance is better than none.

Homelander is noted as being a cunning & deceptive manipulator, & he has Social Influencing, so I'm unsure if that'd matter; What would he offer to The Crimson Chin, who's likely so vigilant, especially in a fight?

Lastly, while both are humanoids, The Crimson Chin is shown to use his giant chin in combat as a melee weapon. In close quarters combat, this practically means he has another limb to use, since Homelander just has arms & legs, while The Crimson Chin has a GIANT CHIN.

It might seem obvious, but I'd dare say it's relevant, especially if Homelander were to realize his Lifting Strength advantage (Or MAYBE an AP/Durability advantage, if he's more superior to his opponents than I assumed.) & want to go in close.
& even if Homelander does anticipate the danger of a giant chin in melee (Which I could expect, since he is noted as cunning & intelligent & The Crimson Chin's whole identity kind of gives it away.), he might be less expecting of The Crimson Chin shooting a laser from his giant chin: Energy Projection & Light Manipulation (Shot a blast of light from his chin against the Body of Evil).

Conclusion?
Overall, I'd say both characters are ambiguous in their AP superiority within their own series, as well as ambiguous in where exactly their LS falls, but I'd confident that The Crimson Chin has at least slightly higher AP/SS/Durability than Homelander, since he's already 2.91 times higher than Homelander's scaling point before superiorities are taken into account.
CC seems to have better stamina, & is outclassed in range (Outside of Standard Melee Range, it's Tens of meters vs Homelander's dozens of meters & higher with Heat Vision.), is probably also outclassed in LS (Unless throwing a bus gets calced as higher than Class 10.) but has what I assume is a non-negligible resistance to Homelander's Sonic Scream, & thanks to his Chin, has that advantage in melee, as well as an extra projectile option, that, unlike Homelander's Sonic Scream on him, isn't resisted by his opponent, which could let him escape problematic grabs.
& in terms of experience, I'd say 934 issues (& maybe more expereince weirder, more often similar superpowered threats.) will let him match or rival Homelander in the Intelligence/Experience difficulty.

Voting The Crimson Chin, mid-high, maybe high difficulty, for better Stamina, better options in melee & up close, & despite less range, since he has a projectile his opponent doesn't resist, doesn't themselves have, & may not even expect, not to mention probably has higher AP/SS/Durability in the first place, & maybe more experience.

Sorry about all the words, all. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Homelander actually has ap advantage because he one shotted queen meave who upscales from the melting feat

So it's like this Homelander>>>queen meave>the melting feat I am not much knowledgeable about the boys comics so the scaling chain might be bigger

So it's like this Homelander>>>queen meave>the melting feat I am not much knowledgeable about the boys comics so the scaling chain might be bigger
Yeah, I don't know if you read my original post -Because I feel that often, people in these debates will "skim" such verbose analysises- but I already accounted for that.
Quoting myself:

"So that's Homelander scaling far superiorly to someone who supposedly has a melting feat, that puts him at 61,938,970,000 Joules
& The Crimson Chin scales comparable, likely superiorly to 180,581,440,000 joules, about 2.91 times higher than Homelander's scaling point."

Said melting feat is Homelander's scaling point, & is 1 of the first things mentioned in his Attack Potency section on his profile, for that matter, which I quoted verbatim. Literally the first thing in my reply, which was the first reply in this thread.

Crimson Chin's own scaling point was done by someone his villains could keep up with, so he's likely superior to it, since he beats his villains regularly. Put simply:

Homelander: "Far superior" by an unknown amount to 61,938,970,000 Joules
Crimson Chin: Likely superior to 180,581,440,000 joules. (Roughly 2.91 times higher than Homelander's scaling point.)

Noting that HOW MUCH they're superior by is unknown for both, if Crimson Chin were only TWICE as strong as the value he scales to, & Homelander FIVE times as strong as the value he himself scales to, Crimson Chin would STILL have the AP advantage, to give one comparison, for example.

& that still doesn't account for Crimson having an effective advantage in limb quantity, Stamina, & likely in projectile options, & possibly experience as well.
(I will admit, though, that Homelander has at least a significant advantage in Lifting Strength, & possibly other issues.)

Sorry if I've been rude. I do appreciate a fun Versus debate.

Reactions: Rez
Back